Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble.

2 posters

Go down

Trigun: Badlands Rumble. Empty Trigun: Badlands Rumble.

Post by Unit7 Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:12 am

Trigun was one of the first animes I ever watched. I remember during the summer that or when I was being bad during the school year I'd stay up late to watch Trigun on I think Cartoon Network. I just loved the show. Vash the Stampede being both a bumbling goof and a badass, the insurance girls Meryl and Milly, and the chain smoking priest with a giant Cross/Gun/Rocket Launcher. What wasn't there to love?

I had almost completely forgotten that there was to be a movie or atleast I didn't realise it had long since been released. In fact if I hadn't stumbled into some site mentioning it I would never have bothered to check letmewatchthis at all.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble takes place sometime before the end of the series. The story follows Vash as he decides to take a visit to a city where 20 years ago he allows a infamous robber by the name of Gasback to escape. 20 years later Gasback has decided to get revenge on his former associates and countless bounty hunters have gathered in this one city including a mysterious girl by the name Amelia.

Oh and Meryl and Milly wanting to protect a 5 billion dollar statue from the chaos that's about to unfold... because you know their insurance company is cheap and doesn't want to even consider paying any money out. Oh and Wolfwood is somewhere caught up in all this.

I personally loved the movie. Maybe it's because it was nice to see Vash and the gang back in a new adventure(I really should read the manga...) and it was just great seeing Vash act like a love sick puppy as he chased Amelia around.

But it also had that age old favorite theme of mine. Whether you call it casting the dice, butterfly effect, or the ripple effect it all boils down to one thing: You never know what your actions may cause. Sometimes it's for the better and sometimes it's for the worse.

Anyways.

I really loved Gasback. While he is ruthless and wont give a damn whether or not he kills you, chances are he wont. When he robs you for all your money he will most likely let you live. That is if the first scene is any indication. He also has a honor code of sorts. Robbing someone blind is a No No, swindling people out of their money is just wrong. But stealing everything you got while you do it in front of them is perfectly fine. Atleast I think I understood that right. Gasback turned out to be a fun villian.

Then there is Vash. Most of the movie he is either trying to convince Amelia that it was fate that brought them together or just goofing around. Typical Vash behavior. Oh and he is also trying to eat his snack that is as hard as a rock.

Meryl and Milly: They have a small role in this movie overall. But what they offer is some great laughs.

Wolfwood: I am happy that this movie takes place before his untimely death. He is also involved in a very similar scene in the Anime. If you have seen the anime and this movie, you will know which I am talking about.

The Black Cat: You know that cat that just so happens to be around Vash all the time? Usually lurking somewhere in the background. Well maybe it's not the same cat but you can see one in the backgroundish area from time to time. But I think it was only early on in the movie. Good stuff... crap I forgot about that story I never finished.

Amelia: She is simply badass. She actually sorta reminds me of a female version of Vash... except the whole ideals thing. She really wants to kill Gasback. This movie is mainly about her and I am not complaining about that at all. It's... complicated. Well it's an age old story but a good one.

Spoiler time. No peaky peaky if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler:

Oh and I love how the ending left possibility for another movie. Well one can hope. Very Happy

Great movie though. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Trigun: Badlands Rumble. Empty Re: Trigun: Badlands Rumble.

Post by Rex Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:03 am

Man I have been hearing about Trigun for ages. Almost as I have been hearing about Evangelion. Speaking off I didn't dare to read your post for fear of spoilers. What kind of genre is Trigun? Is it straight up action? Mind fuckery like Evangelion that leaves you feeling weird. Or something strange like Elfen Lied?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Rex wrote:Man I have been hearing about Trigun for ages. Almost as I have been hearing about Evangelion. Speaking off I didn't dare to read your post for fear of spoilers. What kind of genre is Trigun? Is it straight up action? Mind fuckery like Evangelion that leaves you feeling weird. Or something strange like Elfen Lied?

You haven't seen Trigun? :O

Trigun is a scifi western. It's set in a future where Earth was dying so humanity built ships and started to move away from Earth. Unfortunately something goes wrong and humanity makes it's home on a desert like world.

The main story follows Vash The Stampede/Humanoid Typhoon who has the largest bounty on his head: 60 Billion Dollars. Because that's just how dangerous Vash is. Following Vash is Meryl and Milly insurance people who are tasked to follow Vash around or something(been awhile)

So the story follows these characters, and later Wolfwood, around as they travel this barren wasteland.

Despite his reputation for a mass killer and bringing destruction in his wake causing death and pain is the very last thing he wants. He very rarely shoots to kill and even when he does he is torn about it.

You know what? I just suck at describing this So I 'd suggest you google Trigun and watch it for yourself. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:24 am

Ok I just started watching Trigun. I am at episode 6 and is really good!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum