Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zombieland

2 posters

Go down

Zombieland Empty Zombieland

Post by Unit7 Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:56 pm

You know I don't think I was ever really excited to see Zombieland. I mean it had zombies, it was a comedy, so I was going to watch it eventually. But it could have come later then sooner. This is where I made my mistake. This movie turned out to be a fun ride.

The story takes place in Zombieland, formerly known as the United States of America... and well just about the World I guess. It follows Columbus, a college kid who shut himself off from the world for the most part, and Tallahassee one crazy motherbleeper who just loves 2 things... 3 things. 1) Killing Zombies 2) Bill Murray 3) Twinkies. God help you if you get in this man's way of a twinkie!! They join up together in what was supposed to be a short trip to Columbus.

I loved how they used names. Instead of asking for their real names, they simply asked for where they were from. It also reminds me of how in Resident Evil: Extinction that kid's name is Kmart. I think that was that movie.

I loved the Rules Columbus had. Always check the back seat, beware of bathrooms, don't be a hero, use a seatbelt. All of them. I also loved how they would sometimes appear on the screen sorta reminding you 'This is what rule 7 is for! now learn it!'

One thing I loved about this movie is how borderline comedy and horror and how it could easily be one way or another. Of course when it went to far one way or the other a character would make a comment or something and it would be all better. Smile

Spoilers Beware, your in for a scare!

... wait thats not right. o.O

Spoiler:

The characters were all great. But I loved the relationship between Colubmus and Tallahassee. These two guys couldn't be more different and I think they did a great job with this. You can tell that Tallahassee wanted to rip Columbus's head off a few times and how Columbus was about to piss himself when Tallahassee decides to take out his frustration.

Witchita was... well she was both bad ass and Hot(I loved Columbus's and her moment at the amusement park and how he brushes her hair behind her ear. Then having Tallahassee comment on that hes finally getting to first base)

Little Rock was... well she is one bad ass 12 year old. Watching her shoot the vases with Tallahassee was just pure awesomeness.

Out of all the great moments and scenes in this movie(which to be honest is alot) My favorite has to be...

Spoiler:

I am a bit disapointed with 1 thing though. Considering how epic this movie was it turns up to be a rather minior complaint. But I really wished there was more Kills of the Week. Of course I know it hasn't been to long after the outbreak but... yeah I just sorta wished there was more of em you know?

But this really was a great movie. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Zombieland Empty Re: Zombieland

Post by Rex Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:55 am

This was one of my favorite things as well. I rarely remember names so I don't care too much about them and it was fun to see them calling each other like this

The rules were prefect. They really know their demographic. Come on who of us hasn't made a few unoffical rules he would follow in the vent of Zombie Apocalypse Smile

Ditto. I loved how opposite they were and it was hilarious to see how they met

Witchita was awesome. Gotta love a hot redhead. I love Emma Stone ever since I saw her in Drive. Have you checked out her new movie Easy A. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun

Haha yeah. I loved this part. And even though I just knew how it would end I couldn't help but find it funny Smile Poor guy

Sadly know. Do you gotta youtube link? Oh speaking of out of movie stuff have you seen the awesome ending of I am Legend? Amazingly it improves the otherwise crappy movie in a massive way

I know just how you feel. And I strongly suspect that they put more Kills of the Week on the dvd to tempt us to buy them
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Rex wrote:This was one of my favorite things as well. I rarely remember names so I don't care too much about them and it was fun to see them calling each other like this

For some reason because of this I actually remembered their names. lol

The rules were prefect. They really know their demographic. Come on who of us hasn't made a few unoffical rules he would follow in the vent of Zombie Apocalypse Smile

Yeah. For starters never lock the car door if your only going to be gone for a bit. Well actually I only thought of that as he was running around trying to open the door and realize that the door had been unlocked. lol

Ditto. I loved how opposite they were and it was hilarious to see how they met

I have always loved how opposites like them can be so fun to watch. When done right it makes the movie so much more fun and enjoyable.

Witchita was awesome. Gotta love a hot redhead. I love Emma Stone ever since I saw her in Drive. Have you checked out her new movie Easy A. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun

No I haven't. Looks like I got another movie to put on my list. lol last night I was going through letmewatchthis's movie selection and bookmarking a bunch of movies.

Haha yeah. I loved this part. And even though I just knew how it would end I couldn't help but find it funny Smile Poor guy

Yeah I expected it too but definitely funny. Very Happy

Sadly know. Do you gotta youtube link? Oh speaking of out of movie stuff have you seen the awesome ending of I am Legend? Amazingly it improves the otherwise crappy movie in a massive way

No I don't sadly. It was just a short clip and I don't think I caught the reference. But it sounded like they were saying lines of some movie or something. You mean the Alternate ending where instead of blowing himself up with them he escapes? Personally I enjoyed that ending... but I also enjoyed the movie overall anyways. lol

I know just how you feel. And I strongly suspect that they put more Kills of the Week on the dvd to tempt us to buy them

That would probably get me to buy the DVD. Could put a whole section on it showing a bunch of Kills of the Week. But hopefully in the sequel there will be more of them(is there a sequel? I saw a few things while googling Zombieland and there were some talks about it and such)
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum