Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tomorrow UPDATE!

+3
joselin4life
Unit7
SamIAm
7 posters

Go down

I'm going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tomorrow UPDATE! Empty I'm going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tomorrow UPDATE!

Post by SamIAm Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:05 pm

We drove down to Florida to see my Grandparents on Wednesday, stopped overnight, and got here Thursday. We've just been seeing family and friends mostly, but tomorrow, we're leaving for Universal Studios, which means Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!! I'm sooooooo excited! We'll be in Universal through Wednesday night so I won't be back on until then or Thursday morning.
I'm not that big on pictures, but I'll probably put up pictures of it when I get back. We forgot our camera at home, which we didn't realize until we were in Pennsylvania, but we're taking my grandparent's camera.
I am so beyond excited!

I just typed up this whole huge thing about the Wizarding World and the stupid internet crashed and I lost all of it. So now I have to type it all again.

It was soooooooo amazing. It felt just like stepping into one of the books or movies. You walk through the gate, and immediately, you see the Hogwarts express sitting there like it's coming out of a tunnel, and there is steam coming out of the top if it, and there is a man dressed up as a conductor directing people. You continue walking, and you have the village of Hogsmeade set up. You have Zonkos, which has toys in it, the Owl Post, where you can get a post card stamped, and they have fake owls on the ceiling and everything. You can buy stationary there and stuff. They have Honeydukes, which sells candy and stuff. They have practically every piece of candy or desert ever mentioned in the books or movies there. Dervish and Banges, which I think was just a gift shop. And then they have the Hogs Head, where you can get drinks and dessert, and the Three Broomsticks which is their restaurant. It's set up just like the Three Broomsticks in the movie inside. Then there are a bunch of storefronts, like Deathcap and Dogweed(plant store), a music shop, the robes shop, the bookstore(which has all of Gildory Lockhart's books in it), and a couple others, which are just set up as storefronts. You can see like the front windows with the displays set up, but you can't go in. I'm not sure if you will eventually be able to go in or not, but they said they aren't completely finished with the park yet so it's a possibility. Oh and they also have Ollivander's. You wait on line to get in. They take groups of 30 in at a time. There is a guy that looks like Ollivander in there. And out of each group of 30, he selects one little kid to be fitted for a wand. In the store the walls are piled to the ceiling with wands, just like in the movie. He takes the little kid, and gives them one wand. Tells them to water the plant, and the plant dies. Then he gives them another want, and tells them to try to move something off the shelf, and a strong wind blows. Asks the kid for their birthday, and gives them a third wand. The kid picks up the wand, and a light shines on them, like the wand is destined for them. Then you go through the door so that everyone can buy a wand if they want. You can either get a replica of a character's wand from the movies, or you can get a personalized wand. The personalized wand depends on your birthday. It's like a birthstone. This one for this month, that one for that month. Of course I needed to get a wand.
Anyway, there are carts selling butterbeer and pumpkin juice and random points throughout the park. Butterbeer is really cream soda with whipped cream on top, and pumpkin juice is a mix of apple juice and pumpkin juice.
They also have Hagrid's hut, but you can't go inside of it, and they have the Ford Anglia crashed into a tree.
And you have three rides. They have Flight of the Hippogriff, which is the family friendly roller coaster. It doesn't go upside down or anything. Then there's The Dragon Challenge, which is the big roller coaster. I didn't go on that one, because a lot of people were coming off of it sick. And then there is The Forbidden Journey, which is the ride inside Hogwarts. The castle is amazing looking from the outside, and I can't even use words to describe the inside. While you're waiting on line, you're taking a tour through the castle, so you don't mind waiting. First you walk through the greenroom where Herbology class is. They have plants on the ceiling and everything. Then you walk in to the castle, and you see the house point counters, with different colored sand for each house. Griffindor is of course in the lead with Slytherin right behind them, and then Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are below them, but I don't remember in which order. Then when you keep walking, they have the Mirror of Erised. Then at the end of the hallway is the eagle that is the secret passage that turns into a spiral staircase leading you into Dumbledore's study. The next room is Dumbledore's study. It's set up like in the movies, with the telescopes and stuff set up on tables, and stuff in display cases, and the pensieve, and the sorting hat, and the sword of Griffindor are in there. And there's a hologram of Dumbledore talking to you. Then you continue along, and you are in the hallway(with the emergency exit staircase next to you, set up like the moving staircases) and they have tons of talking portraits on the wall. Griffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw are having a conversation with each other. You continue on, and You're in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. The black board has spells written on it, and cauldrons and stuff on tables, and the dragon's skeleton hanging above your head. There is a hologram of Harry, Ron, and Hermione in there, and they are telling you how they're gonna sneak you out of class, and take you to a Quidditch game. Then it snows in the room for some reason, and they go under the invisibility cloak and walk away. You move along, and you're in a hallway with statues, and stained glass windows and stuff, and then you're in a passageway with the Fat Lady. She's talking, and telling you how Harry's a great Quidditch player and whatnot, and then you go into the next room, which is the Griffindor common room. It's also set up just like in the movies, with the armchairs, and the fireplace, and the two staircases to the boys and girls dorms. Then you walk into a little hallway with more talking portraits of old professors and stuff, and then you are at the ride part. The ride is like a roller coaster seat, and there are 4 of them attached to each other. It's mostly virtual reality, but the seat turns, and spins, and dips, and drops and everything, with what's happening on screen. You're supposed to be sneaking out of Hogwarts on broomstick, and on the way you run into dementors, and snakes, and snake and dragon bones, and some other stuff, and finally you are on the Quidditch pitch, flying along with Harry and Ron in the game, and then it's over. It lets you out into a gift shop at the end.
And that's pretty much it. There isn't that much to do besides wait on line for things, but what is there is absolutely amazing. Oh and all of the employees there were either dressed in robes, or dressed in house elf costumes.
The hotel I stayed at was really nice too. It was set up like a village in Italy.
I took well over 100 pictures, and I'll try to get some up within the next day or two. I'll try to get them up before I leave to go back to NY, but if I don't get them up tomorrow, you'll have to wait until I get home.

Last edited by SamIAm on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

I'm going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tomorrow UPDATE! Empty Re: I'm going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tomorrow UPDATE!

Post by Unit7 Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:08 pm

congratz. Funny you should mention this(or funny that I should read this now) because I am currently watching Half Blood Prince. lol

Hope you have fun. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

I'm going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tomorrow UPDATE! Empty Re: I'm going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tomorrow UPDATE!

Post by joselin4life Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:17 pm

That sounds exciting!!

Have funn Smile
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SamIAm Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Unit7 wrote:congratz. Funny you should mention this(or funny that I should read this now) because I am currently watching Half Blood Prince. lol

Hope you have fun. Smile

Thanks Unit Smile
This weekend is also a Harry Potter movie marathon on ABCFamily, which I found funny.

joselin4life wrote:That sounds exciting!!

Have funn Smile

Thanks Joselin Smile

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:08 pm

haha really? my TV has been broken so I haven't been watching much lately so I wouldn't know. I think its a sign that the Universe wants you to have a awesome time. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Cool! I hope it's as awesome as it looks! Have a great time Smile
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:58 am

SamIAm wrote:

joselin4life wrote:That sounds exciting!!

Have funn Smile

Thanks Joselin Smile

You're welcomeee Smile
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:15 am

YOU.
SUCK.
jaykay.
have fun, and pleaseee tell how amazing it is?
i is jealous major Smile
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -aNNabeLLe- Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 am

Have sooo much fun! That place is amazing!
-aNNabeLLe-
-aNNabeLLe-

Back to top Go down

Post by SamIAm Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Unit7 wrote:haha really? my TV has been broken so I haven't been watching much lately so I wouldn't know. I think its a sign that the Universe wants you to have a awesome time. Very Happy

Haha I think it just might have been.

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Cool! I hope it's as awesome as it looks! Have a great time Smile

Thanks Smile

Malletmusic17 wrote:YOU.
SUCK.
jaykay.
have fun, and pleaseee tell how amazing it is?
i is jealous major Smile
I wrote like everything that was there, so I think I covered how amazing it was lol. It was soooooooo awesome.

-aNNabeLLe- wrote:Have sooo much fun! That place is amazing!

Thanks Smile Have you been there?

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by -aNNabeLLe- Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Yeah we just went about a month ago. It was soooo much fun. You described it perfectly. Haha
-aNNabeLLe-
-aNNabeLLe-

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Speaking of Harry Potter I'm going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tomorrow UPDATE! Icon_biggrin Awesome trailer sing a long