Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hellcats!

4 posters

Go down

Hellcats! Empty Hellcats!

Post by melissa052 Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:54 pm

I have to say, I am really impressed, although I really shouldn't be... I just got a late start on watching this show (Airs Wednesdays at 9 on CW)...

It stars Alyson Michalka and Ashley Tisdale, two very talented actresses!

Basically, Hellcats is a show about sacrifice and competitive sports. When Marti Perkins (Aly Michalka) loses her scholarship to Lancer University in Memphis, Tennessee her dreams of college and escaping her alcoholic mother for a better life as a lawyer could be over before they start. Luckily, Lancer's legendary competitive cheer squad, the Hellcats, needs a replacement for injured captain, Alice. Marti wins the spot with her revamped teen gymnastics skills and her freestyle dance moves. Along with the spot comes a scholarship, the drama of competition, and required team living quarters with roommate Savannah (Ashley Tisdale). With her job at stake, Coach and former Hellcat Vanessa pins her hopes to win nationals on Marti and the squad. Off the floor, the drama continues among Marti, her close friend Dan, her new Hellcat partner Lewis, and the rest of the squad...

So, uh... Anyone else gonna be watching this or is it just me?
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Hellcats! Empty Re: Hellcats!

Post by Rex Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:55 pm

It's half naked cheerleaders. Do you even have to ask? Hellcats! Icon_biggrin
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Rex wrote:It's half naked cheerleaders. Do you even have to ask? Hellcats! Icon_biggrin

LOL! I guess it was a stupid question! Razz
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Hellcats! Icon_biggrin
Although I have to admit that I was surprised the show wasn't pure eye candy. There were some glimmer of a plot and acting. I think this has potential
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Yeah, it definitely does have potential! I'm actually quite glad it's not what I initially thought it'd be, I was afraid it'd be like Bring It On for TV or something... I do like the BiO series but this is something different which is definitely nice!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Hey. I like Bring It One. It had Eliza Duskhu and everything with her is awesome!

Although technically isn't it exactly like Bring It On for TV? Ex gymnast not too fond of cheerleaders,competing for whatever, having a brother/here a friend who is also a bit of an outcast......seem kinda similar
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:02 am

I saw the promo/trailer for it and it looks like a good show. I'm gonna start watching it.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Rex wrote:Although technically isn't it exactly like Bring It On for TV? Ex gymnast not too fond of cheerleaders,competing for whatever, having a brother/here a friend who is also a bit of an outcast......seem kinda similar
Not the originals...
In the first one, a champion high school cheerleading squad discovers its previous captain stole all their best routines from an inner-city school and must scramble to compete at this year's championships.
Second one, new students can't get onto their college cheerleading team so they form their own squad and prepare for a cheer off.
Third and fouth are similar in some senses though...

joselin4life wrote:I saw the promo/trailer for it and it looks like a good show. I'm gonna start watching it.

Definitely do check it out! It's awesome! If you wanna see the pilot you can search it on sidereel and you'll get lots of links!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:36 pm

melissa052 wrote:
joselin4life wrote:I saw the promo/trailer for it and it looks like a good show. I'm gonna start watching it.

Definitely do check it out! It's awesome! If you wanna see the pilot you can search it on sidereel and you'll get lots of links!

I'm about to watch it now, since I don't have anything else to do.

joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:01 pm

I watched it. Alyson Michalka is awesome.
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:02 pm

And Ashley Tisdale did really well too.
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Yeah! Aly and Ashley are awesome actresses! Other than Hilary Duff, they are pretty much the only two (Who got known via Disney) that I can honestly say I enjoy... Sure, I didn't like Ashley much in HSM (Hated them movies to begin with though...) but in Suite Life she was spectacular! Same with Aly in Phil of the Future...

Which makes me wanna go watch some Phil of the Future.... I think I shall take a break from writing to find them!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum