Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/11, today we remember

+2
SamIAm
Malletmusic17
6 posters

Go down

9/11, today we remember Empty 9/11, today we remember

Post by Malletmusic17 Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Today, I remember.

I remember how on the 10th of September, my dad was supposed to go to his New York office in the twin towers for a business trip.
I remember how he had gotten the flu and was very broken up about canceling his trip.
I remember how I woke up on the 11th like any other morning.
I remember how by the end of the school day, there was only 3 kids left in my class and no one knew why.
I remember getting on the bus with only 5 kids, and a distraught bus driver.
I remember walking in the door to seeing my dad, standing in front of the tv.
I remember looking at the utter shock on his face.
I remember asking him, "daddy, whats going on?"
and I remember him praying.

I remember 9/11, and I will never forget.
Thank God for all the men and women who helped that day, the firefighters, EMS, Doctors, etc.
Thank God for all the men and women who have fought since that day to keep us free.

and Thank God my dad got sick that week.

We will never forget.
God Bless America.
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

9/11, today we remember Empty Re: 9/11, today we remember

Post by SamIAm Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm glad your dad got sick that week too. The same kind of thing happened to my friend's dad. He's a firefighter in Manhatten, and he had off that day. And the same kind of thing happened to my dad as well.
I already posted this on Trista's topic, but I'll put it here too.

I was only 9 in 2001. And 9 years later, I can still remember it so clearly.
I was sitting in class. School had just started a few days ago. We were reading at our desks, just like any other morning. We heard a crash. Nobody had any idea what it was. It was distant, but it was loud enough for the whole building to hear. After a couple of seconds, the lights went out. The teacher told us all to stay in our seats while she went into the hall to talk with another teacher. We still had no idea what was going on. About 20 minutes later, we heard another crash. The second one was a little bit louder. After about another 5 minutes, the principal came into the room and told us that all of our parents were being called to come pick us up. We were all thrilled. We didn't want to spend the day in school. But the kids still didn't know what had made the crashing sounds, why the lights went out, or why we were being sent home. We knew that something was wrong.
My mom came and got me from school. She was there within 2 minutes. Apparently she had been coming to get me even before the school called her. My dad was working in Manhattan, only a few blocks away from the World Trade Center. My mom had tried to call him, but he wasn't picking up. We drove to the north most part of Staten Island, where you can see Manhattan across the water. I was able to see the second tower, on fire and collapsing. A sight I can never get out of my mind. We sat there in the car for a couple minutes, my mom crying. That's when my mom's phone rang. It was my dad. By complete coincidence, he had been in Brooklyn picking up a package for his job when the towers were hit. He came home safely that night.
But two days later, I walked upstairs to find my mom laying in bed crying with the phone in her hand. My uncle worked in the World Trade Center. Him and his best friend had been in a room with about a dozen children. My uncle made sure that all of the children got out of the building through a window. He insisted that his best friend get out before him. His friend made it out, but just in time. My uncle couldn't escape, and his was trapped in the building.

All of the fire stations here have their garages painted like American flags with sayings like "We will never forget" and such, and the names of the firefighters from their unit that lost their lives in the towers.
It is a day that I will truly never forget.

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 pm

I remember I was a freshmen in high school. I was sitting in band class, when they came over the PA and announced what was going on. I couldn't really hear too well about what was going on. So when I got to my 3rd hour class my teacher had the tv on and we could see the news. I had tears in my eyes. They cancelled our marching band practice so that we could go home and be with our families. I remember coming home and my mom telling me that my dad's cousin worked in the Trade Centers. Well we finally got a hold of her and she had been laid off that week so she wasn't at work. She was at home when it happened. I just couldn't believe that something like this could happen again. All I kept thinking about was "Man, so this is how they felt when Pearl Harbor happened?" I will live that day like it was yesterday. I will never forget. Those heros and the people that lost their lives will always be in my heart.
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:10 pm

i was only in 3rd grade, so they didnt tell us about what was going on.
but i will always remember it.

im very sorry about your uncle. we lost a very good friend in the accident, my dads boss.

i do bet people felt like that during Pearl Harbour
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:54 pm

I am very happy that your dad had gotten sick!

While I was reading your story, I had cried.

Thank God!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SamIAm Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:i was only in 3rd grade, so they didnt tell us about what was going on.
but i will always remember it.

im very sorry about your uncle. we lost a very good friend in the accident, my dads boss.

Thank you. I'm sorry about your dad's boss.

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:33 pm

I lost my uncle that day. He wasn't really a relative, he was my friend's dad, but he was like an uncle to me. It is very sad so many people got hurt. God bless you Uncle Jesse. I am looking after your daughter very well, she and the entire family miss you.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life93 Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:06 am

I feel incredibly blessed that I had no family lost in 9/11 or even have been supposed to be there and didn't. To Steph, I'm sorry about your dad's boss, but I'm glad your dad had gotten sick and couldn't make his trip. To Sam, I'm glad your dad was okay, but I'm so sorry your Uncle died, he was a great man. (From the story you shared).

I was only 8 when 9/11 happened. In fact I had just turned 8 the day before, so I don't really remember anything all that much. I do faintly remember a teacher coming in and then my teacher turning on the tv. My parents had been working that day in a town over from ours and my mom heard about the towers on her way down there. Usually where they were working would be incredibly busy because it was a fair that they work at one week in the year and she said the place was a complete ghost town that she saw maybe 20 people all day.
secret_life93
secret_life93

Back to top Go down

Post by SamIAm Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:55 am

secret_life93 wrote:I feel incredibly blessed that I had no family lost in 9/11 or even have been supposed to be there and didn't. To Steph, I'm sorry about your dad's boss, but I'm glad your dad had gotten sick and couldn't make his trip. To Sam, I'm glad your dad was okay, but I'm so sorry your Uncle died, he was a great man. (From the story you shared).

I was only 8 when 9/11 happened. In fact I had just turned 8 the day before, so I don't really remember anything all that much. I do faintly remember a teacher coming in and then my teacher turning on the tv. My parents had been working that day in a town over from ours and my mom heard about the towers on her way down there. Usually where they were working would be incredibly busy because it was a fair that they work at one week in the year and she said the place was a complete ghost town that she saw maybe 20 people all day.

Thank you. He was a great man.

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum