Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Event

Go down

The Event Empty The Event

Post by Unit7 Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Because my TV is broken my TV time has been severely limited to whatever I can watch online. Not so bad... but I as of late I have found myself drastically behind in the new upcoming series and season premiers. I didn't know The Event existed until earlier today. I saw some peoples complaints about the pilot and decided to check it out.

The Event is similar to Lost in that the more questions answered more appear. Its like cutting the head off a Hydra. Sure you can cut one off... but 2 just replace it. Tricky buisness.

The Event is about... uh... After his Girlfriend disapears Sean Walker stumbles onto one of the biggest conspiracies ever. Think 2012 Alien Colonization...(any X-File fans?) You know its better to just actually look it up on Wikipedia or something.

The Pilot was a bit of a mess. It was... sort of annoying trying to follow what was happening. The Pilot starts off with a recording of some event and the video is distorted and all messed up. It then shows Sean Walker(played by Jason Ritter) boarding a plane looking paranoid and upset about something.

From there it sorta jumps back in time. Anywhere from 7 days prioer to the present to like 11 months before. One minute you can be in a meeting with President Martinez, the next you can be seeing Sean Walker with his Girlfriend on a Cruise with everything happy and perfect. Ok well its not an exact example.

All the while in the Present you slowly learn why Sean is all upset and terrified on the plane.

If you have seen Lost think of the Lost flashbacks, only with several different characters having flashbacks within that episode. As in most cases the flashbacks usually focus on 1 character in particular.

Ok its a bit confusing for me to try and explain it properly.

All I can say is that I hope that the rest of the series isn't in this format. It was really irritating jumping all over the place with hardly anything explained to us. Where the hell is "As you know..." trope thing.(I forget the name of the trope itself, but the idea is that a character explains to another character who already knows all the info but the one character feels like explaining it anyways so the viewer gets to learn)

So I hope that in the next episode its less jumpy and is more linear.

But I will stick with it for now because of Jason Ritter. He was great in Joan of Arcadia as Kevin Girardi, Joan's older brother, and yeah.

That and its an interesting concept it really is. Even if I am only sorta clued in on it.

... OK I am just rambling

The acting is great and you sorta get sucked right into the scene. I guess this, atleast for me, is why the whole jumping around sorta pissed me off. The second I get to comfortable with a time period they yank me and put me in some top secret Alaskan Prison...

So...

I will recommend it. But... just be warned it's not linear. Oh hell just watch the pilot to see what I am failing to describe. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum