Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you admire most as a proponent of your religion/ nonreligion/ fundamental beliefs?

3 posters

Go down

Who do you admire most as a proponent of your religion/ nonreligion/ fundamental beliefs? Empty Who do you admire most as a proponent of your religion/ nonreligion/ fundamental beliefs?

Post by PiperC! Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:11 pm

And who are you most ashamed of?
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Who do you admire most as a proponent of your religion/ nonreligion/ fundamental beliefs? Empty Re: Who do you admire most as a proponent of your religion/ nonreligion/ fundamental beliefs?

Post by Rex Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Hmm I guess the only well known religious figure I respect would be the 14th Dalai Lama. Yes I know it's cliche but the man rocks and I have been respecting him even more after I talked with few people who have met him personally
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Who do you admire most as a proponent of your religion/ nonreligion/ fundamental beliefs? Empty Re: Who do you admire most as a proponent of your religion/ nonreligion/ fundamental beliefs?

Post by PiperC! Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:33 pm

Rex wrote:Hmm I guess the only well known religious figure I respect would be the 14th Dalai Lama. Yes I know it's cliche but the man rocks and I have been respecting him even more after I talked with few people who have met him personally

My stepmother would kill you for that. We have found that it is best to just nod and change the subject when she talks about that. haha

Nah, we make fun of her for it. lol

She is Han Chinese.

What do you admire most about him?
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by brown eyes sp Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 am

This has nothing to do with religion, really, since I do not belong to one, but an atheist I admire sheerly for his writings and ideas is Richard Dawkins. I tend to see the ability to write about science in a way that follows a logical path and keeps up with current research while still enthralling the reader as a valuable skill because I am both a scientist and a writer.

As far as religious figures go, I have a lot of respect for Father George V. Coyne of the Catholic Church. He is a Vatican astronomer, and I respect him because he understands the ridiculousness of trying to approach the Bible either literally or from a fundamentalist standpoint in the modern age.
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum