Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Cat: Part 6. *NEW*

2 posters

Go down

The Black Cat: Part 6. *NEW* Empty The Black Cat: Part 6. *NEW*

Post by Unit7 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Well I finally decided to just write the final chapter of The Black Cat. But guess what happened? It sorta grew larger then I intended. In fact the whole ending as I now see it is drastically different then what I had envisioned from the start. Well sorta. One big scene is definitly still in there. But yeah definitly different then how I had planned it. er as far as I plan things go anyway. Though it does sorta resolve an issue I had.

The Black Cat: Part 6

Artemis left Garlin the Obliterator far behind her now, along with another piece of herself she had not expected. Still she pressed on towards the basement section of the small fortress. Slipping through the shadows, she watched the guards run past in frenzy, they were under attack and they didn’t have a clue by who or what.

The basement was guarded by a single man, his drawn sword shaking uncontrollably. An easy mark, she thought. She walked out of the alcove she was hiding in and walked up to the man, who now was slowly stepping away at the site of the blood dripping casually from her blades. She smiled sweetly.

“May I pass?” Artemis whispered in a low seductive voice. The man’s shaking sword dipped low. Her eyes darted from the weapon to the guards face and blinked twice. Would they really have left a boy who couldn’t even shave, to guard the entrance to her target? Realizing something was off, she quickly dropped the façade. She sprinted forwards and with a quick swipe of her long daggers disarmed the man. She was watching, wasn’t she? She slammed the hilt of the daggers against the boy’s helmet sending a resounding clang throughout the small narrow corridor. As expected the boy slumped to the ground. Wasting to time, Artemis entered into the basement’s complex.

The basement was cold and unwelcoming. The torches lining the walls casted shadows of ominous creatures of the night across the walls. She ignored the figures and moved onward, she had to find the target and get the hell out. She didn’t want to face her… not now. Maybe though, Artemis wondered inside was that perhaps her quickened step was in hopes of wanting to meet her again? She shook the thought away.

She found the basement mostly unprotected, perhaps they put too much stock into the Black Cat? The tunnels of the basement system twisted and turned. It was a virtual maze with no apparent design in mind. At long last she came across a wooden door. Two torches burned brightly on either side. Almost invitingly so.

Inhaling deeply, she pushed through the doors. The room was well lit. Paintings of massive monsters and gallant heroes armored in white armor lined the walls. A banner of a giant mountain with a pick ax within the mountain’s outline shone brightly. The image reminded Artemis of a distant memory. A memory predating her rise as an assassin. So few memories of those times seemed to remain now. She had spent years transforming herself, changing herself, denying herself, all those memories for her new path in life.

But her target was sitting comfortably on the floor on large pillows. His legs crossed as his eyes studied Artemis, his killer. How old was he? Surely he couldn’t be older then… She reached into one of her pouches and found the scroll detailing the target. But the sketch was no longer the same as it was a few days ago. Magic? The sketch showed a young man, old enough to join the Empire’s army at the very least. But now the sketch was a boy of about eleven.

“A deal is a deal.” Artemis whispered. She looked up to the target, who was still studying her. He hadn’t moved a muscle, hadn’t even blinked as far as she could tell. She slowly walked forward drawing one of her daggers. It will be quick and clean she promised. She was inches from the target. Inches from a small fortune waiting for her back in Therensfield. Therensfield… She shook her head of another image, another memory of an Artemis that was now dead. Dead.

She raised her dagger, her knuckles turning white, and with one swift movement she sent the blades edge towards the boy’s exposed throat. Time was meaningless. Time was, at that moment, vanished. She watched as her blade inched towards its target. A side of herself protesting, another side licking its lips for the blood to flow. Then everything sped up and the dagger traced a line across the boy’s throat. The boy shimmered and then the image vanished. She blinked.

“You would have actually gone through with it…” A voice whispered behind her. Artemis straightened up, her dagger almost falling from her grasp.

“A deal is a deal.” Artemis replied, closing her eyes slowly. She turned to face the Black Cat. She was standing tall, straight and proud. Her auburn hair pulled back into a tight bun. The skin of a black cat hung across her shoulder. She smiled at it, how long had it been? Her beautiful face, for it could only be considered as such, was now twisted by sorrow. Her always bright eyes were now dull.

“How did you survive?” Artemis said. It was the question that hung over her head the past couple days. She had been there, had seen her fall in battle. She was dead! She had to have been… right? She shook her head. The Black Cat chuckled. “Whats so funny?”

“That face, the way you shake your head… it hasn’t changed.” She said, a small smile twitched at her lips. “How did I survive? A good question. I wanted to tell you, wanted to come to you and tell you the story but… I learned of what you had become. I had hoped and prayed that you would prove me wrong tonight. But the blood on your blades shows me otherwise.” The Black Cat brushed a single tear from her cheek and ran towards Artemis, her sword and dagger drawn. “Tonight you will die!”

Artemis watched her running towards her. Watched as the finely crafted blades sought out her life. She accepted the words against her. That small piece she left behind in the corridor where Garlin the Obliterator, was her cold heart. She smiled at her… at Rose. Perhaps she is right. One last time then. Her long daggers seemed to materialize in her hands. She parried the first attack easily and she joined into a dance she thought impossible to join. The dance of fighting between Teacher and Student.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

The Black Cat: Part 6. *NEW* Empty Re: The Black Cat: Part 6. *NEW*

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Dun dun dun!!

Good stuff.

So I take it this is not the final chapter?
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Nope not quite. Though the next should finish The Black Cat.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 pm

That's what you've said every time you post more. This'll end up being extremely long... xD
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 pm

True, can't really deny it.

But I have enjoy telling her story and can't help it if new ideas come to me and new paths to explore. For me I usually only have a rough idea of the end when I start writing. The rest just sort of... fills in as I go. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum