Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Fade To Black.

2 posters

Go down

Bleach: Fade To Black. Empty Bleach: Fade To Black.

Post by Unit7 Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:30 pm

You know I have really enjoyed the past 2 Bleach movies(Memories of Nobody and Diamond Dust Rebellion) and just finished watching Fade to Black.

The movie takes place between... actually does anyone know when any of the movies take place? I mean it has to be after the Soul Society Arc, but it couldn't possibly be before they go to Hueco Mundo... oh I suppose its the same with the filler episodes. They just sort of happens between stuff.

The premise of the movie is that some mysterious strangers attack the Soul Society and 'strange spirite particles' start covering everything and encasing anyone unfortunate to get covered into so they basicly are frozen in the stuff. Meanwhile the mysterious strangers find Rukia and erase all of her memories of ever being a Shinigami, which leads everyone else to forget about her as memories are all link and bond us together. Well thats what Urahara(cool guy in the hat.) explained it as. Ichigo forgets about Rukia for a bit until he sleeps and remembers. Kon, for whatever reason didn't forget about her at all.

So Ichigo and Kon travel to the Soul Society to find Rukia only to discover no one remembers Ichigo aswell. Basicly its as if Rukia and Ichigo had never existed.

The plot of the movie was pretty good and was more then 'I want revenge!!' or 'I want power!' The story reveals a tragic event in Rukia's life before she was ever a shinigami.

What i like most about it is that Urahara gets some fighting time. Very rarely do we ever see him fight and when we do its brief. To brief. It was also fun to tell the Captain Cammander dude that he has always known how to get around his exile from the Soul Society. Though I think this was a rather weak excuse. But whatever.

Zaraki... well do I really need to say more? He gets a brief moment within the movie and he is at his finest.

Another thing I loved about the movie was that they kept flashing back towards the first episode. Primarily the moment where Ichigo first gets his shinigami powers. They also had brief glimpses of other episodes and so this movie felt far more connected to the series then the other 2 movies. But what I liked about this particular scene being used is that its a strong memory of Rukia for Ichigo and a moment that really drove him during his Rescue of her in the series. Hmm did I explain that properly? Well I thought it was blended into the movie perfectly.

The ending.
Spoiler:

Oh another thing I liked about the movie. Orihime, Chad, and Quincy Boy are nowhere to be seen in the entire movie. Well Chad I wouldn't mind to much. But I really don't like the others to much. Don't like Kon to much either. He sorta gets on my nerves after awhile. However his role in the movie is the way I prefer him. Not to over the top. Because I got to admit, when I first realized he was going with Ichigo I sorta cringed.

Overall I really enjoyed Fade to Black. Smile

Can't wait until I can watch Bleach: Hell Chapter.

Hell...

You know since the episode we saw the first, and only, person to go to Hell, I am really curious about what its like in the Bleach universe. It had a really cool gate too! So I am looking forward to the exploration of Hell.

Hmm can't wait. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Bleach: Fade To Black. Empty Re: Bleach: Fade To Black.

Post by Rex Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:11 am

I kinda loved it as well. It both had the sad thing going for it, good fights and some really cool moments like Kenpachi and seeing that mayuri had a spare brain. That was hilarious

I can't wait to see hell as well. Let's hope they make up something interesting
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Rex wrote:I kinda loved it as well. It both had the sad thing going for it, good fights and some really cool moments like Kenpachi and seeing that mayuri had a spare brain. That was hilarious

I can't wait to see hell as well. Let's hope they make up something interesting

That spare brain was just hillarious and yet not so surprising.

EDIT:

As for the new movie I hope they bring back the one person we know has gone to hell. The Hollow who would hunt down the boy in the birdcage. If only as some sort of cameo.

I also forgot to ask. What did you think of the other movies?
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:26 pm

So the last movie is out. All we need to do is wait till someone translates it. Although judging by how long it took for One Piece which is way more popular I doubt it would be soon

As for the other movies they were all surprisingly fun. It's like watching a mini arc without the massive amount of filler.

It would be nice if they were to do a Bleach Kai thing
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:53 am

[quote="Rex"]So the last movie is out. All we need to do is wait till someone translates it. Although judging by how long it took for One Piece which is way more popular I doubt it would be soon [quote]

I read on one site that it depends on when the DVD comes out or something. But I just wish it was soon.

As for the other movies they were all surprisingly fun. It's like watching a mini arc without the massive amount of filler.

For the most part I enjoyed the filler arcs. The only problem is that some of them seemed to be placed in a rather awkwardly. It gives no real timeline as to where it all fits in. No set up saying some flashback or what not. Also while some of them were pretty good they were just long for the sake of being long and so the filler is full of filler. lol

It would be nice if they were to do a Bleach Kai thing

That would be awesome. It would be great to watch Bleach without all the filler. I wouldn't mind seeing Kon having alot less screen time. He was cool for awhile but there is only so many times you can see a stuffed teddy bear try and grab a quick grope of big boobed anime chicks. Don't get me started on Ichigo's classmates. Whatshisface got really annoying. So it would be nice if they cut some of that crap out too.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:48 am

Absolutely. By the way did you keep watching Bleach? I I am like 20-30 episodes and I just can't seem to find the time(and desire) to go through them. Does something good happen which will bring back my excitment for the series?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Rex wrote:Absolutely. By the way did you keep watching Bleach? I I am like 20-30 episodes and I just can't seem to find the time(and desire) to go through them. Does something good happen which will bring back my excitment for the series?

I watched Bleach up until Ichigo and Aizen's final fight. But then I decided to find my place in the manga to see what's happening afterwards. Waiting a week to see each episode or so is really annoying.

If you haven't I would recommend watching the final fight. I thought it was pretty good. Though considering the buildup I wish for once they decided to you know drag it out a bit. But it was interesting to see Ichigo's mood during the fight. It was almost as if he was bored with the whole thing.

But after that I stopped watching, mostly just to let the episodes build up. Though as far as the Manga I also let it start to pile up. It sorta felt like the series should have just ended with Aizen. Though we finally get some explination as to the origins of Chad's powers. Which are fairly badass, especially with that one punch that like creates a skull. lol

So if you have seen/read the Aizan fight then so far I haven't seen or read anything that really brought back my interest in the show. But I am still unsure as to what the new main story arc is all about.

Sorry if this isn't exactly helpful. Not exactly sure where you stopped reading the Manga or exactly where you left off with the anime.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum