Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

2 posters

Go down

The Walking Dead Empty The Walking Dead

Post by Unit7 Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks to Rex I was finally able to see the premier of The Walking Dead. A new TV series on AMC about a Deputy Sheriff waking up to a world over run by Zombies. The series is to premier on Halloween if I remember correctly.

When I woke up this... uh afternoon and saw Rex's post I knew I couldn't wait. But if I had waited it would have been more then worth it. The series opens up with a great scene that shows the harsh realities of this new world as the Sheriff guy(wait, what was his name? I don't really remember it being said) is seen driving down a country road and pulls over near a car that appears to be broken down. He moves past it and it slowly reveals that there are other cars in worse shape. He moves through them until he comes to a sign that says "No Gas" Its then he hears a the shuffling of feet...

You know seeing that kid like that sorta reminds me of the scene in my story Becoming Dead. The age was about right, maybe a bit older then Boo, and the hair was a bit longer.

It was a great start to what will probably end up being a great series. I love the use of sounds in the series. They are distant and far away sometimes but you can hear them. When I heard the flies, saw them buzzing about a dead body, I was creeped out. Was all to easy to picture myself stumbling on a car with the driver dead.

The dialogue, the acting, the zombies, are all great. I was also really sad to see the Horse die. But the ending where that teen(sounded like a teen) on the radio was like 'Hey you, the dumbass in the tank' was great. Also when he was about to kill himself under the tank he looks up and is like 'Oh hey! would you look at that!' and gets up.

But once inside the tank I was impressed that they actually made the sound of the gunshot effect him like that. It's a scene that if it were probably in any other movie that it would be ignored.

This looks like it will end up being a great series.

Also poor Deputy Sheriff Guy. Can't say I am surprised. Once I realized the dude at that small camp was his former Partner and saw the kid in the background I quickly realized what was up.

Sucks that I might have to wait forever for the next episode... Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Rex Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 am

No problemo.

My expectations were more then exceeded. Great acting, great writing. Pretty much everything is great

The opening scene was very well made. Especially the traces of humanity left like when the little girl picks up her bunny

I also like the other little touches about the zombies. Like the fact that they don't all just aimlessly wander but some of them just well kinda sleep or something. Almost like a biological landmine since the way stay still you can never know where one might pop up

Speaking of traces of humanity I also liked the scene where the zombie wife tried to open the door. And the way she has that almost human like expression all the time....you can really understand his dilemma about killing. It can't be easy choice. The scene where he was trying to get the courage to kill her was especially impressive. Very emotional

I also enjoyed the tank shoot scene. They so rarely show the actual effects of doing something as stupid as firing a gun in such a small space

You know after watching this I have a hard time understanding why this wasn't done earlier. We have I don't know how many vampire,lawyer,doctor show why on earth hasn't anyone tried to do this earlier?

However I must say that the zombie factor definitely has an effect. The " no that's not how you should do it " factor that I have developed with years of watching zombie movies and discussing zombie on the internet wakes up my inner zombie survival geek at times Razz
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum