Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramona and Beezus!

3 posters

Go down

Ramona and Beezus! Empty Ramona and Beezus!

Post by melissa052 Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:14 am

I'm sure everyone here has read the books at one point or another in their lives... And if not, get the heck off here and read them already! It's an amazing series, along with about every other book by Beverly Cleary! Her books are ones that never ever get old...

With that said, you should also see the movie, it's amazing! This movie is thoroughly entertaining from beginning to end each time I've seen it (about 4 times). I cried for a large portion of it, because it was so full of emotion! Joey King is the PERFECT Ramona, and Selena Gomez is excellent as Beezus! The rest of the cast is pretty awesome as well! So is the writing and directing! Definitely gets a 10/10 from me! (Of course I'm a bit biased when grading for many reasons...)
I especially love how the relationship between Ramona and Beezus mirrors my own relationship with Nicole almost perfectly when we were younger. Except in my case, Nicole was a thousand times worse than Ramona...

Keep in mind this review is strictly for the movie, it's been a while since I read the books so I wouldn't feel comfortable comparing the book to the movie... Which is good because it makes me enjoy the movie that much more! Razz I'm not sure which book the movie is based off of, but considering Ramona's in 3rd grade, I'm guessing Ramona Forever.

Spoiler:

Here's the trailer...

And here's just a random interview with Joey King... I pretty much fell in love with the kid when I first saw it! I love how she's overflowing with energy! I hope if I ever have a daughter, she ends up being just like Joey! Razz
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Ramona and Beezus! Empty Re: Ramona and Beezus!

Post by Rex Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 pm

The trailer seems a bit mediocre but you usually have a good taste in movies so I will check it out.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Rex wrote:The trailer seems a bit mediocre but you usually have a good taste in movies so I will check it out.

Keep in mind it is a kids movie! As was the books, written for kids as young as 1st-3rd grades...

And like I said, I'm biased for different reasons when it comes to 'grading' the movie... Because I LOVED the books as a kid, Selena Gomez is in it (I love everything she's in... She's definitely the only person out of Disney with an actual talent when it comes to acting!), and, for me, the movie is nostalgia in it's truest form... Plus it's coming of age! Love those types...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Do you by any chance know when this movie is going to come out On Demand?
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Uh, no... I don't really pay much attention to On Demand... But my sister was on there last night and I think I heard them talking about the movie but wasn't in the room the entire time so it's hard telling...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum