Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not often that I am left astounded by the pure genius....

Go down

It's not often that I am left astounded by the pure genius.... Empty It's not often that I am left astounded by the pure genius....

Post by Rex Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:15 pm

(yeah I know this is the wrong forum but I thought we could keep it here for a day or two cause the media forum is so very lonely)

but with the show Misfits this has definitely been the case. I keep expecting it to start sucking one of these days but even thought we are already in the middle of the second season the show is absolutely brilliant and keeps getting better and better. The acting is superb, each of our heroes has a strong and interesting personality which somehow manages to dodge the usual stereotypes but what shines the most is the pure genius of the writing.

You can literally see the characters growing before your eyes in a completely natural and sometimes even unpredictable ways while still staying true to who they are. And the various story lines are handled better then in every other show I have ever seen. Despite the fact that the show is centered around the powers they come only second to the strength of the characters. Hell most of the characters don't even use their powers. And the usual cliche story lines like for example finding family you never knew about, something which you can't imagine being resolved in any satisfying ways in anything less then a couple of episodes can be handled brilliantly in just 40 minutes and with a truly great emotional impact.

And the best part if the perfect combination of humor and drama and the way the usual superpowers are presented in an interesting and original way. Truly superb!

Honestly I truly and highly recommended this show to everybody:

Spoiler: