Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers please

+7
joselin4life
Unit7
scifidawn
Malletmusic17
secret_life93
x_mia_x
secret_life8
11 posters

Go down

Prayers please Empty Prayers please

Post by secret_life8 Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey everyone. I just really need you guys to pray for my sister's friend, Anne. Thursday was her 19th birthday and she went out to party on Friday. She likes to drink since she is new in college and stuff. Well, Friday night she was admitted into the hospital for the night. The normal blood alcohol level to be drunk is about .8. Her blood alcohol level was at 3.5. She was unresponsive and if they had not taken her to the hospital she would be dead. She was so out of it. The only reason they took her was because her body was in shock and not moving. She is going to tone her partying way, way down and I ask that you might pray for her as she does that. She is a little shaken up right now in knowing that she almost died. Thanks for your prayers.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Prayers please Empty Re: Prayers please

Post by x_mia_x Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:56 pm

She will be in my prayers Michelle. Thank God she is still alive.
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life93 Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 pm

She will be in my thoughts and prayers Michelle.
secret_life93
secret_life93

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 pm

praying!!
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Michelle, I am so sorry. I will pray. I hope she moderates her alcohol, or even better stops. She is too young to ruin her live. I will go pray for her right now.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:18 pm

You got your numbers mixed up. Because there is no way in hell your legal limit is .8. Getting to 3.5 is damn near impossible... well you can technically get a 5.0+ but that requires a enema and some alcohol...(but thats because the alcohol isn't broken down and goes straight for the blood stream) But anything above a .4 is pretty much death. 3.5 would have killed her.

Anyways I hope she gets better. Also she might want to invest in a friend who doesn't drink all that much. Not only does it easily provide a way home. Because... well your friends alcohol level was like 4 times the legal limit. Assuming of course I got the right numbers(.35 and .08 legally drunk)
Would also help prevent her from going over her limit.

Sober friends save lives. Smile

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:50 am

Unit7 wrote:You got your numbers mixed up. Because there is no way in hell your legal limit is .8. Getting to 3.5 is damn near impossible... well you can technically get a 5.0+ but that requires a enema and some alcohol...(but thats because the alcohol isn't broken down and goes straight for the blood stream) But anything above a .4 is pretty much death. 3.5 would have killed her.

Anyways I hope she gets better. Also she might want to invest in a friend who doesn't drink all that much. Not only does it easily provide a way home. Because... well your friends alcohol level was like 4 times the legal limit. Assuming of course I got the right numbers(.35 and .08 legally drunk)

My sister had talked to her and she said it was 3.5. Her friend was not moving and for the most part dead. If they had waited any longer than they did she would be dead. I might have been wrong on the legal level but I know that she had 3.5 as her level.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:08 am

secret_life8 wrote:
Unit7 wrote:You got your numbers mixed up. Because there is no way in hell your legal limit is .8. Getting to 3.5 is damn near impossible... well you can technically get a 5.0+ but that requires a enema and some alcohol...(but thats because the alcohol isn't broken down and goes straight for the blood stream) But anything above a .4 is pretty much death. 3.5 would have killed her.

My sister had talked to her and she said it was 3.5. Her friend was not moving and for the most part dead. If they had waited any longer than they did she would be dead. I might have been wrong on the legal level but I know that she had 3.5 as her level.

The highest alcohol level on record, aside from a 5.0 because of an enema, is like .74. 3.5 is almost 10 times over the point where death and coma can happen. If she did infact have 3.5, then I would say her Liver need replacing. The Liver is responsible for breaking up 90% of alcohol. Only way to really get that high would be to get the alcohol directly into her blood stream and fast. Which would mean that her Liver isn't doing its job. .35 is actually about the time where people can experience blackouts and such.

But at 3.5, she would have been dead hands down.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:47 am

Michelle. She is definitely in my prayers
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 pm

I hope she is able to make a full recovery and hasn't caused any lasting damage.

And there's no freakin' way she had a blood alcohol level of 3.5, she would have died before getting up that high- the record is like 1.5. You have the decimal point in the wrong place, legally drunk is .08- about 2 drinks(1 drink containing about .5 oz of alcohol). In order to get the level up to .8 a person would have to have well over 10 drinks depending on gender and body weight. So I'm assuming her blood alcohol level was .35, which is enough to kill someone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alcohol_content

Edit: Oops, Unit already had this covered. I probably should read the rest of a thread before responding. study
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:47 pm

secret_life8 wrote:Hey everyone. I just really need you guys to pray for my sister's friend, Anne. Thursday was her 19th birthday and she went out to party on Friday. She likes to drink since she is new in college and stuff. Well, Friday night she was admitted into the hospital for the night. The normal blood alcohol level to be drunk is about .8. Her blood alcohol level was at 3.5. She was unresponsive and if they had not taken her to the hospital she would be dead. She was so out of it. The only reason they took her was because her body was in shock and not moving. She is going to tone her partying way, way down and I ask that you might pray for her as she does that. She is a little shaken up right now in knowing that she almost died. Thanks for your prayers.

Yeah I agree with the others. I think you got the numbers wrong or your friend is a superhuman. But anyway here is what you should tell her

First off before she goes for a serious night out she should always eat something. At least a sandwich. She should eat during drinking as well even if it's only beer nuts and so on. Never drink on an empty belly. Secondly with alcohol the big problem is dehydration. She should try drinking a cup of water for every two alcoholic drinks she well drinks. Third movement is important. Standing around and drinking is not very healthy. She should dance as much as she can at the parties. Fourth alcohol has A LOT of calories. I mean a lot. She should be careful and exercise regularly otherwise in combination with the college lifestyle she can get quite fat. Fifth or whatever. She should try spending a few weeks without any alcohol. This is important because alcoholism can be a VERY serious thing and a lot of people may not realize they have it. This can be helpful to show what relationship she has with alcohol

Now what you as her friend need to know. Depending on how smart your friend is you may have to make sure that she has a wingman around here or she will up naked a lot if you get what I mean. She may even get roofied. Point is watch her back

And this is VERY important when your friend passes out you MUST lay her on the side and monitor her all the time. Too many rockstars have drowned in their own vomit and it's quite dangerous for us regular folks as well

Also a not very well known fact. Aspirin slows the rate with which your body is metabolizing alcohol. So take it only after the hangover hits you otherwise you will just be prolonging everything
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:19 am

How is Anne doing?
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Just to add to the info by others here, because she's under 21, her legal limit is only .02, not .08! Surprised

Anyway, I'll be praying for her. Smile
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:28 pm

The legal limit for a person over 21 is .08. There is no humanly possible way for a person to have an alcohol level of 3.5. She would be dead. I am assuming as well as the others that her level was 0.35. That would seem more likely if her body was in shock. The highest level I have seen for a person is 0.27. Anyway, I hope that she gets better and realizes that she is young and drinking is not the answer. This is why people need to be responsible when they drink and know when to stop when they have had too much.
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:30 pm

You all must be right and it was .35. I am going to talk to my sister tonight so i will give you an update about her later. But thanks so much for your prayers.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Here is a quick update on Anne. She has drastically decreased her party and has vowed to not drink the type of drinks she drank on that night. She is still worried about everything though.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:51 pm

What does she mean by "that type of drinks"? Any alcohol whatsoever? Hard liquor? O_o
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:51 pm

secret_life8 wrote:You all must be right and it was .35. I am going to talk to my sister tonight so i will give you an update about her later. But thanks so much for your prayers.

Thank you. Please let us know. Oh Michelle, I would not have known about alcohol limits either.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:What does she mean by "that type of drinks"? Any alcohol whatsoever? Hard liquor? O_o

well apparently that night she drank stuff that she normally never tried and it was hard liquor. So she hasn't had those type of drinks again because they were too much and her body was not able to handle it.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down