Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the Religious People on here

4 posters

Go down

To the Religious People on here Empty To the Religious People on here

Post by scifidawn Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:47 am

• Sometimes one gets inspiration even from the most mundane and irritating things. (I am having a nightmare trying to downsize.) I STILL have bins around, lining the hall etc.
• As I walked down the hall, I suddenly had an understanding.
• The bins are sin, blocking our way to a direct path to God. Remove the sin and the "hallway" is easy to travel. I am happy for this negative thing because a positive thought occurred as a result. God bless you all.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

To the Religious People on here Empty Re: To the Religious People on here

Post by secret_life8 Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:57 pm

That is a wonderful analogy, Dawn. I never really thought about it like that. Sins do block your path to Christ. One thing, however, is that the bins are hard to move by yourself. You need Christ to help you along the way. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful inspiration. May God bless and keep you.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:05 pm

secret_life8 wrote:That is a wonderful analogy, Dawn. I never really thought about it like that. Sins do block your path to Christ. One thing, however, is that the bins are hard to move by yourself. You need Christ to help you along the way. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful inspiration. May God bless and keep you.

I was not thinking of it; it just came to me the way things do sometimes. (I think in analogies often.) And, I like your statement about bins being hard to move yourself, and that we need Christ to help. I suppose we need to get rid of the "bins" but we must be willing to allow the help and not reject it.

Michelle. I have an idea. Why don't we share our sudden understandings and thoughts here when we think of them.

Last edited by scifidawn on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Oooo I like that! thanks Dawn(:
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 pm

that is actually wonderful. Because we all need to witness to our fellow believers and help them get to heaven.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Okay then. Here is where we can write our inspirations. Stephh please join in too. I like it when God gives inspirations like that. And often they happen in weird situations, like this negative one of the bins. ARGH. I cannot wait till I get them out, just like I want sin to stop my progress.

Blessings to you two and any of you others. Any God inspired ideas or help?
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:29 pm

just a random note of inspiratation i experienced today. I have a feeling that God wants me to create a retreat based on hungering for his love and presence in the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar. Anyway, today i was reading Scripture and I thought of all of the hungry in the world. I thought of how diseases such as cancer, depression, chrons, eating disorders, the flu, leukemia, etc. all supress your appetite. And then it hit me. Maybe we are just called to endure something like that so that we might learn the hunger we need to have for Christ. We need to crave him like a pregnant woman craves food. We need to learn to live our lives with the constant presence of God. May God Bless and Keep You Smile
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:08 am

This was wonderful to wake up to Michelle. A retreat on that theme is a splendid idea.

People too often hunger for things, money, sex, power... and are missing the best of all – the deep, loving relationship with God that we were made for. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is very efficacious.

Many just miss the joy of this since they cannot "see" Him with their eyes or "hear" him with their ears. Suffering and hardship DO make us stronger and bring us closer to Him.

And, practicing the presence of God, is healthful for the soul. As one goes closer, the sensation (poor and mild analogy here) is rather like being in a room with a purring cat. You may not directly be talking to the cat, petting the cat, or feeding the cat, but there is that nice sense of the living animal in the room. You are with the cat and it is comforting in just that.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:09 am

Malletmusic17 wrote:Oooo I like that! thanks Dawn(:

No, don't thank me, thank God. Smile
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Another inspiration came today, this time during Adoration.

I was praying "I want" to have my mind stop spinning and getting distracted during prayer", "I want to be more generous.", "I want to be a better person." Notice anything? I WANT was stated so much.

I was doing a typical thing, "I want, I want." No, I was not asking for earthly things like money or a better job, etc. but for spiritual things, but still, it was about me. It suddenly occurred to me, that a more efficacious way of prayer would be to say "Thank you God for all things and please make me to be the person YOU want" instead of all those I WANTS."

He gave me a good lesson this day.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:05 am

I think you people are missing the whole point of religion. Especially Abrahaimic religion. From start to finish this has always been about religion. God is teh father figure. He started out as a father proud of his children who wants to protect them from everything. And because of this he keeps them in his garden. The protective bubble. A place where they will never change,never learn, never be themselves. Only be their fathers children

When they gain knowledge aka become adults we get the very common situation of a parent not being able to deal with a child growing on his own and becoming a seperate person. A different person who is trying to find themselves. Then we get the falling out. God cutting off ties with humanity

And then we have the reconciliation in Jesus. We see God regretting his action. He symbolically turn himself into one of his children to show that he has let go of his foolish pride. That he is missing his children and is humbling himself to the point where he is acknowledging their choice and accepting it.

And in return humanity now respects their god as a wise father instead of a overprotective prideful father

That's the whole dynamic really. Everything else is details but this the overall picture, the one you see between the lines. A family relationship that changes and grows from an unhealthy one sided one to a one of mutual respect

So don't waste all the progress God made. So don't go back to being dependent children. Be proud adults who make their own way in life and yet respect the father
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:19 am

Never mind. I will post this in a pray for thread. This was the wrong place.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum