Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad case of Deja Vu.

2 posters

Go down

Bad case of Deja Vu. Empty Bad case of Deja Vu.

Post by Unit7 Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Started watching John Doe recently and there is a scene where I could have sworn I have seen before. Not just 'Oh its similar in the fact that the person being questioned is actually innocent and she is upset' in more of I have actually SEEN it. But it isn't the first time such a scene has triggered a sense of Deja Vu and its like a big itchy thing at the back of my mind that bugs the hell out of me.

Also. Rex when will I hear that long rant on Skins?

Which reminds me, tomorrow is doomsday. US Skins premiers on Monday.

This should be interesting to see.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Bad case of Deja Vu. Empty Re: Bad case of Deja Vu.

Post by Rex Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:43 am

Haha it's coming. I am waiting to see the US skins so I can combined the rants Smile

I've been meaning to watch John Doe. How is it?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 am

Rex wrote:Haha it's coming. I am waiting to see the US skins so I can combined the rants Smile

I've been meaning to watch John Doe. How is it?

Oh I see. Makes sense. You know a part of me is hoping that I was just mistaken and jumped the gun on the US remake. But then something tells me we were probably correct. Oh well soon we will know.

Its actually pretty good. Though it has a very eerily similar concept to Kyle XY. Well not really. It starts off with a guy, naked, waking up on some island. Doen't know where he is. When he reaches shore he doesn't know who he is, where he came from, and he is completely colorblind and only sees in black and white.

He also has knows just about anything there is to know about anything. Unlike in Kyle XY he can talk and already knows everything. So while trying to figure out who the hell he is he sometimes teams up with detectives and solvs crimes.

Oh and Gabrielle Anwar appears in a couple episodes which is really cool. Oh and speaking of Kyle XY the chick who played Andy makes a brief, and I brief, appearance in another episode. Thought it was cool how I noticed her. She has like no lines.

But yeah. There is alot of humor and mystery and a great cast. and yeah well I suggest giving the show a chance.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Ok so I downloaded US Skins although it would take me a while to see it since a lot of shows are out today(well yesterday in the USA0. But frankly I am so prejudiced against it that it must be something insanely good for me to like it. I can't stand even the promo materials. I mean just look at this

Bad case of Deja Vu. 303fb1de542b967116d2d3242a67b156946c5d63skinsCommunity

and compare it to this

Bad case of Deja Vu. Skins_s02
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Rex wrote:Ok so I downloaded US Skins although it would take me a while to see it since a lot of shows are out today(well yesterday in the USA0. But frankly I am so prejudiced against it that it must be something insanely good for me to like it. I can't stand even the promo materials. I mean just look at this

Bad case of Deja Vu. 303fb1de542b967116d2d3242a67b156946c5d63skinsCommunity

and compare it to this

Bad case of Deja Vu. Skins_s02

They can't even get the promo materials look good.

Well I saw the US premiere and... well I was wrong about one thing. Apparently they did keep the party very similar to the one in the original. Actually alot of it was very similar but it just felt off.

Oh you are going to just LOVE what they did with Cadie... er Cassie I mean. By this I mean... well you will find out I guess. If you don't pick up on it then you'll read it in my rant thats to come. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 am

Ok I am watching US Skins at the moment. I am about 20 minutes in and wow I hate it so much already

The first major mistake is that they are doing it very similar to the british version. Which is bad. Very bad. We can't help but compare them anyway but when it's so in your face it's even worse. Especially when the US cast is so incredibly inferior

Where to start

First the general things- Music sucks, no nudity? And they actually censored the cursing!?

Effy- Even though she was barely there in the British version she had presence. You know what I mean. One look was all you needed. Here she looks like your random party girl. Completely and utterly forgettable.

Tony- The great thing about Tony was that he really was charismatic. A completely bastard but an intelligent and charismatic one. Here he just looks like a random ass(and seriously what is with these spider sheets?)

Michelle. Well so far she got tits. That's about it

Sid- Fuck that guy. Seriously. Wow they managed to find an akward emo loser. Bravo MTV. But there is big difference between some girly loser and between the real Sid who is a true walking natural disaster.

Anwar- Meh

Lesbian Maxie- probably the least worst out of the lot. Mostly because it's harder to draw a direct comparison

Cadie! Cadie? Mother fucking Cadie!!!! $%#%%$% $%$%%%^. I can't stand what they did to Cassie. I feel like finding whoever is responsible for this travesty and asking them this simple question
Spoiler: