Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniper Ridge

2 posters

Go down

Juniper Ridge Empty Juniper Ridge

Post by PiperC! Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:11 pm

I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid.

Juniper Ridge's deep, dry valleys gleamed in the late summer sunset. The smell of the berries was all around, and the twinkle of the town in the distance shone only vaguely in that dimming light. A bird called as she appeared, serene and beautiful, body naked and bruised. Chestnut hair down to her hips, scars following.Skye Blossom Jones, queen of all that is right and well, in this fateful Juniper Ridge, stared down into the valley of her reign.

"Hey!" John called after her as she rounded the bend and made towards the desert. "Juni! Wait up,"
She had first heard the sound of his horse's hooves 20 minutes ago, she knew she was being followed.
"How do you know my name?" she asked.
"Umm, I just, well, my dad knows your dad," Johnny stampered.
"Oh" she said, "Then bye,"
"You're going out there by yourself, now?" He asked, alarmed. "It's going to be dark in half and hour tops. How far are you going?"
"However far my feet take me,"
"Juni," he scolded.
"Don't call me that."
"Oh sorry. Juniper, I really don't think you should go"
"Your dad's that J. C. Louis right, the attorney,"
"Yes, he is,"
"The one that owns the ranch a half a mile north from here,"
"Sure thing,"
"The one that is cracking up, telling of ghost cowboys, and gold hunting working girls roaming the town edges at night,"
"Juni, that's not fair,"
"Dont call me Juni! I don't know you. Goodbye," she turned to leave.
"Take my horse at least," he called after her, "Be the reckless Juni Skye that you always were, but do it on a horse," she eyed him fiercely at this appraisal of her character
"I don't even know you,"
"I won't have you go with out it," he swung his leg over the speckled, cream colored Arabian and led him to her.

I'm going to write about alien abduction!!! YAY!!!

Yeah, so, this is new territory for me. I'm a poet and have never really delved into prose, not for a long time anyways. If you have any tips please relate them. I've been meaning to write this story forever, but I keep putting it off.

P.S
The part at the begining is a segment from "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock".
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Juniper Ridge Empty Re: Juniper Ridge

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Did you really just tell us it would be about alien abduction? Way to ruin the surprise, dude. Razz

So far, it's pretty good. It's not drawing me in yet, but I look forward to reading more.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum