Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lava + Wooden House = Homeless Unit7

2 posters

Go down

Lava + Wooden House = Homeless Unit7 Empty Lava + Wooden House = Homeless Unit7

Post by Unit7 Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Long story short is this.

In Minecraft I decided to rebuild my house. Had a nice little design. It simple and nice. I had this lava pool in my basement mostly to burn up all sorts of crap I no longer needed/had to much of. In the process of rebuilding/adding onto my house I moved the lava pool. A bit later I decided to dig near the Lava pool. I placed a wooden block near it.

Which led me to this equation.

Lava + Wooden House = Homeless Unit7.

My house, aside from the oddly placed wooden block is entirely gone.

Third place I have ranted about this little house burning.

I think I am going to start a new world.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Lava + Wooden House = Homeless Unit7 Empty Re: Lava + Wooden House = Homeless Unit7

Post by Rex Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Man this minecraft is really going big around the internet. I really gotta try it one of these days....by the way what is it exactly. From what I understand it's some kind of a virtual simulator or something?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Lava + Wooden House = Homeless Unit7 Empty Re: Lava + Wooden House = Homeless Unit7

Post by Unit7 Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Rex wrote:Man this minecraft is really going big around the internet. I really gotta try it one of these days....by the way what is it exactly. From what I understand it's some kind of a virtual simulator or something?

Basicly its a game where you are pretty much limited to what you can imagine. It's about breaking up blocks and placing them to build whatever you want. You can craft items, gather resources, build houses, put lava in buckets.

Basicly you start off in a randomly generated world. No two worlds are the same. Its also supposed to go on for ever as in the map keeps generating as you go along. But I believe because of technical issues it can only go as far as 8 times the surface of the earth. If you have a legit copy or if you know what you are doing, you can also add texture mods to change the look of things.

People have also built custom maps(from everything is in floating, to a survival island type thing where you are limited in resources and space) and have done all sorts of things.

During the Night, unless you are on peaceful mode, monsters such as giant spiders, zombies, skeletons with bows, and creepers(they like to blow up shit including your house) will come out and attack you.

Also you can participate in Multiplayer servers. Where you and your friends can build whatever it is you want to build.

It's hard to explain really. You can youtube Lets Play Minecraft and it should popup an endless amount of videos where people play the game. If you get a good commentator its actually sort of fun to watch.

But alot of the game is focused on... well for me anyways, exploring caves digging up diamonds and other resources. But like I said you can build just about anything. Also possible to share world files withother people.

Oh and if you are lucky to run into a Mob Spawner in a dungeon and get a saddle from a chest... you can ride pigs. Very Happy

Also there is this Hell World called the Nether. Which actually looks pretty cool.

I got my version from here: http://cracked-minecraft.ru/
But because its pirated I am not entirely sure how to use texture packs and stuff. But incidentally, I actually like the look of the game. Also with a pirated copy I don't think its possible to get on multiplayer servers. Though I believe it is possible to create a server for pirated versions.

For this copy you just have to hit enter game so you don't need to signup or log in using a name. You can also force update which I believe allows you to update the game if you want to.(though not sure if this does it on its own)

Sorta hard for me to explain or maybe it isn't. I'd say give it a shot if its something that interests you.

The only downside really is that your spawn is fixed and you can't change it. So when you travel a few days away and if you die and lose your stuff chances are its gone. ALso apparently with a legit copy, or just maybe you just need to know how, you can get a ingame map which will help. But you can also download Minutor which is a basic maping program and shows you what your world actually looks like. So yeah getting lost in Minecraft is a bit too easy. lol Luckily I have enough redstone to make compasses(always points towards your spawn)

At first look Minecraft doesn't look like a great game. The graphics are very basic, but the gameplay is pretty much what you want it to be.

Though I suppose if you are only interested in the building aspect with nothing else, there is Minecraft Classic thats on the official website. Gives you unlimited blocks and a small to large map to build in.

Sorry if this sorta jumps all over the place. First big post of the day and I am still a bit tired. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum