Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Song of Ice and Fire

2 posters

Go down

A Song of Ice and Fire Empty A Song of Ice and Fire

Post by Unit7 Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:45 am

You know out of all the characters in these books I don't think I would have first pictured Tyrion being one of the good guys.

Now I suppose he lies and he schemes and he threatens to do many things. He is blunt and honest and speaks what's on his mind, even if it is against a King.

What I love about this character is many things. But one of them has to be his ability to show compassion and love towards a common whore. It also seems to be one of his downfalls.

Spoilers. No looky looky if you haven't read A Storm of Swords(and seriously, if you haven't read the books I say you should.)

Spoiler:

I have no idea why he even bothers with his family. If I were him, I'd take a bunch of gold with me and find me a quiet town with a brothel. Preferably with redheads.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire

Post by Rex Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:37 am

To say that Tyrion is great is an understatement. Seriously if Peter Dinklage doesn't get an Emmy for this there is something really wrong with the world

He just has that great combination of intelligence, sarcasm and cynism. And I don't know how to put but brave cowardice maybe? I mean you can see how worried he is sometime but at the same time he doesn't let it stop him from talking to them in this almost condescending way. He is just that great

And yeah I loved how he has compassion for bastards and cripples and all the others who missed the jackpot of life.

I can't wait to see how he will handle the upcoming storylines

Well to be fair you need sustainable income. If you simply get a lot of gold you also need a lot of soldiers to guard and so on and so on. Basically you need to have an entire keep. And for this he hs to be part of his fmaily
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Rex, have you read the Book series?

Peter Dinklage deserves any and all those awards. He has done a fantastic job as Tyrion and it really is great to see him on screen.

He just has that great combination of intelligence, sarcasm and cynism. And I don't know how to put but brave cowardice maybe? I mean you can see how worried he is sometime but at the same time he doesn't let it stop him from talking to them in this almost condescending way. He is just that great

He is also one of the few decent Lannisters aswell. But this right here describes some of my favorite kinds of characters.

And yeah I loved how he has compassion for bastards and cripples and all the others who missed the jackpot of life

This is what seperates him as one of the only few great people in Westeros. In the books just about anyone who is bastard born is considered untrustworthy because they were born from lust and well I forget the other word. But when he met Jon Snow he didn't look down on him. He didn't really think anything else of him because he is a bastard. He actually befriends Jon Snow and tries to help him in his own way.

Then there are the cripples who everyone will mock and insult, but Tyrion never seems to do that.

At first I wasn't sure if Tyrion had some hand in Bran's attempted assassination. But when he went to Bran and offered a way to ride a horse I knew he didn't do anything.

Though I am surprised he never brought this up with Catelyn. Would make for a good argument against him trying to kill Bran. Oh well. By the time Tyrion could have said any of that. War was damn near unstoppable anyways.

To think. If Catelyn had just been more cautious and didn't kidnap Tyrion the whole bloody war might have been avoided. Then again if it weren't for whatshisface who killed whatshisotherface then Catelyn would never have needed to capture Tyrion in the first place.

anyways.

New Game of Thrones is on tonight. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Saw tonights episode of Game of Thrones and I have only 1... 2 complaints.

1) I could have sworn Tyrion actually fought with the tribesman. It was awesome seeing him wear that armor and him almost being trampled over as he left his own tent. Really showed how he really wasn't up to the task of fighting.

2) The Whispering Woods fight. That was one hell of a let down. Probably the biggest in the series so far. While in the book you don't really see the battle but that chapter was still rather tense. Hearing the sounds of battle, screaming and shouting. The whole night full of the sounds of war. But they just completely went right over that. We only saw a glimpse of Catelyn being worried and all of a sudden Jaime Lanninster is in their hands. The Whispering Woods was a big big let down for me. Sad

If they decide to pull that shit on future battles I'm going to be really pissed.

On that note.

The execution was done brilliantly. The second Ned started walking towards the steps or whatever the hell that was, I was on the edge of my seat. I mean I knew what was coming but the whole scene was done perfectly. King Joffrey, the Mad King Reborn. Though I was pleased to see Cersei pissed at Joffrey.

Also while she had very little to say in this episode, I think the actress who plays Arya did a fantastic job.

Great episode. Though I am still bummed about the two battles not being seen. Especially the Whispering Woods. Because seriously. While not a major battle in the series. It still was seeing bits and pieces of it.

Oh and Shae! Tyrion was great in this episode... actually that reminds me.

How is it that Lyanna(Ned's Sister) not making forcing Ned to make a promise not into this? I don't think it has been revealed in the books at all. But throughout the book of Game of Thrones Ned keeps hearing her sister's voice "Promise me Ned..." With some flashbacks to it. But not once is it anywhere in the TV series. Sorta bummed.

Anyways back to Tyrion and Shae. Tyrion was great in this episode and we learn more about his past.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Well to be fair you need sustainable income. If you simply get a lot of gold you also need a lot of soldiers to guard and so on and so on. Basically you need to have an entire keep. And for this he hs to be part of his fmaily

Forgot to comment on this. Yeah I suppose. But it just sucks that he has to deal with his family. The only person that seems to give a damn about him is his brother, but that's not much it seems.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 am

Yeah I remember he was fighting them as well however this kind turned out hilariously well with Tyrion being knocked out before anyone knew what was happening. And I guess I understand why they cut off both the Tyrion and the large battle. They have probably already stretched the budget to breaking points with all sets and extras not to mention the insane absolutely insane marketing campaign

Oh and Shae! Tyrion was great in this episode... actually that reminds me.

How is it that Lyanna(Ned's Sister) not making forcing Ned to make a promise not into this? I don't think it has been revealed in the books at all. But throughout the book of Game of Thrones Ned keeps hearing her sister's voice "Promise me Ned..." With some flashbacks to it. But not once is it anywhere in the TV series. Sorta bummed
Shae was awesome. I could practically see Tyrion falling in love with her . She really has a great spirit. And Bron was very fun as well. I was so watch a spin off based on them and Arya

I don't really remember the part about the promise. I read the books a long time ago

To think. If Catelyn had just been more cautious and didn't kidnap Tyrion the whole bloody war might have been avoided.
Well to be fair if Jaimie and Cersei could keep it in their pants for five minutes this wouldn't have happened either.

Completely agreed on Arya. The girl did a fantastic job. After Tyrion she is by far the bestA Song of Ice and Fire Sad-arya You could really see her heartbreak

And the execution scene really made me want to go back and watch this again

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Rex wrote:Yeah I remember he was fighting them as well however this kind turned out hilariously well with Tyrion being knocked out before anyone knew what was happening. And I guess I understand why they cut off both the Tyrion and the large battle. They have probably already stretched the budget to breaking points with all sets and extras not to mention the insane absolutely insane marketing campaign

Well if they decide to pull that off during the battle at King's Landing where he does fight I'm going to be really pissed. It was one of those moments that made him really great. He could have just sent someone else because it wasn't expected of him. Of course I guess he was hoping that his father would finally give him Casterly Rock too. But still.

Shae was awesome. I could practically see Tyrion falling in love with her . She really has a great spirit. And Bron was very fun as well. I was so watch a spin off based on them and Arya

I don't really remember the part about the promise. I read the books a long time ago

Hell I started falling in love with her. The Adventures of the Imp, the Tomboy, and the Whore. Very Happy
I'd pay to see that.

Well you never learn anything about the promise. In fact it's the only book that brings it up and that's probably because Ned is dead. But the line 'Promise me Ned' kept appearing at places, especially towards the end of his storyline. While nothing has been about it since then, it felt like a rather important key detail for something.

Well to be fair if Jaimie and Cersei could keep it in their pants for five minutes this wouldn't have happened either..

That or if Jamie just listened to Cersei. As much of a bitch that Cersei is, it's good to know that she wouldn't do that. Atleast at that point. Pretty much sure she would do anything by the end of the book series... or atleast til A Feast for Crows.

Completely agreed on Arya. The girl did a fantastic job. After Tyrion she is by far the bestA Song of Ice and Fire Sad-arya You could really see her heartbreak

Oh no doubt. To think that, atleast according to IMDB, this is her first role.

And the execution scene really made me want to go back and watch this again

[/quote]

I always loved that scene. Probably one of the only times Joffrey was ever treated like that. Which is too bad because he might just have turned into a half decent King.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:28 am

Who knows. I am guessing it would depend on how much they had left in the budget. By the way is there really only one episode left?

Well I heard the next book is coming out soon. Maybe it will be mentioned there

Damn. Reminds of the first generation of Skins. Quite a few were first time actors and yet bloody amazing

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Rex wrote:Who knows. I am guessing it would depend on how much they had left in the budget. By the way is there really only one episode left?

Yup only one episode left. Which should be an amazing episode. I think. I actually only remember Dany's part in this and one thing about Rob. The rest I am unsure what will happen.

Well I heard the next book is coming out soon. Maybe it will be mentioned there

Maybe. But either way I am looking forward to it. In the last book some of my favorite characters were only mentioned and in one time only had 1 scene. Though considering how the last book left off it's going to be forever until we figure out what the hell happens to those characters. But it will be great to get back to the wall.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down