Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roswell

2 posters

Go down

Roswell Empty Roswell

Post by Unit7 Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:53 am

I sometimes saw Roswell listed on the Syfy channel for the daily marathon. I think. That or it was on late at night. Not sure which. But I never actually saw it. Mostly because 1) I had school 2) I wasn't exactly sure what it was about and well I don't like starting in the middle of a show. It bugs me.

But recently as I finished True Blood I hadn't anything else to watch and I caught a small thread on here for Roswell. So I decided to give it a shot.

Roswell is about a teenage girl who is saved by an Alien named Max after she was shot. The story follows her, Max and two other aliens that live in Roswell. Max's sister and their best friend Michael. That and some other people are dragged into it.

Season 1 I really loved. There was that sense of paranoia. You weren't sure who to trust. It was also fun seeing Michael trying to find out who they are, where they come from, and how they get back. All the while dodging the sheriff and the FBI after Max exposes himself to save Liz.
I also enjoyed the starting of the relationship between Liz and Max, Michael and Maria, and Alex and Isabel... or wait.

Season one seemed to have a purpose, a plot, and some fun filler and relationship stuff.

Season 2 was a bit of a mess in my opinion. It didn't seem to have any actual plot other then Liz and Max not being together and seemed focused on that rather then anything else. They brought up some storylines with great potential. The Skins, Grenalith, the Senator. But all of that seemed to end too quickly. The senator's potential was killed off in like the third episode. Which introduced the town of the Skins, but the next episode pretty much eliminated the skins entirely. Aside from their leader. Who pretty much after the meeting in NY was never really seen again.

The Time Travel episode was great and I enjoyed that. So I guess the plot of the season was just Tess(btw it was cool to see Emilie de Revin in a different role then Claire from Lost)

But it wasn't until the end of Season 2 did it have any plot and... well it sucked that Alex died. You know I hate google. It gave me recommendations when I typed in Tess and then it said Tess Killed Alex or something. I mean... damnit. I wasn't even looking to be spoiled. Of course at the time I forgot who Alex was.

So Season 2 was a bit of a flop. Strong begining, great ending. and nice big filler. I didn't hate the episodes and I enjoyed most of them. But yeah.

Season 3

Season 3 turned out to be a great season in my opinion. It had a central plot running throughout the season. Two actually. The first being of course Max's baby with Tess and the second Max and Isabel's dad starting to investigate Max and later Isabel. I always wondered how and when they would finally be let in on the secret. But I didn't expect this.

Of course I didn't expect Liz being stupid enough to actually rob a gas station. That whole plan just seemed really really dumb. I mean surely it had to close sometime? Couldn't they have found a better method of getting into the basement? Though for a secret military/FBI/NSA/CIA/Special Unit. Whatever. It did seem rather too easy. Then again I guess having alien powers makes breaking through just about any security kinda easy.

However the rest of the season was really good. Also even though Tess tried to do the right thing in the end, she helped reserrect the FBI's Special Unit. Which if there was a season 4, would be more powerful then it was before. I mean what do you expect by blowing up a damned military base?

Though some moments during the Season 3 didn't seem to make to much sense. When the Military come knocking on your door with a video evidence of your powers. What do you do first? Hell why didn't they just destroy it once it was clear the parents knew?

Overall I really enjoyed Season 3. I also loved the ending. It was bitter sweet. Great for Liz, Max and the rest of them. But also sad because they were forced to leave and well it was just sad to see Liz's dad read the journal explaining everything.

Oh and I loved how in Snapple was used in Season 3. It seemed like every episode there was some sort of mention of the drink after Michael stole the case. Though perhaps a marketing tactic, I enjoyed it.

Speaking of which, it was also good to see another future Lost star in Roswell. Smile

Another on going joke that I enjoyed was Isabel as the Christmas Nazi.

Overall I enjoyed the series. Season 1 and 3 were great, but Season 2 became more of a soap opera and more focused on relationships and didn't seem to have any clear plot besides the start and end.

I think that's all I got to say really.

Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Roswell Empty Re: Roswell

Post by Rex Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:31 am

I used to watch Roswell a lot back in the day. I was even of the community for a while(although to be honest I was mostly trolling them)

And I thought that at the beginning this was a great show. It combined the right amount of sci fi, drama, romance and action. The characters especially Michael and Maria were developed in a great way. But....then it started going downhill. I don't know if it was the studio bow to pressure for crazy fans or whatever but they turned it into a soap opera. They had so many great storylines especially with the Skins, the FBI and Tess but it all seemed rushed and thrown down the drain just to get more soapy moments with Liz and Max. Hell Tess who was shaping out to be a very interesting character was axed just to make it more soapy. Honestly at this time I grew kinda meh towards the show and tuned off but yeah at the beginning it was a great show with tremendous but sadly wasted potential

I especially liked the diverse characters. Michael and Maria are of course great for obvious reasons. Max was kinda of a stick in the mud but he was still nice and Isabel was great in that quirky way

I also really liked the doppelganger episode. I think this also had great potential which was sadly wasted
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Did you ever watch Season 3? For me, atleast after Season 2, it went back to what it was in Season 1. More Scifi stuff, some romance stuff, some action, and it didn't throw away any potential storylines really.

But some of the choices they seemed to have made were bad.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:29 am

Kinda. I watched a few of them but the show kinda lost me so I didn't really keep up. Maybe I should check it out again
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:01 am

Rex wrote:Kinda. I watched a few of them but the show kinda lost me so I didn't really keep up. Maybe I should check it out again

Well I'd recommend you do so. I thought it was alot better then season 2 anyways.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:42 am

I think part of my bitterness came from what they did with Tess, I liked Tess. She was such a cutie
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Rex wrote:I think part of my bitterness came from what they did with Tess, I liked Tess. She was such a cutie

Yeah that sorta sucked. She does return for one more episode, second to last I think and she goes out with a bang too.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down