Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrested Development.

3 posters

Go down

Arrested Development. Empty Arrested Development.

Post by Unit7 Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Some of my favorite TV comedies have to be the ones with the dysfunctional family. Whether it's Married... With Children, Malcolm in the Middle, Roseanne, or... well I think I am missing one. Either way the bigger the dysfunction the better. Which makes me wonder why I had never tried Arrested Development sooner.

The second I started watching it was the moment I found a new friend. I don't know how it did it, but the series literally just sucked me right in. When this happens I know I have found a great show.

I loved the Narrator. Now I often enjoy narration of some sort. Like in Burn Notice where he gives a spy lesson. It can be done really well and can add to the story. Of course it's also something that if done wrong can be more annoying then anything. But in Arrested Development the narrator was just another character. In fact I loved the episode where the Narrator complains about the narration on the reinactment on Tobias's protrayel of Geroge Sr.

Though there is one complaint I have about it early on. While I suppose it has more to do with me watching more then 1 episode a week. But sometimes the repeated information was annoying. But I was watching them in bulk. So while the first few times he reminded us about Tobias being a Never Nude... it got rather annoying.

I also loved the small references towards pop culture and the show itself. Early in Season 2, or whenever Tobias blue himself... George Michael gets blue paint on his hand. There was no real mention of it, it was just there. Of course I got a smile out of Prof Munch when Tobias went to a 'scrapbook' classs. Mostly because it was the same actor who plays Munch in Special Victims Unit.(I forget his name. But he had a cool character on SVU) Of course there was also a scrip Maeby was reading titled 'Operation Hot Mom' and it only flashed on the screen for a second or so. But still. It just made the series all the better.

The characters themselves are really great too. Michael has to be my favorite. Just because he is the good guy in the family. The only one who could actually be relied on, that and George Michael. Of course then you got George Sr. with all his attempts to escape. Jetpants, balloon chair, Switching with his twin brother Oscar. Oh good times good times.

Oh and then there was Gob. I just loved how he sounded serious and dramatic. It really made the character something better then what you might expect from such a character.

The whole cast was fantastic and each character was amazingly awesome.

Also I enjoyed the whole crush thing between Maeby and George Michael. You know that actually reminds me of a comment Rex made in regards to the show. Something about rooting for incest... or was that rooting for the insects when the apocalypse came? o.O Oh well I forget.

The one thing that I truly love about this show is how small and random details come back in the end to tie everything up. I had almost forgotten that George Sr had confessed that some of the things he is accused of could be considered Light Treason. It was several episodes later was it revealed as to what he meant by that. Of course there was Rita and MR. F. That whole part was just really really weird.

But my favorite had to be Anyong. I remembered the episode in the 'Next Time' segment George Sr bumps into Anyong listening in on everything while he was stuck in the walls. I had almost forgotten about it. But in the last episode he comes back and... yeah that was just awesome. I actually didn't expect to see him back at all.

The series overall was just... well fantastic!
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Arrested Development. Empty Re: Arrested Development.

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:16 pm

It's about freakin' time.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:It's about freakin' time.

Yeah I know. Can't believe I had put it off this long. Pure genius.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 am

Goddamit. I alredy started the South of Nowhere long reponse and I have too little attention span to do a big one for AD as well. I think I made a huge mistake
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Rex wrote:Goddamit. I alredy started the South of Nowhere long reponse and I have too little attention span to do a big one for AD as well. I think I made a huge mistake

Don't worry I can wait. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum