Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tomorrow People

2 posters

Go down

The Tomorrow People Empty The Tomorrow People

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 am

So one day my Mom tells me that when I was a little kid, probably 5 or so, I used to watch this show called The Tomorrow People. She said that when she tried to interrupt me I'd turn around and say 'Shh I am watching my soaps' which I take it to mean that I constantly interrupted my mom while she watched her Soap Operas and what not.

The thing is, I hadn't the damndest idea of what The Tomorrow People was all about. When I could I googled the series and it sounded like a cool show. But trying to find a torrent about it was... well difficult. It's an old show and turns out there are two series. One from the 1970s and a reboot of sorts in the 1990's. Either way I didn't get much luck. But recently I decided to see if letmewatchthis had any links. I had seen the show pop up when I was browsing for something to watch and recently I learned that the entire series was on youtube.

Now that I got that little backstory out of the way. Because you know me, gotta have that randomly random backstory of how I came to watch the show.

The Tomorrow People, atleast the 1990's version, is about a group of kids who are the next stage in human evolution. They are able to communicate with eachother through telepathy, teleport, and heal people. Oh and I suppose see the future to some degree(atleast one of them can) Even as a small child I had some great taste in TV. Because the series so far is really great.

Now the way the series is set up is also rather interesting. We are all familiar with the Season and how usually there is some filler stuff with a main story going through out it. Whether it's learning to survive on an Island or trying to figure out who the hell burned you or trying to figure out what Bad Wolf means.

In Tomorrow People it's more like several seasons in one. Each 5 or so episodes there is a new storyline. The first 5 episodes are titled The Origin Story(though I read this may have been more of a Fan naming) and the 6th episode and onward(until it's finished) is called Culex Experiment.

ok I just did a horrible job at explaining that I think. Either way it's different from what I have seen.

Now Origin Story mostly focuses on these group of kids from different parts of the world. Well it's more like 2 are from London, 1 is from the States, and another from Australia. At first the teleportation is sort of random and they go to this small pacific island(well I think it's pacific, doesn't really say) where a alien ship had crashed hundreds and hundreds and... well a really long time ago. It has been waiting for the Tomorrow People(that's what they call themselves I guess) to be born.

Meanwhile as some of them are teleported to the Island, a shady group of government officials are interested in these 'Teleporters' and set out to try and capture one. One of the friends gets kidnapped and some hillarious stuff happens, and yeah. It's mostly just them trying to save one friend, and then another.

Meanwhile while the shady government types are trying to study and capture and... well whatever such organizations due in this sort of situation. There is this insanely rich old lady, who we first meet as she is shooting garden gnomes with a rather large revolver.

That scene is so far the only thing that is familiar to me. But I think I may have seen it as a youtube clip a few years ago. But hey, either way I am pretty sure if this is the version I watched. I had some great taste in tv when I was a kid. Razz

In one scene, Megabyte(aka Marmaduke... lol) is kidnapped and this bumbling scientist asks him if he isn't a teleporter, then how does he know so much, and mentions a bunch of scifi stuff with Doctor Who. I enjoyed that reference. I really did. Not sure why though. Oh yeah, it's fraking Doctor Who!

Most of the episodes, atleast in the first 5, were great. Some good classic humor, some cheesy atmosphere by the government officials, and a great cliffhanger at the end of each episode. I mean will he drown? Will they get hit by that truck? and yeah.

Now the special effects are horrible and the opening credits remind me of Stargate... kinda anyways. I dunno why. The acting is... well I have never been a judge at that.

All in all it really is a great show so far. I was a bit hesitant when I first realized I could watch all of the episodes. I mean what if the show just sucked and I didn't enjoy it? I mean that would mean I had horrible taste as a kid!!

Now you can watch the entire series on youtube. While it is a bit cheesy at times I have found that it was a great watch anyways. Even when it's bad, it's still good.

I dunno. I guess you can be the judge of it.(hope this works)

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

The Tomorrow People Empty Re: The Tomorrow People

Post by Rex Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:34 am

First things first. Link =
http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-576225-The-Tomorrow-People

I once read a Stragte Tomorrow People crossover. I was beyond confused. I might check it out sometimes soon if I ever get over my distaste of watching things on my computer

But this sounds interesting. It reminds me of the Witch Mountain movies and I really liked ever since I was a kid. Both the new and the old ones. Have you watched them?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Rex wrote:First things first. Link =
http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-576225-The-Tomorrow-People

I once read a Stragte Tomorrow People crossover. I was beyond confused. I might check it out sometimes soon if I ever get over my distaste of watching things on my computer

But this sounds interesting. It reminds me of the Witch Mountain movies and I really liked ever since I was a kid. Both the new and the old ones. Have you watched them?

That would probably be one strange crossover. lol

Oh it's not that bad. Just pretend your just watching some youtube video... unless you download and watch youtube videos on your TV... o.O

Actually I haven't seen the Witch Mountain movies. Might have to give them a shot. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum