Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miracle Day

2 posters

Go down

Miracle Day Empty Miracle Day

Post by Unit7 Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Its good to see that Torchwood is back in action... sorta.

One day for no apparent reason everyone in the world stops dying and every last shred of evidence that Torchwood ever existed is either deleted or simply vanishes which prompts Jack to return from wherever he was hiding the past 9 or so months... maybe a year. I dunno to come back and ensure that Gwen is safe.

I loved how Miracle Day opened up. Well the opening credits were also kinda cool. They were simple but to the point. But it opens up with an execution. Now this is a no brainer. Everyone in the world/city/universe/whatever stops dying you gotta have an execution that day. Now this guy is convicted of raping and then murdering a student of his. The only thing he feels sorry for is that he was caught.

But it does bring up an interesting idea. What would happen if someone somehow survived an execution? Whether they came back to life or you simply couldn't kill them? Would they be released or just thrown in some cage for the rest of their life? I mean technically there sentenced is carried out.

In Miracle Day you find out that this guy, which the Death Penalty was pretty much put in place for, gets to walk away. He even talked about suing the system for unlawful imprisonment. Whether he got his money or not was left in the air.

Now enough of that asshole...(I wonder if he will play a bigger role in things?)

Gwen.

Oh Gwen! There was something very very awesome about seeing Gwen shooting at the people in the helicopters with her baby in hand. That whole scene was great. Gwen looks down at her baby and then puts earmuffs on his(is it a boy or girl?) head and then starts shooting like a complete bad ass.

But before that it was interesting to see Gwen live a peaceful and paranoid life. Living in a remote area with just her husband and baby to really keep company. I loved their reaction when someone knocked on the door. They immediately when for the big guns.

I also really enjoyed Jack and Gwen's reunion. Well mostly that image of Jack with a machine gun. There was a feeling of 'Hell yeah.'

Also the Helicopter scene was great. Very Happy

I also really enjoyed how Jack's first appearance in Miracle Day was done. Some CIA analyst chick digging for files on Torchwood and I guess the 456 files(I loved how we get a glimpse of the ramifications of Children of Earth. England being looked down at and sorta scorned and with other governments obtaining a little more power in foreign countries) He just appears in the shadows and if you hadn't seen Torchwood before that dead body would have you thinking "Oh shit oh shit!! Run lady run!!' or... you know something like that.

It was a scene that was rather creepy in a horror movie kind of way but for me I was just smiling "Jack's back!" (wow I sound really lame don't I?)

But even though people can't die... they still age and they still get hurt. Some people more serious then others.

If you have watched Children of Earth then you know that Jack can even survive a bomb being put inside his stomach. But the people after Miracle Day are not that lucky. I had a seriously bad feeling about that guy who tried to kill Jack and that CIA chick with a bomb vest.

What happens when someone who can't die but can still get injured and sick decides to blow themselves up?

The scene in the morgue where you learn that... well I guess it's not really a spoiler... the guy who blew himself up is very much alive. Except he is a burnt coprse. I am not even sure he could feel pain. Which would be a blessing... but losing all feeling would be brutal. It could be worse he could have lost his eyes.

Of course that disturbing scene was interrupted by Jack asking 'What if you cut off the head?'

I laughed because it seems like a question Jack would have asked himself once upon a time. "Well what if I cut off my head?'

Some other great stuff happened.

But the ending of the first episode was great just because Jack and Gwen are back where the old HQ was.

Major Spoilers for the first episode:

Jack being the only person who can die. So this tells me that Jack will die by the end of Miracle Day. Chances are he will once again be brought back after the mess is dealt with. Gwen most likely will have a light bulb moment 'Wait if people can die now...'

But then who knows? Perhaps they will put in a complete mind screw.

Now to watch episode 2.

Oh and... this really wasn't one of my better 'reviews' was it?

Sorry just to excited that Torchwood is back. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Miracle Day Empty Re: Miracle Day

Post by Rex Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:43 am

I still have to catch up to Torchwood(right now I am doing True Blood) but in the meantime this is disturbingly brilliant.

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:06 am

Its as if that song was meant for Doctor Who. Who knew the Tenth Doctor had so many instances where it could go with the line 'Jizz in my pants' lol?

Alright just watched Miracle Day: Categories of Life. The ending was... was disturbing.

First off the revelation that Jack is in some way responsible for Miracle Day was actually something I didn't see coming. I know this is from the episode before this but yeah. I wonder what Jack gave them whether it was willing or not all those years ago. I think it was probably some sort of transplant. You know Jack can literally regrow organs as needed some small child needed a donor and you know Jack his organs are sorta like him: They will go with anything. Wink Boy or girl grows up but either stopped aging and is now sorta semi immortal or maybe not.

Damnit Rex why did you have to shoot him?

Oh and... no offense Rex but I sorta find the Rex from Miracle Day a bit annoying. He is on a fineline between I really like him or I really hate him. Sorta depending on the mood.

Actually back to last weeks episode. The 'death' of the senator chick was disturbing. I mean after Miracle Day there are only a few ways to truly die and even then you are left wondering... does that even work? I remember hearing in the second or first episode how groups of rebels had tried to slaughter a village but when no one would die they bashed their brains in and then burried them. That pretty much set the tone for the 'deaths' in Miracle Day. I mean that Senator chick was crushed inside the car into a giant car cube thing. When it revealed that her eye was still looking around I was deeply disturbed.

I mean could you imagine living like that? Not that I'm not glad she is out of the picture because her campaign of hers was scary. Of course why she had to die I am not clear on.

I know that she was somehow revealing their plans to early but they should have just joined with her. Hey at the very least when what happens to Category 1 is revealed to the public they could push some blame onto her. Then again I suppose they probably wouldnt work out to well. Hell Phicorp is probably expendable.The real people in charge have seperated themselves from Phicorp long ago.

You know there is one thing that bugs me. Could someone like Oswald Danes become that well liked so quickly? I mean I know something similar has happened in the past. Charles Manson comes to mind. Despite who he was he still seemed to beable to sway people to his side or something.

I guess it will always bug me that so many people have so readily accepted him.

Now Categories of Life.

This was me during the ending.
Miracle Day Shocked-Monkey

But that Dr Chick was right(you know me. Can never remember names.) making a simple mistake like that can really suck. Also the way that Gwen's father was so readily put into category 1 was scary. But I also wonder if the mistake back in CA was a mistake afterall. Gwens father was labeled Cat 1 by some doctor.(which I asked myself: Where the hell is the Doctor?) Maybe the same was for the one in CA.

By the end of the episode it wouldnt have surprised me if they were trying to slip as many people into Cat 1 as they could. As disturbing as it is it does make sense. I mean what are you going to do with those who no longer have little to no brain activity?

Of course the incident with that Guy and the Dr. Chick(odd that I can only remember the name Ralph out of the whole thing. Of course ever since Joan of Arcadia I always smile when I see that actor) might have been do to stress. He made an honest mistake and now he is going to be punished for it.

He is just so tired because people just keep coming in and the whole healthcare system is shot to hell. Not enough health care providers. Its a complete mess!

So maybe it wasn't a mistake but him going off like that was definitely a stress related meltdown. Who can blame him? Sad

It also occured to me that perhaps these sudden breakouts of Swine Flu, malaria, and whatever else thats been popping up isn't Phicorps doing also.

The death of that Dr. Chick was also brutal. The one true death.

Like I said before. It actually makes sense. I don't like it but what else can you do? Start building giant underground bunkers to house those who should be dead?

*jots down that idea for later use*

This is what I like about Torchwood. Especially Children of Earth and Miracle Day. They put a horrible situation out there and ask you 'Well what would you do?'

As for Oswald Danes. His speach was rather great. The whole thing was acted perfectly. With him unsure of what he should say. Should he read what Phicorp gave him or should he read what Jack gave him?

Instead he gave the speech he wanted. No one seemed to ask him what he wanted to say so he decided "Fuck you all. Im saying what i want to say!' Of course ends up siding with Phicorp.

I seriously thought the companies name started with a V until I was like "oh right just read the damn company name when it comes up!'

I am really starting to love Miracle Day. Very Happy

Ok enough rambling. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:52 am

I have to say was hesitant about the new Torchwood but it turned out to be quite good. Even though I can't stand Rex I am ok with the new team and I am kinda really happy to see that it wasn't americanzed to the point where they stopped killing the heroes Smile

I will go into deeper detail but I am travelling tommorow
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum