Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherlock!

2 posters

Go down

Sherlock! Empty Sherlock!

Post by melissa052 Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:49 pm

So, I'm just getting into the British TV show, Sherlock and I am really loving it so far!

It's a three-part series retells the tale of Sherlock Holmes but in a modern-day setting, with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman taking the leads as Sherlock Holmes and Dr John Watson respectively.

Cumberbatch makes a brilliant Sherlock. Really, really wonderful! I would actually love for him to be the Doctor in Doctor Who after Matt Smith's reign is over!

I've only watched the first episode so far but I'll definitely be around to talk more about it after I'm done!

So, finally finished the short series today! I have to say, I'm kind of surprised by how good it is because I'm a huge fan of the books! For an adaptation, this series really is brilliant! And I still call Benedict Cumberbatch as the Doctor and I'd love to see the guy who plays Moriarty as the Master! Very Happy

Episode 1: A Study in Pink. (5/5)
Sherlock is young, working in the lab where he met Watson, the army doctor. Here, Watson has just returned from Afghanistan and is trying to adapt to civilian life. In need of a roommate, but feeling that no one will want to live with him, a friend introduces him to someone else no one wants to live with - Sherlock. Sherlock's landlady, Mrs. Hudson (Uma Stubbs) has given Holmes a deal on an apartment at 221B Baker Street. Watson moves in, with some trepidation.

This first case, A Study in Pink, concerns a series of suicides from the same poison, committed by three unrelated people. Holmes thinks they were driven to it, but how? He is called in by Lestrade (Rupert Graves) when a woman is found dead and Lestrade becomes desperate. Watson goes along and soon finds himself caught up in Holmes' deduction.

Fast-moving, fascinating, and delightful, Holmes and Watson now have use of the Internet, GPS, and cell phones. The other modern touch is that everyone thinks Holmes and Watson are gay lovers. Instead of stories, it's looking like Watson is going to be writing a blog. All of these modernisms are very effective and work well in the story.

Episode 2: The Blind Banker. (3/5)
Sherlock and Watson work on deciphering deadly symbols that are covering the walls around London, killing everyone who sees them within hours, before any further victim succumbs to the mysterious Black Lotus.

Not quite as fast moving as the first, and starts off slow... I honestly didn't get into it will near the end. (And they're 90-minute episodes....)

Episode 3: The Great Game. (5/5)
In this episode, Sherlock is bored and has taken to shooting holes in his wall. His brother Mycroft has a case for him, the murder of a civil servant and the theft of plans for a missile, but Sherlock appears to brush him off.

Then comes a case that really excites him, beginning when a bomb blasts through 221 Baker St. The bomber kidnaps innocent people, who then have bombs strapped to them. They call Sherlock and give him a case which he has to solve in a given number of hours, or the person dies. If Sherlock solves the case, the police can go and pick up the innocent victim.

This is the episode where Moriarity finally appears, and there's a stand-off by a swimming pool at the end. And of course, Sherlock never forgot about Mycroft's case.

Last edited by melissa052 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Sherlock! Empty Re: Sherlock!

Post by Rex Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Oh Mel. It's bad enough you got me hooked to Doctor Who are you trying to addict me to a second British show? Very Happy
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Oh, you got me! XD But really, it is brilliant! You should check it out sometime!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Ok you got me Mel. I just finished. And you are right it was quite brilliant. Sherlock is great. Watson is also quite fun. Their chemistry could use some more work but they still are quite good together.

I am just kinda disappointing by how short it was. I would pref red the traditional british 12 episode season. Or you know a 6 episodes since these are 90 minutes long

Now I am bummed we have to wait to 2012. I can't wait to see what would happen. I am betting that's not the real Moriairty but the evil equivalent of Watson
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum