Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Killing

2 posters

Go down

The Killing Empty The Killing

Post by Unit7 Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 am

Nice tagline right? Unforunately it doesnt share any of Twin Peaks really weird and WTF moments. No mysterious lodge, no mysterious dwarf and giant.

The Killing focuses on the efforts of Detectives trying to solve the murder of Rosie Larsen. The show also focuses on how the family of Rosie Larsen deal and cope with their daughters murder and a politician trying to seek a council posistion... or was it mayor? Senate? You know all you need to know is that he is a politician and is played by the same character who played Collier in 4400(great show)

Now im not going to say this show is bad and Im not going to say this show is great. It wasnt a show that I am actually looking forward to, but I am going to watch anyways. The pace can be slow and parts of it just get boring. I can tell you now, by the end of season 1 we have yet to learn anything about who or why Rosie was killed. Some of the characters are interesting, and theres a neat twist at the end of season 1.

But... its just lacking something. Part of a few episodes deal with terrorism, which was a 'wtf' in a bad way.

Now I would have added flashbacks in this series. Flashbacks are overused. Sometimes shows are great with them or they are bad. But overall I enjoy them. Series like Cold Case and Without a Trace focus use flashbacks amazingly well to tell the story. But the show is more focused on the story of the victim rather then the detectives.

Some crime shows do great without flashbacks. Law and Order, NCIS, and I guess CSI or I dunno. I never actually watched more then 1 episode of CSI and that was in school(awesome teacher teaching an awesome subject)

In The Killing I feel like I barely know Rosie and I barely know the detectives. Well the main detective you learn quite a bit especially hinting at a time spent in a mental hospital. But if a show is going to focus on 1 murder you'd think we would learn alot more about the victim. Well I would, which is why maybe flashbacks would help.

As for the politician guy. He doesnt seem corrupt or power hungry and genuinly wants to help the community. That doesnt mean he doesnt have some shady stuff going on.

But it does tend to get boring at parts and drags on. Might have been better as more of a mini series, but who knows maybe season 2 will make things more interesting.

I say check it out and give it a shot. Dont try and let my 'review' influence you to negatively because who knows? You might actually like it.

While I do seem negative, I do plan to watch Season 2(not entirely sure if its confirmed. I really havent done much looking into it.)

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

The Killing Empty Re: The Killing

Post by Rex Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:04 pm

I read a few things about the show but I don't know it just never picked my interest. Sure they tried to do tad more originally then most crime shows but still crime shows are really not my thing. Castle is one of the few exceptions to that rule but overall I am just not really into them. Especially nowadays with all that b.s CSI stuff.

That and I don't recognize any of the actors from something truly enjoyable. And those are pretty much my two criterias for going for a show. Either an fascinating concept or actors I really really like. Well then there is the third option for when something goes so big it's all around me but that rarely happens
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down