Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenge - Pure perfection

2 posters

Go down

Revenge - Pure perfection Empty Revenge - Pure perfection

Post by Rex Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Revenge - Pure perfection Unknown

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2727107-Revenge

When I first heard of the show Revenge I am afraid to say I pretty much dismissed it. I thought it was going to be something like Desperate Housewives with some petty neighbors dishing dirt on each other. And because it deals with revenge a topic I have always been fascinate with and something which frankly I thought no one could do real justice. And boy was I wrong.

First of this not about some random neighbors. The action is set in The Hamptons the mecca of the wealthy and powerful. We are introduced to Emily the new girl on the block who just rented the house next to the Queen of the Hamptons. The most powerful woman around. In a series on flashback we quickly find out the story of Emily. She is not Emily but Amanda. The daughter of a once incredibly powerful CEO who essentially gave the careers and lives of half of the people around. But they betrayed him and framed him for a terrorist attack . And so at the age of eight Emily(Amanda)'s father was sent to prison, Emily herself had to spend the rest of her childhood separated from this in various institutions. Now about 15 years later she is back. Under a new name and plotting revenge. But the beauty is how well this is executed. From the bat we see that she has no illusions. She knows that this will destroy her and that she might not succeed but can't help it. She is obsessed with getting revenge

And the more of the show we see the more we understand just how deep her obsession runs. She is incredibly wealthy(as in billions wealthy) and she could have an incredible life but still she is just drawn back with the need to get revenge.

And the way she does it is beautiful. Very soon we see that this is not some impulsive decision. She didn't just come hoping to think of something. She truly is obsessed. Even before coming directly into enemy's territory she has been laying the ground work for years. Investigating the weaknesses of each one of her targets, making connections for years even working together with the people she hates to gain their trust. And then when she finally starts removing them one by one it's just beautiful. She doesn't kill them. No that would be too simple. She destroys their lifes. And quit often she doesn't have to cause it. She finds their weakness, their lies and with the elegance of a dancer knows right how and when to expose it to truly ruins someones life. To destroy everything they have worked for, everything they love.. And she doesn't back down from anybody. It doesn't matter if her target is a billion dollar hedge fund manager or an US senator she always finds a way and the people never even know what him until they find themselves without anything

What is even more impressive is the splash damage. Quite often she actually manages to do a chain reaction which causes immense to pain to several of her targets(and sometimes even innocent people)

Overall this show is really amazing and so far very consistent. I advise you to watch the hell out of it

Also really don' Google Image Revenge TV.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Revenge - Pure perfection Empty Re: Revenge - Pure perfection

Post by Unit7 Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:18 pm

You did a much better job then I ever could have. I also meant to write my own review but you
pretty much beat me to it.

It truly is amazing as to how far she has gone to get her revenge. Planning everything to the tiniest
detail. She isnt afraid of going against anyone and no one, aside maybe Jack(her childhood friend)

Speaking of Jack. I knew he was familiar from somewhere. I just couldnt place him.
Didnt bother to look it up until I needed his characters name. He played the Sheriffs kid in
Roswell.

I say that Jack is the only one who could stop her, because of how much she seems to struggle when
she is around him. The first time there was that look on her face that seemed to want to tell him it
her. Also when she learns that Jack named his boat after Amanda. But I doubt even he could stop her.

You mentioned the collatoral damage towards the innocent people. I wonder of Jack will somehow get
wrapped up in one of her plots. Definitely should be interesting.

Also theres that guy whose business was started because of Emily's dad. I think his name is Nolan.
Either way he definitely adds some fun to this series. Though I wonder if he has alternative motives.
I am hoping he is just wanting in on Emily's revenge and enjoy the show as the rich and powerful become
not so powerful.

So far I dont think I have yet to be disappointed by how she gets her revenge. The stockmarket scheme
was just awesome. But it also shows that Emily's plans can hurt those who are innocent and have nothing
to do with the framing of her father.

One of my favorites is in the pilot. The way VIctoria gives back the Van Gogh(sp?) was brilliant. Well
ok so that wasnt exactly Emily's plan. But what happened because of her scheme was just amazing.
It also sets up just how powerful Victoria is in the Hamptons. If she tells you to move and get the
hell out of the Hamptons, you are better off just packing your bags and leaving. Well thats the general
impression I got.

I also like this budding relationship between Victoria's daughter and Jack's little brother. I forget
there names at the moment... or maybe never knew them in the first place.

There is one thing that I am very curious as to what happens in the very begining at the engagement party
Was that also part of her plan? I mean I can see why it might be. I mean she has targeted the Graysons
for a damn good reason. But so far the son seems like a good guy for the most part

Either way I am looking forward to what happens leading up to that night.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:18 pm

I am loving the last episode. Things are escalating. I can't wait to see the next episode. I wonder what Emily's reaction would be
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Rex wrote:I am loving the last episode. Things are escalating. I can't wait to see the next episode. I wonder what Emily's reaction would be

This last episode was definitely great. I am really interested in what Daniels Friend is up to. I think his name was Tyler. At first I thought it was just odd that he seemed hell bent on ruining his relationship with Emily. What that was about, I dont know. But in this last episode he seems to be trying to do his best to upset the Grayson home. Especially distancing Daniel from his father.

What he is up to is a mystery to me.

As for Nolan. He continues to be a bit of a mystery. For some reason I just can't shake that he really does have some ulterior motive.

Then there is Emily. How will she react to learning of Lydia's 'suicide.' A part of me thinks that she knew this was the most likely outcome of what she did. I mean she planted all sorts of evidence to suggest that everything bad thats happen is her doing.

I mean she also has a great motive. She was exiled from the Hamptons, stripped of just about everything, who could have a better motive aside from Emily?

While she may have foreseen such an outcome, I wonder if it was planned or how she will take it. I think a part of her won't feel anything about it but then it will just sorta hit her. Its a great opprotunity to explore just how far she is willing to go and if she is truly ready to accept this kind of guilt.

But yes this show continues to be amazing.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:30 am

This last episode was definitely great. I am really interested in what Daniels Friend is up to. I think his name was Tyler. At first I thought it was just odd that he seemed hell bent on ruining his relationship with Emily. What that was about, I dont know. But in this last episode he seems to be trying to do his best to upset the Grayson home. Especially distancing Daniel from his father.
I think the promo for the next episode gives a hint for this. Although I am not entirely sure if this is him since I am bad with faces

It's at 0:13. If that's what I think it is it would explain some things

As for Nolan. He continues to be a bit of a mystery. For some reason I just can't shake that he really does have some ulterior motive.
Honestly I think he is kinda in love with her. He practically worships her father. Her father who probably talked about her all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if in his mind she is the perfect woman. For now this wouldn't be a problem because well she treats him like something the cat dragged in but I think that if she leads him on as part of one of her schemes things may turn out very badly

Then there is Emily. How will she react to learning of Lydia's 'suicide.' A part of me thinks that she knew this was the most likely outcome of what she did. I mean she planted all sorts of evidence to suggest that everything bad thats happen is her doing.
I am very curious as well. I think this will be one of the crucial moments in the show. To see exactly how deep her obsession goes. Speaking of obsession I loved how they showed her way back in 2003 starting all this.

While she may have foreseen such an outcome, I wonder if it was planned or how she will take it. I think a part of her won't feel anything about it but then it will just sorta hit her. Its a great opprotunity to explore just how far she is willing to go and if she is truly ready to accept this kind of guilt.
I personally would love it if it's the other way around. If during the entire episode she seems distraught and says she didn't want this but at the very end we see her smiling a small psychopathic smile while she watches the news of Lydia's death or something.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:32 pm

Rex wrote:I think the promo for the next episode gives a hint for this. Although I am not entirely sure if this is him since I am bad with faces

It's at 0:13. If that's what I think it is it would explain some things

Yeah thats Tyler. Just saw the latest episode and I think the dude is 1) Lying about who he is and 2) Has a thing for Daniel and trying to isolate him from just about everyone... or I really don't know.

Honestly I think he is kinda in love with her. He practically worships her father. Her father who probably talked about her all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if in his mind she is the perfect woman. For now this wouldn't be a problem because well she treats him like something the cat dragged in but I think that if she leads him on as part of one of her schemes things may turn out very badly

Hmm that would make sense. I considered this but I guess in a show like this I put on my tinfoil hat and suspect everyone of not being trustworthy. He is definitely someone she should tread carefully on. Its one thing to go after the rich and powerful all cloak and dagger like... but Nolan knows who she is and that alone could destroy her plans.

I am very curious as well. I think this will be one of the crucial moments in the show. To see exactly how deep her obsession goes. Speaking of obsession I loved how they showed her way back in 2003 starting all this.

As I said I have seen the next episode and... Well it wasn't as great as it could have been. I was really hoping it would focus and show a bit more of her feelings towards Lydia's 'suicide attempt' But then I guess maybe it did. She doesn't really feel anything about it and saw an opprotunity.

Though the way this episode ended... I wonder if she was thinking clearly. Obviously this wasn't something she had planned before hand. She just sorta released the tape to the Graysons. For someone who has been several steps ahead of everyone, making sure her plans were as perfect as they could get. Doing so much preperation...

She really screwed this one up.

I personally would love it if it's the other way around. If during the entire episode she seems distraught and says she didn't want this but at the very end we see her smiling a small psychopathic smile while she watches the news of Lydia's death or something.

Well that would have been something great. Razz

The episode was great, but still it could have been better. Still want to know exactly what Tyler is up to. Hopefully the Security Guy isn't able to tell Victoria that he suspects its Emily that had a camera in Lydia's appartment and then released it.

Also the part where Jack confesses how he feels. That scene definitely wouldnt have worked as great if it weren't for those earlier scenes where Emily was struggling to be around him. Then again maybe it would have. But for me it was just much better knowing that she actually cares about him.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:16 am

Ok wow that was a truly great episode. I loved every second of it and I am more into this show then ever. And CCH Pounder was an awesome bonus. I loved her as the warden. And I am loving she seems to have some kind of a mentor type realtionship with Emily

Speaking of Emily, the real Emily this was a very interesting flashback. I loved how Amanda was a badass. I do wonder how they came to such friendship that she is willing to kill for Amanda. She didn't seem like the type to need protection in prison. I also cna't help but wonder why she took Emily's name. Obviously she can afford anyone she wants. Why her? Another back up plan maybe?

Nolan was interesting as well. I wonder what game he is playing to take Tyler down

But I have to say I am quite bored with the teenies

Yeah thats Tyler. Just saw the latest episode and I think the dude is 1) Lying about who he is and 2) Has a thing for Daniel and trying to isolate him from just about everyone... or I really don't know.
Looks like we were pretty much spot on. I wouldn't be surprised if he developed some feelings as well considering his actions towards Emily

Hmm that would make sense. I considered this but I guess in a show like this I put on my tinfoil hat and suspect everyone of not being trustworthy. He is definitely someone she should tread carefully on. Its one thing to go after the rich and powerful all cloak and dagger like... but Nolan knows who she is and that alone could destroy her plans.

I wouldn't be surprised if she has a plan to deal with him as well
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:45 pm

So I finally caught up! Emily is in rare form since the Trial started. I almost lost interest once that Japanese guy was introduced. Ok I had a mini rant written. But the more I think about it. I guess his mysterious connection to Emily is probably intentional. What his motives are will probably be explained. Because everyone else we at least know how they met and more or less why they are helping her.

But seriously. The last two episodes were incredible. Full of suspense and tension. and Emily has been building a mountain of dirt on the Graysons. Take that guy Victoria highered to do her dirty work. The fact that they had him killed is hillarious. Emily has Victoria handing cash to the man. He has the man himself boasting of his dirty deeds. She has the recording of Conrad telling someone they have a 'David Clarke' like situation. She has that same person threatening a jury member... that recorded phone call that guy made to Victoria...

All this makes The Hamptons Exposed look like... something insignicant. I love it. I absolutely love it. Not to mention now Emily knows that the Graysons not only had him framed for supporting the terrorists... but also that they had him killed. The shit just hit the fan.

Of course not only was Emily's game top notch. But everything else was great.

Though. Victoria's sudden rekindling of an old romance just came out of nowhere. For some reason I always loved the fact that Victoria loved David Clarke. The idea just made the whole Revenge thing all the sweeter. So I guess seeing him with that Artist dude was like a big middle finger. Oh well.

I am actually sorta pissed that Declan did that to Charlotte. I liked them together. I understand he wants to protect his brother. I do. But... damn that was just cold. Of course then when Charlotte tries to seduce him she lost a bit of love from me. It was just so... trashy. Then again. I don't blame her. It's Victoria's fault. Seriously. What kind of mother pretty much tells their daughter to go seduce someone like that? Sure it might not have been said bluntly... any idiot can read between those lines.

Still I hope they get back somehow... Yup. I am officially shipping the hell out of this one. Razz

As for Jack. I feel sorry for the bastard. He's chasing the wrong girl... well maybe he is in love with Fake Amanda. But most of that is built upon the lie that she was actually Amanda. I almost half expect him to still try and confess to being on the beach that night.

As for Daniel. Ten bucks he tries to kill Jack. Victoria has been seriously screwing with his mind. Well maybe he won't kill jack. But chances are he is going to screw up royally because of what victoria has done.

Umm... might be forgetting some other stuff. But I am really loving this show again. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 24, 2012 12:09 pm

I wish I could have more time to go on and on about how much I love the finale and how much I love Emily but I don't have the time right now. All I can say is that I am psyched for season 2
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri May 25, 2012 4:17 am

Amazing. You know I have always enjoyed Emily VanCamp. But in this series she is just fantastic.

Everything about this season finale was epic. I was actually wondering how on earth they could do a season 2. I mean Emily had been building up so much against the Graysons and everything has gone to shit for them that a season 2 would be... pointless. But now... everything Emily has worked for seems to have gone up in smoke. Though the season continuing without Victoria Grayson... aside from flashbacks... seems just odd. Unless of course they pull a Chloe Sullivan... which oddly the entire ending reminded me of that Smallville season finale.

I saw Charlottes suicide attempt, or accidental overdose, ages ago. But for some reason I always pictured Declan discovering her. For some reason Charlotte has been a favorite of mine. What she did to that girl was just horrible... yet I still feel really bad about her situation. She comes from a horrible home and she recently found out that David Clarke is her father... and only a handful of characters knows the truth. She is like a younger version of Victoria. Only she hasn't stumbled fully down that dark road and she is struggling. The way she asked her mother about retribution was a nice touch.

Once I realized Victoria was actually flying to DC I knew that the plain would go down. It wasn't even what Conrad said about being the last thing she would ever do. It was just... a rather perfect way for her to die.

While I think most of the reason she was testifying was self preservation... I do like that she was finally willing to tell the truth about the terrorist attack and how they had framed David Clarke.

Amanda returns. I was half expecting Daniel to kill Jack before the episode was over and before Emily could reveal the truth... which just may still happen in the future. But I did not see Amanda's return nor the fact that she is pregnant. Man I was so excited to see Emily confess that she was the real Amanda and about everything.

Wait... Emily's mother is alive. This whole season has put David on somewhat of a Pedestal. While I doubt he was anywhere near as bad as what the Graysons and the American Initiative(I would really like to know their motives. Terrorists usually have them) But I think it be nice to see Emily discover some dirt on her father.

But her mother is still alive... Which begs the question. Which side is she on? Did she fake her death? Did David know? Is she working with the Terrorists or... what?

Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Smile

Which I am thrilled about actually. Not so much the wait but that Revenge got a second season. I wasn't expecting this to be renewed. Though even if it did get cancelled I do like that the ending could have been replaced. Where Emily wins. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they had planned just in case they didn't get the renewal.

Oh and the engagment gift was also a nice touch. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: