Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veronica Mars.

Go down

Veronica Mars. Empty Veronica Mars.

Post by Unit7 Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:33 am

So I recently started watching Veronica Mars. I have been meaning to watch it, but I didnt. Now that I did I couldn't stop watching. I just kept going to the next episode and before I knew it, it was over.

Veronica Mars is about a amateur sleuth who after the death of her friend devotes her time working for her disgraced sheriff father as a private investigator. She works with him and helps various clients solve their problems. I was a bit happy it wasn't a murder of the week. Most of these shows seems to go that way. Every week there is a new murder. It makes sense in some shows, but it does get a bit annoying. Each case is rather unique and fun.

For the next bit I am just going to give a small description of each season's mystery arc. If you want to get to the meat and potatoes, just skim. There are no spoilers in this spoiler tag. It's just to save room and makes it easier to just skip over if you choose too.

Contains no real spoilers I promise
Spoiler:

Now to the meat and potatoes.

Veronica is a badass. She is also someone you would never want to make angry. I love her personality and she is hot. Her relationship with her dad is brilliant and always fun to watch. She is smart, she is quick with a joke, and is well it's hard to describe her. I also love how every so often a side character will bring up how her methods of getting even are a bit extreme for them. But that's sorta what I like about her. I also love the fact that where ever she goes, she always seems to make enemies. You know there was this one dream sequence of what her life might have been like if Lily was never murdered... and oddly she ends up with logan in it, everything just felt off. In the flashbacks in season 1 she really was a different person. Maybe it was the hair, but she seemed far more interested. It was then I realized, despite how crappy her world was, she was probably better for it along with other people.

Keith. To find out what is happening to him at the end of season 3, and that he lost the election in season 2 was just a sad thing. He would have made Neptune a better place no doubt in my mind. He is a great detective and overall just a great dad. He would have my vote.

Cliff. yeah he was a minor character at best. You may not remember his name, but he is the go to guy if you need a free lawyer for legal problems. He defends Logan, despite Cliff urging him to find a 'real lawyer' and scenes with him in it were always fun.

Wallace. Watching him go from this reluctant sidekick of Veronica to someone who can do some good detective work was always great. Kinda sad that he wasn't in Season 3 all that much. But then again I sorta wish we saw a more balanced relationship between Veronica and Wallace. I read a comment that it seemed one sided... and truth I have to agree to some degree. But I am just going to assume that the weeks and seemingly months between episodes its not so one sided.

Sheriff Lamb. I hated him. Well that's not entirely true. Overall he was a fun bumbling and crappy sheriff. How he got reelected is beyond me. But you quickly learn that after Veronica woke up and realizing she was raped she went to the Sheriffs office and Lamb was a complete asshole to her. No its not that he didn't believe her it was that it seemed like he was enjoying himself as she taunted her. During the season 3 Rape arc he even goes as far as imply that Veronica is crying wolf a second time. When he learns that she doesnt remember, he makes a comment that implies that perhaps Rape really means 'I regret having sex with someone' Either way. I hated him... sad to say his death wasn't rewarding at all. Would have loved to see him completely disgraced first.

Mac. She is an amazing character. I loved that she had a much bigger role in season 2 and 3 and she wasn't just a throw away character. She becomes the computer expert for Veronica. The Q to Veronica's Bond. or... I think I goofed up that phrase. A truly incredible character. Smile

Weevil. Can you believe I got to the Big Spoiler section when I realized I forgot about Weevil? Weevil was an amazing character. He starts off as the leader of the PCH Bike Gang but quickly becomes more then that. He befriends Veronica... at least the kind of friendship that can survive several accusations of various crimes. But as a character he really evolved into something far more. I really hated that he wasn't there for most of season 3.

Now for the love interests. Yup I will say that I am a hater of shippers... but the truth is... I am part shipper myself. I am what you may call a self hater. But the thing is I also love a good love story. Whether its a small subplot or a major thing.

Now this section may contain unintentional spoilers along with general opinion of the characters.

Duncan. Duncan is the brother of Lily, Veronica's best friend, and boyfriend before Lily's Death. You know I never really liked him. Which is odd because at one point I was glad she chose Duncan over Logan. But then Logan at the time wasn't exactly high on my list. But overall I just don't really like him. He isn't a bad guy, he just sorta seems bland. I just couldn't see Veronica ending up with him.

Piz. We meet Piz at the start of Season 3 and it becomes obvious he has a crush on Veronica. Piz is the roomate of Wallace and the host of a radio talk show. Now again he wasn't a bad character. But I just really don't see him with Veronica. I mean they seem to work great together... Maybe I am suffering from Shipper Blindness... but there are moments where Veronica and Logan are together, even after breaking up, where she is just happy. Piz turns out to be the last relationship she is in as Season 3 ends... and with no fourth season. Sad

Logan.

It took me awhile to like him but in the end I was cheering for Veronica and Logan. Now Logan is the son of Aaron Echols a famous actor and... well no spoilers. He is the only character that seems capable of keeping up with Veronica. When things were going good between them, they were great. The problem with Logan as a character is that he spent most of the time depressed and looking sad. There were very few moments of just Logan and Veronica being happy. But as the series goes on Logan evolves into more then just the son of a rich actor. What I really loved is when Veronica confronts Logan about hiring a body guard to tail her around without her knowing. Oh yeah and in general he tends to screw up pretty big.

Here is why. At the end of the day he would rather have Veronica hate him then to let Veronica get hurt. He pretty much spells it out for her. Now if I were veronica, i'd probably be pissed too anyways. But it does show how much Logan actually cared about her... even if he was a bit misguided.

In the series finale there is a scene where Veronica warns Logan about how connected a certain someone was and why Veronica just sat there and took his verbal abuse because of it. He knew that she had made an enemy out of a very powerful person... he goes ahead and beats him up anyways. Again maybe not the best way to demonstrate his love... but it's also nice to know he would do anything for her.

Now sadly we Veronica and Logan shippers didn't get the onscreen reunion of them. But apparently, and I have only read this in a few places, that in a commentary on the Season 3 DVD. Implies that it was always going to be Veronica and Logan in the end. Which means, I can live with that. Not that I will care in a couple of days anyways. But for now its good to know they would have ended up together.

Now for the big spoilers.

Spoiler:

Anyways I have typed to much on the show for now.

Oh one last thing.

Vinny. I both like and hate him aswell. Great character and I really hate that he decided to run for sheriff. In fact if he does end up winning. I hope to god there would be a special election a few months later because... he would make A HORRIBLE sheriff. But he is a fun character.

Kristen Bell was fantastic in this series. She kept her emotions mostly bottled up. But when you see that bottle crack its heart wrenching. Sad

Also.

Veronica and Logan forever. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down