Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burn Notice

3 posters

Go down

Burn Notice Empty Burn Notice

Post by Unit7 Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:45 am

Been awhile since I talked about Burn Notice which is a shame because this past season has been fantastic.

Now for starters I still remember found it annoying that at first glance it was all over. The conspiracy that brought down Michael and Jesse and who knows how many could have been destroyed so easily.

Then we meet the man behind it all. Now if you are new to Burn Notice this will be big big spoilers. If you are up to date. then proceed.

Now out of all the villians and bad guys on Burn Notice Anson has to be by far the best. Some of his scenes are just chilling and the actor does such a fantastic job too. We have seen all sorts of characters as part of the conspiracy that brought down Michael, but none of them seem to compare to just how awesome Anson is. That scene where Anson tells Michael about his father, and how in the end he wasn't such a bad guy and regretted what happened and heavily implies Anson had him killed... that was such a fantastic moment.

Which brings up an earlier episode in the season where Michael takes on the persona of his father. The way his mother reacted to how well he acted. While the episode appeared more or less filler at first glance it seems to have a slightly more importance then just revealing more about Michaels child hood.

I also think that during the first few episodes of the series it was mentioned that Michael's dad had changed. That he wasn't the same man he was when Michael left to join the army. Or maybe I made that up? I don't remember its been awhile since I have seen the first season.

I guess what I am getting at is that I have enjoyed this subplot of sorts revolving around Michael and his dad. If I do remember the first few episodes correctly about this, then I would also admire them for being able to weave the story over the course of the series. I mean its easy to forget that michaels car was originally a project his dad worked on. I definitely remember Michael explaining how messed up the wiring and how unprofessional the state of the car was in.

... ok enough with that.

I also like that Anson is the first that seems to really have a hold on Michael. In the past Michael easily found ways to either out manipulate his other 'handlers' and keep up with him. It didn't seem to matter what they had over him or what they threatened.

While Anson has a huge card to play with the evidence against Fiona framing her for the murders of some security guards. But its more then that. Anson gets right under Michael's skin and with a few words can emotionally cripple Michael. I remember in one scene they are chatting, I think Michael had finished some task, and he brings up his father and talks and you see Michael just struggling.

The big revelation at the end of the episode where Michael has Vaughn brought to Florida wasn't that big of a shock for me. I always figured that Anson wasn't the type of guy to just retire after his lifes work was destroyed. I figured he was using Michael to slowly rebuild his organization.

But still it ended up being a great moment.

We also get to learn a bit more about the organization. I never considered how they managed obtain all their fun toys. Now we know they had legit businesses dealing with a variety of things. But I think that was obvious to anyone who thought about it.

Also I enjoyed how both the two CIA agents and Beatriz from Fall of Sam Axe showed up in the episodes. At first I almost didn't recognize them. I immediately paused the video and look it up. Razz

You know I hope they don't pull a 'last minute save' on destroying Anson just when everything is falling into place.

For two reasons.

1) Endings like that piss me off. The big bad has finally gotten everything together and for all of two minutes his organization/whatever is back on track and 'oh look... the good guys come!'

2) Without Anson and his organization screwing with Michael's life... it wouldn't nearly be as fun.

So while I hope Michael can get the evidence from Anson about Fiona... I would like to see Anson escape and finish rebuilding the organization.

Yup. Thats all I got for now. Smile

Then again even with Anson out of the way... they could have some fun with Michael answering questions about exactly what he did for Anson. Like say put a computer virus into the CIA computers and wiping out all connections and such to Anson... I mean that's not easy to just explain away.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Burn Notice Empty Re: Burn Notice

Post by Rex Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:14 am

Ok bookmarking this for later. I've been meaning to ponder over Burn Notice as well
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Looking forward to it. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:01 pm

Anson is a evil little creature. I love it! he outsmarted everyone.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Unit did u watched the finale yesterday?

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:37 pm

ayan wrote:Unit did u watched the finale yesterday?

No not yet. Wow is it the finale already?

I have gotten a bit behind on a few shows.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Unit7 wrote:
ayan wrote:Unit did u watched the finale yesterday?

No not yet. Wow is it the finale already?

I have gotten a bit behind on a few shows.

Yep Thursday was the finale! awesome episode.. You have to watch it soon.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Saw it last night...

I really can't wait until the next season. Very Happy

Will write more about it later. That is if I remember and I'm not lazy. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:06 am

Agreed. Very well done. I can't wait to see how Michael will get out of this one
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Boys did you watch the premiere Thursday? I saw it tonight on demand, and I thought it was well done and I can't wait to see the season further. I don't want to share details because I don't want to ruin it for you guys, if you hadn't still seen it.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:51 am

Yeah I haven't had a chance to watch it. Looking forward to it though. Burn Notice is always amazing.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum