Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuck

2 posters

Go down

Chuck  Empty Chuck

Post by Unit7 Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:11 am

Back around halfway through Season 3 I stopped watching Chuck. It was a mid series break and somehow my ability to 'forget about it until its back' went glitched up and it wasn't until almost halfway through season 4 did I even really remember about Chuck. Then I just let the episodes pile up and go for a huge marathon.

Well I am caught up and while I have a ton of stuff to say about the series, as you know its an amazing series.

But I watched the Christmas Special and I thought it was awesome.

Now at first I really didn't like this season. Mostly because 1) Chuck doesn't have the Intersect and 2) Morgan had the Intersect.

Now part of why I loved this series is seeing Chuck flash and freak out and flash and kick some ass. Then Morgan had it and I had a brief stint as the Intersect. While great for say a one episode type deal I really had no interest in rewatching a bumbling idiot when it comes to spy work again. But that story arch was actually really cool in the end. Also a great moment between Casey and Morgan.

I suppose it was an enevitable bit of story telling that Chuck would lose the Intersect, and from the looks of it, for good. Now I figure that ok it was to the point where Chuck needs to prove himself on his own and maybe have a season with a intersectless Chuck.(though I could argue that he has more then proved himself to potentially be a great spy without it before this)

But I have to admit, Chuck is badass because he doesn't NEED it. The Christmas special just proves this. The most memorable moments isn't when he is kicking the butts of a dozen men and storming a top secret facility with high end security... its when he uses his other talents and abilities to save the day. Everytime Chuck has a showdown with some villian, whether its Shaw or some other big bad, I get excited. Even if I had figured out what his plan was, I am still at the edge of my seat waiting for it to unfold.

But now we really see that he is starting to learn to fight without the Intersect. Back in the first episode when he fell over after spending... Well I think it was almost all night... after he first downloaded the intersect could you picture him actually going toe to toe with a highly trained spy?

If I thought the fight with Shaw when they both had the intersect was awesome, this easily replaced it. Shaw was supposed to be one of the CIA's best spies. Chuck, while not exactly beating him, showed that he is capable of defending himself and standing a good chance.

Now Shaw's plan was fairly predictable and so was Chuck's plan. But did I care? hell no. It was just a fun watch.

Though I have to admit, Shaw flashing like he did when he entered Castle brought back something thats been bugging me.

Why is it that everyone who gets the Intersect flash in such situations? I remember the episode where Chuck defuses a nuclear bomb with apple juice. That CIA chick literally flashes on how to shoot a gun when the target was like 5 feet away. Shouldn't shaw have... you know been able to out beat Sarah without the flash? Or is Sarah the better the better spy? o.O

Though I guess it was more or less a reminder to the audience that yes, Shaw has the Intersect.

Also Stan Lee is a spy.

Awesome.

Also the look on Chuck's face when the General kisses him was priceless.

Shaw was great in this episode. Gotta love how he keeps underestimating Chuck. He keeps thinking of Chuck as a guy who relies on the intersect and his two baby sitters...

As for the ending.

So whose baby is it? My first reaction was 'Wait did Shaw knock up Sarah?' then I realized... how would that even be possible? There was no big time jump that could account for that. Then I googled it and I slapped myself... well I didn't... ok now i have lightly... and realized that was just a red herring. Sorta like the ending of this seasons Dexter.(I'd explain my obviously fake theory, but I don't want to spoil that here)

Though I hope its not Sarah's... because that would just be odd. Mostly because Casey has already gone down that route. I mean what, is Chuck going to have a secret baby stashed away? (I can now see Jill coming back into the picture... I think that was her name. The girlfriend from Stanford?)

So that should be interesting.

Also on a side note. Is it just me or does this season seem to be relatively darker then the ones before it? I mean a lot of its the usual light hearted comedy action. But for some reason I just can't shake the thought.

So... yeah. Somehow a post about the Christmas special only covered a few things. But I thought it was great.

How I went so long without Chuck is beyond me. Very Happy

Also I have been having these strange cravings for Subway... I wonder why. o.O
(a joke... but no seriously that sounds good right about now.)

Last edited by Unit7 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Chuck  Empty Re: Chuck

Post by Unit7 Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:01 pm

I completely forgot about Jeff and Lester. Now their storyline this season has also been fun. For starters... Jeff was actually smart? o.O

But this episode they were epic. For most of the series they were bumbling idiots. It makes you wonder exactly why they are in the Nerd Herd in the first place. Now I mean the Nerd Herd isn't some elite computer expert. But you forget that they actually know what they are doing. I suppose even in his worst condition Jeff was good enough to keep his job and for Big Mike to overlook some stuff.

But it was hillarious when one of them mentions that the government has its best people on the job(when in fact its implied most of the CIA is actually drunk at various Christmas Parties) and there is that lingering shot of them working.

Then there is Chuck who actually has a relatively high respect for Jeff and Lester when it comes to their computer knowledge. Turns out... they are actually pretty good at what they do. Really good.

Yes Jeff and Lester are some of the best. Which is... scary. Razz

Speaking of computer smarts. I loved the episode where we learn that Chuck was once a rather infamous hacker by the name The Piranah. While it did at first seem to come out of nowhere... I suppose his hacking skills isn't really out there. Hell his Dad believed he had the ability to understand the workings of the Intersect. Great episode and gotta love his Routine with Chardanay aka his Thinking Juice.

Also great to see Freddie Wong make a cameo. Freddie played... Well Freddie the hacker Chuck was competing against. If you don't know who Freddie is, well hes a director/producer/special effects kind of guy.

He has a very popular youtube channel FreddieW. He has had some big names in the videos such as Andy Whitfield and Eliza Dushku. Most of his videos are action oriented, but they are done amazingly well.

Anyways.

Chuck is awesome. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:04 am

Agreed. This season has kinda lost me. I don't know I guess I just have grown a bit weary(and is it just me or does Sarah have less sexy outfits this season) but the Christmas episode was great. Shaw is always a great villain and the Ellie/Chuck moments are some of my favorites

And I have to say the General kissing Chuck? Awesome. Especially Sarah's expression when she found out.

Will probably add more details later one but this season I haven't been paying too close attention
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Definitely didn't have the best start. But once the Morgan Intersect was finished the season started to grab my interest more.

The relationship between Ellie and Chuck are always incredible. If Chuck were ever to get the Intersect, I always picture it as the result of Ellie. There would be something rather fitting about it. While I have resigned to the fact that chances are he wont be getting it back... I still have some hope. Razz

Relationships in general have been really well done throughout this series. I always wondered whether or not Casey and Morgan would ever become buddies. So this has been a really fun aspect of the past couple seasons.

Also as for Sarah... I guess you are right. But then again she does go nude in one episode... though I guess it was just blurred out. But going to hope that someday, somehow, there will be an uncensored version. Razz

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Chuck vs The Baby.

Well I thought it was a great episode. Good to see whatshisface from White Collar. Also its great to see Sarah being badass again... at least in the past. The game night in Castle was great and Ellie and Awesome... well that was just awkward and hillarious.

Though I still don't quite get why Sarah had to keep it that secretive from Chuck. I guess the past two seasons have been somewhat centered on Sarah and Casey becoming more human and less spy. Its sort of the reversal of what Chuck went through the first few seasons.

The ending was also great. Also it was neat seeing the director of the CIA again. In fact I had almost forgotten about him completely until I started rewatching. I was like 'Hey wait how is it that Sarah and Chuck work for the CIA if the General works for the NSA?' and then I remembered the whole joint project and the CIA guy died.

But that scene at first had me puzzled. I mean why was Sarah given a file on Chuck? Then I remembered like a minute later that 'Oh right... 5 years ago... well of course she was given a file on him.'

But great episode. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:08 am

You know I really hated that... uh... let me spoiler tag this first

Spoiler:

Ok I am done. Very Happy