Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Person of Interest

3 posters

Go down

Person of Interest Empty Person of Interest

Post by Unit7 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Needing something non-supernatural related to watch for a while I decided to give Person of Interest a shot. I remember seeing the poster and scratching my head 'Wait... is that Michael Emerson?' and when I found out it was, it went right on that never ending list of shows that I want to watch.

Person of Interest is about Mr. Finch, a mysterious multi billionaire/computer genius who has developed a computer that can predict terrorist events. While seeking out potential terrorist threats, the machine also predicts crimes that are considered 'irrelevant' towards national security(murder and such). Mr. Finch(played by Michael Emerson btw) decides to take the 'irrelevant' list and team up with a former CIA Hitman named Reese to try and prevent crimes from happening.

The catch? All the machine gives them is a social security number. They have no idea what crime is going to be commited and by who. Sometimes the SSN belongs to what will be the criminal, and sometimes the victim. All they know is that when someone's SSN is spit out by the machine, they are going to be involved in a crime. The rest they have to try and figure out before its to late.

Now. This show is amazingly awesome. Reese, the CIA guy, is such a badass. Not the most original backstory. Former CIA assassin loses someone he loves and ends up looking like a homeless drunk. But to get in his path is like trying to stand in the way of a wrecking ball.

Mr. Finch is also a fun character. I honestly have no idea what to say about him. But the interaction between Reese and Mr. Finch. Despite building a computer that actively monitors the entire nation(yup, big brother is definitley watching...) and knowing everything there is to know about Reese, he is a very private man.

Meanwhile there is also a homicide detective who is interested in Reese after he beats up a bunch of punks on the subway and then learns his finger prints are connected to various crimes across the world. Of course his methods of preventing crimes tend to leave a bunch of people shot(most are nonfatal) and the only description she can get out of any witness is 'Some guy in a suit'

Great show so far. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Person of Interest Empty Re: Person of Interest

Post by Unit7 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 pm

16 episodes into its first series and its still going strong. Person of Interest is just one hell of a thrill ride week after week. Michael Emerson continues to be amazing as Mr. Finch and whoever plays Reese continues to just be awesome.

The series now has at least 4 different storylines. Some the seeds have only been planted in one of them dealing with a mysterious female hacker who was able to be one step ahead of Finch. But there is potential and I want to see where it goes.

The second storyline involves the son of Finch's partner when he was developing the Machine. While for now that has somewhat concluded... but I wonder if he wont make a return after some discovery.

The third is a Mob Boss sort of character. Now that storyline was great. He has been quiet until this episode and his reapparance was just amazing. Again I am really looking forward to Finch and Reese clashing against this guy because he seems to always be several steps ahead of everyone.

Then there is HR. A group of corrupted cops and other government officials. Basically its fine to kill off a cop as long as its approved by these guys. There is just nothing they wont get their hands into. It actually wouldn't surprise me if that Mob Boss guy and HR are inleague with each other... but then again they seem to have ties into quite a few shady groups.

Then of course there are the standard episodes. Which continue to be amazing. Great storylines by themselves and with some of these other storylines mixed in... well its just a fun ride.

Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:49 pm

I actually watched every episode. The dude from lost is amazing, and the hit man isn't so bad himself. I wonder why he doesn't tell his friend's son about the machine though? I think the most interesting thing is that detective Carter works with Reese, and her partner Lionel also works with him, but they don't know about each other. I have to say the machine kind of creeps me out a little. I mean there are cameras every corner of every street watching your every move.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:51 pm

I watched only the first episode. Seemed quite good but I kinda forgot to keep watching. I am watching Sons of Anarchy now but afte I check out awake and Modern Family I'll get back to this
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed May 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Rex did you ever get around to watching Person of Interest?
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 am

Ok so I watched the entire first season and now I am up to the second one. It is damn good and may I say just how much I adore Amy Acker as the sociopathic hacker? She is awesome!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Damnit this reminds me I am once again behind. I did atleast see the season 2 premiere. Which was great watching Reese talking to the cameras and the Victim of the Week was just baffled.

Also I am enjoying Root... I think that's her alias. The idea that Finch actually created an actual AI is interesting. I don't think I ever really considered that. I mean I knew it was a very advanced AI coding but... well you know what I mean.

Until I see more I don't have much else to say.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 am

Root really got me hardcore into this show. I love Amy Acker! I know it's a tiny tiny chance but I hope she become a semi regular anti hero type like that blonde woman from last episode. I think it will be fascinating to see more of her semi psycho obsesion with Finch

And yes I do love the glimpses of the machine. It almost feels like the machine is Finch's little overpotective brother. The machine even tried to hook him with a girl Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:15 am

Sounds interesting... once again I haven't caught up.

So much to watch and so little time.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: