Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sons of Anarchy

3 posters

Go down

Sons of Anarchy Empty Sons of Anarchy

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:13 pm

I am hopelessly addicted to this show. And it's all my mom's fault. The only reason I started watching is because Katey Sagal is in it; she played Peggy Bundy on Married With Children. I still call her Peggy, even though she's Gemma on Sons. Hah

Sons of Anarchy is about a motorcycle "club", their families, and illegal activities. It's full of violence and sex. Drugs, revenge. Funny stuff, gory stuff. Lovely stuff; the main character, vice president of the club, Jax, is not difficult to look at, despite being a dirty biker dude. The first three seasons are on Netflix, that's how I spent my winter break.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_anarchy

Sons of Anarchy Sonsof10
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Sons of Anarchy Empty Re: Sons of Anarchy

Post by Rex Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 pm

I've been meaning to watch this for a long long long while. Now that it has your vote I probably will
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:28 am

Ok I started watching it. You are right. This si quite good. I am up to the third episode now
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:09 am

Holy crap I don't know who is crazier. Stahl or Gemma. Man what a bunch of psychos.

And I must say for a show focused on badass killer biker those guys hug a lot. There is an almost J.D(from scrubs) amount of hugging going on
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 pm

I started watching this show. I figure if you and rex like it I should give it a good chance. Actually I did give it a chance in January but I wasn't in the mood for it. Gave it a second chance and... I am hooked.

Also Katey Sagal is an incredible actress. That and for someone whose almost 60 looks great. Razz

EDIT: Damn that licking smilie can make things look soo inappropriate. Sad

I am on Season 4, I just can't get enough of this series.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:02 am

Nice. I just finished season 4 yesterday. Man Gemma is so crazy Wink
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 am

Rex wrote:Nice. I just finished season 4 yesterday. Man Gemma is so crazy Wink

Just finished season 4 a few moments ago. I have to admit I was expecting Tara to be dead by the end of this season. Almost from the start I had this image of how this series would end. It was perfect too. Then during Season 3 when Salazar(I think that was his name) began stalking Tara I realized... wait this show isn't about happy endings of any kind. In fact I was starting to get pissed that SAMCRO just couldn't seem to win anything. I had two distinct endings in mind for the series. The first had Jax finally making the Sons go legit. In the first 2 seasons this seemed to have been a major theme with the Book and all. Jax and Tara would become the new John(jax's real dad) and Gemma, only doing things right. The alternative is Jax actually dying to ensure that SAMCRO would go legit. With umm Tara living.

Not sure how well recieved she is amongst fans but she is my second favorite character and the only character I don't want to see dying. That and Chucky the former compulsive masturbator. So pretty much the entire Season 4 I was just waiting for her to die.

But the final image of season 4 was pretty spot on to my idea that Jax and Tara are the new John and Gemma. But the way Tara has been acting it makes me wonder how far did Gemma actually corrupt Tara? With a show thats clearly not about happy endings... even the great optimist inside me seems to be losing hope and the great pessimist is laughing evily. Sad

Also season 4's big twist that Romeo is working with or for the CIA was just a big 'Wait WHAT?' But it makes sense. Looking back the way they were handling Tara's assassination(looking for a better way to put it but failing at the moment) seems to make far more sense now. It also makes sense that its probably why the Hospital in Oregan wanted her. I think there were a few other small details.

You know I am actually happy to hear that there will be a series finale. Now its not that I want this series to end. But they seem to already know where this is going and are planning for it. This tells me that they know where the story is going. In fact the way the series has been handled its clear that they do have a nice road map. It also just a relief because this is definitely a series I don't want to get the axe before they get to finish.

Already I am interested in season 5. Mostly because of the lie about Clay's shooting and saying it was a couple of black guys.

Actually it now makes sense that almost the entire sheriffs department seems to be black(then again you only see like 3 people) Because of the lie, Tig decides to run down a couple of One Niners and completely miss. The girl turns out to be the daughter of some big time gang leader dude.

Now maybe this is where I wish I was writing the story, because it be interesting to explore the racial tensions both within Harmony and SAMCRO. I mean Juice was freaking the shit out when he thought the Sheriff guy who I forget his name(seriously I need to start remembering names) was going to rat him out about his father. It also would make the comment the Sheriff dude about how there were no 'brothers' on the wall.

Throughout the season, and I guess the series with all the racial slurs, they seemed to have been building up towards a more racially charged plot line.

Hmm...

Oh before I forget. I loved Lincoln Potter, the AUSA. I was so happy when Roosevelt(thats his name! Yay for wiki) told him that he was an odd dude. I am really hoping we see more of him. I also liked that they didn't forget about Hale. Potter walking into the council meeting with a bunch of sex toys. It was... my god that was just hillarious.

Ok I need to go to bed. I will probably continue this later. Seems like I have only scratched the surface on what I want to say. Razz

Oh and

THANK YOU CHORUS!! Seriously I may never have seriously considered watching this series if you hadn't made a thread here. It has been a nice constant reminder that I really should watch it.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 pm

I completely forgot that I posted about this, haha :p

Glad you guys like it! It really is a badass show. There's so much going on that it doesn't get boring. I've only seen bits and pieces of season four; reading your post, Unit, makes me want to get caught up.

Gemma is the shit! Hahah I think my favorite part of the whole series is when she nailed the chick who Clay banged in the face with a skateboard.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Oh I figured you'd have been caught up by now. Since we are the only ones on here that seem interested in the show I didn't bother to hold back any actual spoilers. Though not sure if I included many of them.

Yeah Gemma is definitely one of my favorite characters. When she hit that girl with the skateboard... oh wow that was just hillarious.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Lol Gemma decking her was one of the funniest moments. I mean I knew for sure that Gemma would beat her ass down but this? Lol so insane and so Gemma. You should check out Season 4. It's pretty good. And Jax takes only one really stupid decision.

And of course Gemma is as crazy as ever. Although to be fair that little bastard Abel stirred it all up
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:09 pm

I've only seen a few episodes of season 4. I know what's going on for the most part though; my mom filled me in :p I just have to get around to watching.

If I didn't care about having a criminal record, I'd totally whack a skank in the face with a skateboard. Haha! Only someone completely deserving, of course. Twisted Evil
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 am

Rex wrote:Lol Gemma decking her was one of the funniest moments. I mean I knew for sure that Gemma would beat her ass down but this? Lol so insane and so Gemma. You should check out Season 4. It's pretty good. And Jax takes only one really stupid decision.

And of course Gemma is as crazy as ever. Although to be fair that little bastard Abel stirred it all up

Wait what decision are you talking about?

Also I feel I should post this since we are all in agreement about how awesome that moment was.

Sons of Anarchy GemmahitsCherry
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:17 am

Wait what decision are you talking about?
Sons of Anarchy GemmahitsCherry

Awesome gif Smile

Spoiler:
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Spoiler:
Unit7