Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously what the hell is The Hunger Games

+2
Unit7
Rex
6 posters

Go down

Seriously what the hell is The Hunger Games Empty Seriously what the hell is The Hunger Games

Post by Rex Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 pm

And why is the internet full of screaming teen girls about it? Honestly I feel like the Twilight nightmare is starting all over again. I read the plot and it just seems like a western and downgraded attempt at mimicking Battle Royale. So can anybody tell why is there so much hype about it
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Seriously what the hell is The Hunger Games Empty Re: Seriously what the hell is The Hunger Games

Post by Unit7 Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Because its a popular book series? I been meaning to read them but they are written in present tense and that just sorta bugs the hell out of me.

Though now that you mention it. It does sound sorta like Battle Royale. Though I didn't think the two plots were that similar. Well other then a bunch of teens forced to fight to the death.

Actually since that really isn't a very common idea used it does seem like a bit of an attempt to mimmick Battle Royale.

You know I can't remember. In Battle Royale were they being watched by the public? I remember the Teacher guy was monitoring them but it left me with the impression that for the most part the whole thing was done behind closed doors. They were aware of it but... out of mind out of sight.

uh... that was a bit off topic. Well sorta. Because that was one big difference that I could think of between the two. In the Hunger Games everything is being streamed live to the public.

Apparently the author of The Hunger Games had never heard of Battle Royale until after she finished the novel. As they say there is no new idea, just new ways to spin them. or something like that. So I guess it could be true.

Well I will probably see it and eventually get around to reading the books. Just because a bunch of teenage girls are screaming and over hyping it, doesn't mean its bad.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Seriously what the hell is The Hunger Games Empty Re: Seriously what the hell is The Hunger Games

Post by Soap Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:58 am

ddd

Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:27 am

Tell me why I haven't heard about them... I should probably read them before I say stuff...

Btw when I saw the title of the post, I thought of actual people playing hunger games as a protest because they are locked up or something. I have seen a lot of articles on that recently.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:55 am

ayan wrote:Tell me why I haven't heard about them... I should probably read them before I say stuff...

Btw when I saw the title of the post, I thought of actual people playing hunger games as a protest because they are locked up or something. I have seen a lot of articles on that recently.

Woah, you must live under a rock. :p
Those damn books are everywhere. My mom read them, and like everybody else, said they were epic amazing awesome sauce. But like Unit, I couldn't get past the present tense. lol
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:48 pm

--

Last edited by Soap on Sun May 25, 2014 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 pm

PiperC! wrote:
ayan wrote:Tell me why I haven't heard about them... I should probably read them before I say stuff...

Those damn books are everywhere. My mom read them, and like everybody else, said they were epic amazing awesome sauce. But like Unit, I couldn't get past the present tense. lol

Hahaha I live in the Midwest! that sort of counts as under a rock. tongue

Wow! are they that famous? I guess everyone has heard of them. I am going to have to read the first book I guess.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Soap wrote:Yeah, the idea has been done.

I read them, and the first wasn't that bad. In order to keep their society happy they have these games of survival and as Unit said, they stream it live.

I think the author was under contract and had to keep writing the series so she never really could just end it at that book. I had to put the last novel down, it was pretty awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgssLmsOa2s Check out the trailer.

Wow! the trailer looks alot like the one of Twilight.. It sort of reminded me of a book I read recently called Matched.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:10 pm

edit

Last edited by Soap on Sun May 25, 2014 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:41 pm

ayan wrote:
PiperC! wrote:

Hahaha I live in the Midwest! that sort of counts as under a rock. tongue

Wow! are they that famous? I guess everyone has heard of them. I am going to have to read the first book I guess.

Yeah, they're like Twilight in that regard. They don't exist until you've either heard about or read tham, suddenly they're EVERYWHERE. At least for me. XD
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Funny how that happens. It wasn't until I read most of Twilight did I start to notice the word Chagrin. Suddenly I started to see/hear it everywhere.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Unit7 wrote:Funny how that happens. It wasn't until I read most of Twilight did I start to notice the word Chagrin. Suddenly I started to see/hear it everywhere.

ye

Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:08 pm

I just read the first book, and it wasn't so bad. I don't want to read the rest though.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 am

Ok so maybe I would have to change my mind about watching this movie

Seriously what the hell is The Hunger Games 59304-1

Whoa...just whoa
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum