Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones Season 2

3 posters

Go down

Game of Thrones Season 2 Empty Game of Thrones Season 2

Post by Unit7 Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Game of Thrones Season 2 Avatarfoamingmouthguy

Last edited by Unit7 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Season 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones Season 2

Post by Rex Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:06 am

Nice! Can't wait for it
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Starting to think I should have posted more then a trailer and that gif. However when I finished watching that trailer thats the image that came to mind. Razz

I am really excited for this season and it continues to look so promising. I was so bummed when I realized April comes after March. Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:29 am

I will get to putting down my thoughts on the first episode but... someone just gave me a link to view the second episode early. Very Happy

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/player/filebox.php?id=l0c0i5vwr9pg

Not sure how widely this is available or how long this link will work. However I thought I'd share it anyways.

Finished it.

I have to say I enjoyed this episode more then the premiere. However the first episode was good, but for some reason it felt like it jumped alot for some reason.

The ending of episode two was... well it was definitely something I was not expecting...

Oh and Theons ride with is sister... That was both awkward and fun to watch. Though I never paid much attention to Theon's actor. But he is doing a great job. It's sad that later on in the series we will lose part of the fun of his point of view chapters.

. Though for some reason it feels odd that Daenerys storyline has had only like a few minutes so far. I'd have thought they would have reached the deserted city by the end of the second episode. Then again not much actually happens to her towards the end of the book anyways. But I guess in the first season Daenerys storyline had a larger focus.

Speaking of which. I really really can't wait until season 3 and the start of her Slave Rebellion. I will be sorely disappointed if some of the battles are ignored. Sad

I'll have more to say both on the first episode on and this one. a week and a half before episode 3 airs... The disadvantage of leaked episodes. Sure its great seeing it before it airs, but it also means a longer wait before the next episode. Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:40 am

I know what you mean. I felt the same way when I people told me about Legend of the Korra. I thought sweet the first episode is out there and while basking in the awesomness of suddenly whoa.....episode 2 is out there as well!!!

And yeah. I think they are trying to start off the storylines for this season. In episode two we got the ball rolling.

Lol yeah. His sister takes messing with her little brother to a new and very disturbing level

Is that when it was? It's been a long long time ago since I read the books. I thought it was to be this season. Still I am really glad that from what I hear the ratings are going up. Maybe this will mean they will have more money and have a better opportunities for the major battles

By the way did you notice the new awesome addition to the cast? She was there barely for a moment but it was so good to see her again. I missed her
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Rex wrote:

Lol yeah. His sister takes messing with her little brother to a new and very disturbing level

That must have been really really embarrassing. Not exactly the story you want told to grandchildren. Razz

Is that when it was? It's been a long long time ago since I read the books. I thought it was to be this season. Still I am really glad that from what I hear the ratings are going up. Maybe this will mean they will have more money and have a better opportunities for the major battles

Nope, it's in the next season. But then again maybe it's something they will change from the books or beable to squeeze it in. Either way I am looking forward to it.

Also I am interested in where they are taking the Jon Snow storyline. I don't remember Jon following Kraster out into the woods and being caught. But then again maybe he did, it's been awhile since I read the second book.

By the way did you notice the new awesome addition to the cast? She was there barely for a moment but it was so good to see her again. I missed her

If you mean Hannah Murray, who played Cassie from Skins. Then yes. Well no. Actually I didn't recognize her at all and someone else pointed it out to me.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:49 am

I just got done watching the first episode from Season 2 again and I was far more impressed with it the second time around. When I first watched it I felt disappointed. It's not that it was bad but it did feel a bit dull in places and nothing was really happening. I guess it was just sorta setting things up. I enjoyed it but after a second viewing I appreciate it much more.

I did love that everyone seems to be teasing Cersei and Jaime about their relationship. From Littlefinger and rob to Joffrey himself.

Speaking of Littlefinger. While I loved his conversation with Cersei his voice seemed different then it was in season 1. I can't quite put my finger on it though. Maybe it was a bit deeper or he switched up his accent a bit. Not sure. Oh and I couldn't help but notice he seemed to drag out his Ss. But that bit about Power was great. I think I lean towards Littlefinger on this one. Knowledge is power. It might not be as quick as say four armed men.

Stannis. I loved the scene where he was writing the letter. At first I thought it was clever that while villifying Jaime he was also pretending to show him some respect by adding his title as knight. But if he really was clever he'd probably at least lie about his love for his brother.

I also think he should have just given up the North. But hey It's not like an ancient enemy isn't planning to return and destroy Westros or anything. Oh and it's not like Winter is coming... Oh wait. I really love that about this series. The reader/viewer knows that all this fighting and killing couldn't have happened at a worst time. I mean I get that no one actually believes in the Others anymore.... but still starting such a war when Winter is around the corner and arnt they supposed to be brutal enough?

The poison part of this scene was well done. I loved that Mellisandre slowly drank the poisoned wine after the Maester was showing the effects of the Poison. If there was someone in that room who doubted her power they arn't any more. I also liked that they made the ruby around her neck glow. Small detail, but a nice touch. Wasn't sure if they'd bother to put add it in. Smile

There was always one thing that bugged me about Mellisandre though. Why exactly does she believe Stannis is the chosen hero of her God? More importantly why does Stannis foolishly believe her? While I get that it be a nice confidence boost when you are about to declare war. The allure of the idea that some God has chosen you above all else must be strong. But... in taking up the God of Light and forcing his army to follow them... he has allienated just about everyone else in the Kingdom.

I mean hey I am all for freedom of religion. But when most of your future subjects believe in one Pantheon it's not exactly a good idea to start marching under the banner of a new God. But I suppose our History is full of such things.

But that's a bit off topic.

Bran and his Dreams. I always wondered how they'd end up doing the whole skinchanger/warg sequences. A lot of the time when you see the point of view from an animal they do some funky visual effects. I am glad they went with something simple. I loved the camera work. It felt as if you were seeing from a direwolves point of view.

I also enjoyed the brief discussion of what the red comet means. I remember in the books the first few chapters usually mentioned the comet and each character wondering what it meant. This was another detail I wondered if they would leave out.

Jon Snow. Not much happened with him. Though I did picture Kraster or is it Craster. Anyways being older and uglier looking. Still... one of the more disturbing places we have seen so far.

Oh Daenerys. The dragons look great. More importantly I thought the actress did a great job of acting as if they were actually on her shoulder. But again nothing really happened. Well I'd like to point out that the death of her horse probably should have had a bigger impact on the audience. The whole relationship between Daenerys and Drogo seemed to be far more... abusive then it was in the book. While I wouldn't shed tears... it just felt like it was just another horse. Would have been nice if there were more loving moments between Drogo and Daenerys. But maybe that was just me.

Tyrion and Shae. He really has fallen for her. I really enjoyed the small scene between them in his room. Sure there was alot of great moments with Tyrion in the first episode. His arrival in King's Landing and insulting Joffrey. Him walking in on the Small Council and kissing Cersei's cheek and acting as he owned the place. Hell there isn't a scene with Tyrion that isn't enjoyable. But my favorite is the one in his bedroom with Shae. But then I have always had a soft spot for scenes like these.

Speaking of Cersei. I think I forgot about something. The slap! Though the scene was great during the first watch. It was sad on the second. I mean who could forget Tyrion slapping Joffrey? Cersei probably delivered the last slap to Joffrey... which makes me sad. Because all you want to do is strangle that asshole.

But as much as I want to Strangle him... I do love his character. He is one of those villians you just love to hate. Well I do anyways. Smile

One last thing.

I really loved that they actually showed the purge of Robert's Bastards. In the book I don't think it was actually shown at all. Only mentioned in passing. But it really sets the tone to just how cruel Joffrey's reign as King will be.

Oh that and Cersei telling the captain of the guards to close off the gates to peasants...

Yup. Living in Westros under Joffrey is going to be brutal.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:18 am

Tonights episode was fantastic and horrifying. Last weeks episode was also great with Tyrion feeding the council wrong information to try and see who is Cersei's pet and other things(I am a bit foggy on the details)

But this weeks episode... wow. The scene after the battle... which we don't get to see unfortunately... we get to see Bolton trying to persuade Rob into his favorite past time... flaying people. We are reminded of just how brutal medical treatment was not so long ago. At least now you can be put under if you need to lose a foot. Hearing that saw... ugh. That medic/healer or whatever you want to call her offered Rob some stuff to consider. What does he plan to do once he wins and is it worth it in the end? If only Joffrey or Stannis would allow Rob to remain King of the North.

Joffrey. Damnit. The actor who plays him is way to good. The scene where he is humiliating Sansa was hard to watch. Luckily Tyrion was there to save her along with Bronn. The next scene where Joffrey enjoys his name day presents was hard to watch. It was just too brutal. Though I do like that Joffrey loves the Crossbow. I was never really impressed with Crossbows.

The scene with Tyrion and Lancel was hillarious. Poor Lancel. But then again if you sleep with the mother of monsters... chances are you will live to regret it.

Seriously. Lord Baelish's voice is bugging me. It seems to change from scene to scene and line to line. But then I am rewatching The Wire where the same actor plays a large role in the last 3 seasons.

Arya at Harenhaal. That place is creepy and lives up to the reputation it has in the books. The torture scenes were also brutal. You don't see much. Other then a rat being put into a bucket that's strapped to a guy's chest and the bucket being heated up. But the idea of a rat gnawing at your stomach to try and escape the heat is... well it has me squirming in my seat. Gotta love that Tywin would both be happy and pissed to know that Arya is now his cupbearer. Though not sure if Tywin knows yet that Arya isn't in his daughters care. I really am enjoying Arya this season. When Tywin says she is a girl, Arya doesn't seem to flinch. I knew there was a reason I loved that character.

Dany. Finally we get to see Qarth... at least part of it. That whole scene was shot perfectly. Dany was struggling to keep in control and you can see her strength fleeing from her. The speech about returning to Qarth when her dragons were fully grown was great. Every bit of strength she once had as Khaleesi seems to have fled her after being in the desert. Sounded as if she were trying to convince herself more then the Thirteen. I hated that we only got to see a glimpse of the city through the gates. I want to see more of it. Very Happy

Mellisandre(sp?) ... Yeah I was always a bit scared of that one. The whole birth scene was... disturbing. Once I saw Stannis and Renly talking. I knew that scene was going to be the ending... It was a great scene but just soo soo disgusting(and yet i loved it). It's funny. I remember this was the scene that really had me against her religion.

Next week I hope we see more of Theon and Jon. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:41 am

Agreed!

I can understand why we don't see a bit battle and yet I am glad with the results. We still got to see the aftermath. I don't rememebr this seeimngly introduced love interest from the books but it was interesting to see . Especially her medical skills. You are right times were much tougher. Wow this reminds me of this article. Ouch can you imagine having this guy as your doctor? http://www.cracked.com/article_19569_5-insane-doctors-from-history-who-put-house-to-shame.html

As for Joffrey...Bronn put it perfectly
Game of Thrones Season 2 Tumblr_m2xzu38RIA1qe3bmmo1_500

That little shit did the impossible. He ruined a scene with hot lesbians. This is a crime against humanity
By the speaking of actor did you hear that in reality he is studying theology and seems a bit like a hippy?

Tyrion was beyond perfect. He completely rules every scene he is in. Seriously if they do an episode entirely composed of Tyrion I wouldn't mind at all

Arya is keeping a consisten level of cool. I do wonder how they will deal with her in the next series. I really am not a great fan of what they did with her in the books(yeah it has potential but so far it's way too slow) but the actress is brilliant and who knows what she can do with it

Oh man you are so right. I loved this scene. You could see how weak and insecure she felt at the beginning but the dragon inside her awoke and you could see the real Queen inside her. Seriously with her as Queen and Tyrion as hand the Kingdom would be the luckiest it can be

Melster is really creepy that's for sure. And I really like her abilities

I am not really into Theon. He has a way too big douche vibe but I really want to see Jon. This season he has been quite strong
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Before I make my reply. I just remembered something about last weeks episode. While I loved the scene between Renly and Maegery Tyrell... Maegery wasn't exactly how I pictured her in the books. I guess I pictured a more Sansa like character... but then I was hell bent on hoping Cersei was just a paranoid bitch about her.

Oh and one thing. This is the one show where I seem to actually know the characters names. lol

Yeah. They did a great job of implying it was a big battle and we do get a great view of things after it was over. Still I just hope they show the battle at Kingslanding. Because I'd actually like to see Tyrion kick some ass instead of falling face first in the ground. Razz As for that Doctor... damn.

Yeah they did seem to set it up as a possible love interest for Rob. Which I won't mind. Though in the books I don't think this scene happened at all. But they might aswell make it happen. He does get married to someone he wasn't supposed to in the books.

Bronn has a way with words. Razz

Yes. I haven't met a single fan of the show or the books who doesn't like Tyrion. He steals the show and there should be like some spinoff series. Razz

I am not a big fan of where Arya's character has gone in the books either. While I do love the idea of Arya becoming a complete bad ass... I just can't see her remaining with the Faceless Ones. I just can't see any Stark being like that for too long. While I do find her chapters fun. but her storyline is moving dreadfully slow. But yeah the Actress is amazing. I am looking forward to what she does with the rest of her career. She may just be one of the few I'd follow closely.

The Mother of Dragons and the Imp ruling Westeros. Hell it's probably the only way the Seven Kingdoms will survive in the end.

I wasn't much of a fan of Theon. But I realize that his storyline with raiding the coast might provide for some small but fun battles.

But Jon has always been a favorite of mine. He's probably one of the strongest characters in the series. He saw what the Wall was like before he said his vows. He knew life wasn't going to improve much and he could have walked away.

EDIT:

Almost forgot about Joffrey. Actually I would never have guessed. It's rather interesting learning just how different the actor is from the character. Which in this case is great. He pulls off the whole evil bastard character to perfection.

Also yeah. How could he be so evil and ruin a perfectly good chance at some lesbian action? I mean... come on! If there was ever a reason to hate him, this is it.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:14 am

This weeks episode was great.

Arya. The scene between her and Tywin was just.,. chilling. It's good to hear Rob is thoroughly kicking Lannister ass out on the field. That smile when Arya was telling Tywin the rumors of Rob was a nice touch. But what was really great was when she told him 'Anyone can be killed' just sent chills down my spine and how the camera switched between Arya and Tywin's face was just great. She didn't flinch. Of course she did seem really nervous when one of the guys that she saved from the fire confronted her about the debt she owes the Red God. Also did I imagine it... or was she almost smiling when she realized The Tickler had died? Her actress continues to be fantastic.

Daenerys. Qarth really does seem like an interesting place. So many different cultures and outfits. I always sort of felt bad for Jorah. He loves Dany but she really just isn't in to him. As for the Dragons. I really wish they'd start to grow... in the books I think they grew a bit faster. But then maybe not.

Jon. Well ok this is more about Sam I guess. It's funny how well he is doing out beyond the wall. He is probably the biggest coward ever. But out there? He seems to be thriving. If his father could see him now the only way he'd recognize Sam is by his size. Things should start to get more interesting on Jon's part of the story aswell.

Theon. Damn him. I know what he is planning and I don't like it one bit.

Bran. I really loved how he described his dream and how terrified Osha was. Bran knows whats going to happen. He may not fully understand it... but he knows and the only person who will believe him is Osha. Speaking of people who would believe him. I am actually kinda disappointed Big Walder and Little Walder arn't in this. Then again where the hell is that boy and girl? I figured they'd have been introduced by now.

Catelyn and Brienne. First off Brienee is a badass. I guess this is more like how I pictured Arya instead of the path she seems to be on later in the series. As for Catelyn. I am actually surprised she didn't return to Winterfell. In the books she remains at Riverrun mostly because of her dying father. It's just... I don't know. She was never one of my favorite characters. It seems like everything she does ends up screwing something up often leading to a damn war. Sure I suppose Jaimie started the whole chain of events. Well ok it was actually Jon Arynn's killer. But... god I just can't believe she was dumb enough to kidnap Tyrion like that.

Speaking of Tyrion... His performance was excellent. I loved how he was enjoying the demon monkey comment until Bronn points out that the man was refering to him. But still. At the rate Cersei and Joffrey are running Kingslanding they'd either 1) be burnt to ash by wild fire or 2) have starved and rioted themselves to death while leaving the Iron throne heavily protected by unmanned war machines.

But his reactions to the Wildfire was also great. He seemed genuinely concerned and outright terrified when he learned just how much has been made. I would too if what's said about the wildfire is true.

I think that pretty much covers everything I wanted to say.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue May 08, 2012 8:41 am

Again and again I am impressed by just how amazing the actress who plays Arya is. It's so rare to see a child actor being this talented. Truly the scenes between her and Tywin are so perfect it's amazing. Just the body language, the expressions everything. And I love the fact that Tywin seem to respect her on some level. Call me crazy but I think he would have been really proud to have Arya as his daughter. Probably much more then with the failure that is Cersei. I think he can respect inner strength

Dany continues to be very solid. Her storyline is kinda slow right now but I can wait. I am curious about what happened with the Dragons. I don't think this was in the books

Jon is doing pretty good. I am curious to see his adventures with the redhead and I do love Sam. I also want to see more of him and Cassie

What I am surprises is that I actually like Sansa this season. She really grew up well as character. Caitlin is still kinda meh but Sansa well done

Dear god Theon is literally the definition of douchebag. Seriously everything he does seems just so pathetic

I don't remember the Walders but I am glad they escaped with Osha(also Osha has a nice body. I really gotta check out Harry Potter)

Brienne is awesome. I really want to see her storyline with Jaimie although there is still some till this if I remember right. But the actress is really impressive. She not only looks physically imposing but is also quite good at actual acting

I love Tyrion giving Joffrey another bitchslap. Man that was a long time coming. So good to see it and his whole performance continues to be solid. People should be throwing Emmy's at him. And I so love that he is finally appreciated. I have been a fan of his since Threshold (awesome series I think I might have mentioned it before) and he was awesome even then
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue May 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Rex wrote:Again and again I am impressed by just how amazing the actress who plays Arya is. It's so rare to see a child actor being this talented. Truly the scenes between her and Tywin are so perfect it's amazing. Just the body language, the expressions everything. And I love the fact that Tywin seem to respect her on some level. Call me crazy but I think he would have been really proud to have Arya as his daughter. Probably much more then with the failure that is Cersei. I think he can respect inner strength

Oh I know exactly what you mean. The scene where Pyter Baelish was visiting Tywin was just amazing. The way she avoided eye contact or even any real contact with him flowed perfectly. Almost like a dance. Not sure if that's the right way to put it. Also I would be rather surprised if Tywin didn't respect her on some level. He at least trusts her. Even after being caught reading the message, he turns his back on her. Oh and I loved Jaqen's reactions to Arya saying that the guy had to be dead now. Well I think that's his name.

Dany continues to be very solid. Her storyline is kinda slow right now but I can wait. I am curious about what happened with the Dragons. I don't think this was in the books

Yeah I don't remember that scene in the book at all. I know adaptions tend to stray from time to time... but this one caught me off guard completely because I just didn't remember this. But considering that Dany's storyline isn't exciting in this book I can see why they'd add this.

Jon is doing pretty good. I am curious to see his adventures with the redhead and I do love Sam. I also want to see more of him and Cassie

I got a little excited when I saw the red hair when she was caught by Jon because I knew exactly who she was... even if I don't remember her name. Though I am curious as to why Ghost wasn't obeying Jon. To me their relationship seemed the strongest out of the rest of them. My guess is that he is mourning what has happened at Winterfell and is worried. But then maybe not.

What I am surprises is that I actually like Sansa this season. She really grew up well as character. Caitlin is still kinda meh but Sansa well done

The scene where she is almost raped was incredible. The Hound is just a badass. Other then Tyrion he seems like the only one who cares at all about what happens to Sansa. Well aside from having the advantage of her being a hostage.

Dear god Theon is literally the definition of douchebag. Seriously everything he does seems just so pathetic

Agreed.

I don't remember the Walders but I am glad they escaped with Osha(also Osha has a nice body. I really gotta check out Harry Potter)

Well they had a minor role. But I where is Jojen and Meera? They really should have been introduced before Theon took Winterfell. It be a bit weird for Bran to just be on Hodor's back traveling North beyond the wall... So heres hoping they just randomly bump into them while outside of Winterfell. If you don't remember who they are. Jojen is this little kid about Bran's age who always seemed wiser then he should be. Meera is his older sister and more of the warrior type. Together they teach Bran about his warg abilities and about the Three Eyed Crow and his dreams in general.

Oh and... yeah Osha has a really nice body.

Brienne is awesome. I really want to see her storyline with Jaimie although there is still some till this if I remember right. But the actress is really impressive. She not only looks physically imposing but is also quite good at actual acting

Yeah that wont be happening until season 3 unfortunately. It will be nice to finally see more of Jaimie. He starts off as the typical blonde bad guy but once he became a more central character he gets far more interesting. Also Brienne is also a badass. I loved how she took down those knights so easily. Was kinda disappointed that we didn't see her in this last episode though.

As for Robb and that mysterious Medic. This actually makes sense. I was really curious about who she was because we don't see much of Robb in the series. But I remembered who he marries later on and how she had helped him while he was injured in battle. It's actually nice that they exanded upon this character.

I love Tyrion giving Joffrey another bitchslap. Man that was a long time coming. So good to see it and his whole performance continues to be solid. People should be throwing Emmy's at him. And I so love that he is finally appreciated. I have been a fan of his since Threshold (awesome series I think I might have mentioned it before) and he was awesome even then

I had completely forgotten that he was in Threshold. I think maybe it's time for a rewatch.

But Tyrion continues to be amazing. We didn't see much of him but what we did was incredible. Always love to see him bitchslap Joffrey.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 14, 2012 1:23 am

Holy crap did you see this episode!? It was so good . I am still astounded.

I am rather confused about the Danerys(for god's sake I will just call her Dany) and I can't wait to see more of it. I wonder just what kind of a deal the Undying made with their new "king"

Jon Snow and hot redhead was nice and quite funny

The Hound and Sansa were interesting but what truly blew me away is just how good Cersei was in this episode. First with Sansa and then on with Tyrion she really gave a heck of a performance. If they wanted to go for the whole humanizing thing they really did it.

Unlike with Jaimie. Now that was a very interesting turn. First give him this buddie moment and then show just how much of a remorseless killer he can be. I am not sure if now they will start his story with Brienne that I remember from the books but I hope they do because this might be awesome

And of course Tywin and Arya going another round. It was so good to see this. It's so very interesting how he treats Arya as the only one worthy of his time and words . I wonder if he sees it as a game. I am guessing he suspects that she is not who she claims to be for a long time now and now he sees her as a puzzle. I also really adored Arya's admiration for the great warrior women of the past. It's good to see a glimpse of that old happy child she used to be. And also good to see the other side how she longed to kill him

You know I know it's wrong but I kinda enjoy Tywin more then Ned.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon May 14, 2012 3:27 am

Yes I did see this episode. How couldn't I?

Yeah Daenerys's name isn't exactly easy to spell. Well it isn't hard I suppose. But I always have to look it up. Also. I don't remember that happening at all in the book. Not that I don't mind. As far as I know Qarth doesn't play any role after the book and it was always more of a stepping stone. Changes like this I really don't care about. It's when things that change future plots... like the missing Jojen and Meera... then it annoys me.

The House of Undying should be a fun scene. I think it shed some light on Raeghar. That's the one thing this adaption has somewhat failed at. Throughout the books the story of Raeghar and Leanna always seemed to be important throughout the books. At least to me.

Jon Snow and Red Head. I forget her name. But I loved when she said "You know nothing Jon Snow" I never knew why until now why I loved that line. But now I realize it reminds me of the words that haunted Ned Stark. "Promise me..."

But yeah. The scenes between Jon and Red Head were great. I am really looking forward to the time Jon spends with the Wildlings.

Cersei was great in this scene. I also really enjoyed that Shae and Sansa seemed to have formed a friendship. It's nice knowing she isn't completely surrounded by enemies.

But yeah. It's always fun seeing Cersei and Tyrion sharing the same scene together. They are just amazing together. Whether they are enemies fighting each other or talking like in this case where Tyrion is trying to comfort her.

Yeah what Jaimie did was brutal. It makes me wonder if he even remembered the poor guy. Probably not. But that really showed just how easy killing can be from him. But I also loved his conversation with Catelyn about vows. It's funny. Jaimie is cursed for being a Kingslayer... but people seem to forget which King he killed. Everyone wanted him dead!

I guess it doesn't help that despite being the honorless he has kept is vow to keep the King's secrets. Jaimie really did turn out to be a fun character.

Oh and his comments about Brienne. Their storyline should really be fun. It should probably start at the end of the season. Though not sure if it was at the end of book 2 or the start of book 3.

Arya and Tywin. I am really sad that this storyline is coming to a end soon. At least I think it does. I actually don't remember when she leaves Harenhal But each scene is amazing. It is funny that Tywin does seem to have more respect for Arya then anyone else. Most of the time he is making everyone feel like dirt. But not Arya. Sure he is probably in it mostly because Arya is a neat little puzzle he wants to figure out. But it seems like he'd be proud to have her as a daughter... I really want to see Tywin's face when he realizes that was Arya Stark. Though not sure if he ever does figure it out.

Also I think that's why Arya's storyline with the Faceless has bugged me. Then again maybe I already mentioned this in a previous post. I'd rather see a badass warrior Arya then a badass assassin Arya.

Yeah I sorta agree about liking Tywin more then Ned. Both great characters in my opinion. But I am liking Tywin more and more. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 24, 2012 12:01 pm

The last episode was good but didn't really take my breath away. It felt more like a setup for something that would be truly epic. Can't wait
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Thu May 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Dude. The whole Tywin-Arya thing is my favorite change from the books. Their scenes together are some of the most dynamic, and it really gives you a sense of who Tywin is, before he goes to King's Landing, where he will play a character that foils both Cersei and Tyrion. Developing him as a character is going to make the KL Tyrion story more engrossing. I do regret Roose Bolton not playing such a big part. He was majorly and awesomely creepy. It's for the better though since the whole red wedding thing doesn't require having a intricate backstory of the Bolton's. Him appearing slightly untrustworthy is probably enough.

The change they made to Jon and the Halfhand's story is kind of lame, in my opinion. Makes Jon seem a bit stupid. It's bad enough the character is insipid. His is my least favorite character interpretation. He has none of the books character's fire. Sad And I hope to god that is the last time I hear Ygritte utter those words. Martin went a little overboard with that in the series.
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum