Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eureka Season 5 Premiere.

2 posters

Go down

Eureka Season 5 Premiere. Empty Eureka Season 5 Premiere.

Post by Unit7 Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 am

I had completely forgotten to check to see when the season 5 premieres. It wasn't until like friday did I see a commercial for it and then I forgot all about it. Then tonight I was seeing what was on and... there it was!

I loved the premiere. It starts off 4 years after the disappearance of the FTL ship and it's crew. To the crew maybe no time at all has passed. While they were gone there were some serious changes. Mostly? The AI has pretty much taken over GD and well perhaps the world.

I really enjoyed the whole AI takeover. Andy makes for a great villian. Him and his army of clones... wait. Can robots have clones? I guess they are just replicas. The whole episode was full of this nice tension. The crew are only slowly realizing something is off while Carter and everyone else seem scared shitless whenever an AI is around.

Though throughout the episode there seemed to be some serious plotholes. For starters how on earth did the Government allow GD to be run by AI in the first place? I had hoped maybe during the 4 years Carter couldn't save the day and something went horribly horribly wrong. Then of course there was the whole Jack Lupo thing... yeah. That just seemed waay out of place. Though I am sure the shippers were jumping for joy until the last minute of the show.

Also GD not experiencing any accidents? Please. I don't care how effecient the AI is at running the place. If there isn't at least 1 world threatening fuck up each month I call BS... ok maybe not a plot hole.

Then of course how easy they managed to bring down their AI overlords. In fact Zane points out how easy it was for them to gain access to the ship again.

while I did enjoy the episode I really hate that I ended up being right the second that ship vanished all those months ago. Those damned... what do they call themselves? You know that group Beverely was working for and whose people tend to pop up every so often for whatever nefarious scheme. I actually never understood what their purpose was. Probably the weakest part of the entire series. But it only made sense that they kidnapped. Though I didn't see the whole virtual reality type thing going on.

While I am very curious as to where this goes. I have to admit I wish they would have stuck with the whole AI thing. Who doesn't love the idea of AI becoming so advanced they start taking over the world? On the bright side atleast we got to see a giant version of that one flying AI. I forget it's name. but after it was introduced you see it in the background.

Also was a bit disappointed that aliens were not involed. That small 'flash back' Zane had I was thinking "YES! Aliens!" But nope. No Aliens, no AI take over. It's all about that group wanting GD's top people working for them without them realizing. A bit of a bummer... But the episode was great despite all of this.

Final season and I am both thrilled and depressed. Eureka is one of my favorite shows. I love just about everything in it. I know I can sit down put on a random episode and enjoy.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Eureka Season 5 Premiere. Empty Re: Eureka Season 5 Premiere.

Post by Rex Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:05 am

I had completely forgotten about it as well. I was very pleasantly surprised to see it on my torrent

And I have to say....I kinda love it. I was wondering what they were going to do for this season since last one it had...time for the finale vibe but I am loving this reboot. And I also loving that they pulled off a second reboot.

Now granted the biggest change is merley Jo and Carter but this changes massively the dynamic of the show. And I have to say that I kinda like Jo and Carter together. I thought it wouldn't work since they always had a more friendship vibe but so far I really like them together

As for the actual episode well done. Nice story,pretty damn good effects for Sy Fy and I also loved the ending. I thought there might be something like this when Zane got zapped so it was nice to see that it was true

I really enjoyed the whole AI takeover. Andy makes for a great villian. Him and his army of clones... wait. Can robots have clones? I guess they are just replicas. The whole episode was full of this nice tension. The crew are only slowly realizing something is off while Carter and everyone else seem scared shitless whenever an AI is around.
Agreed. And played it so well. Not just the subtle fear but the perfect way in which the AI ran things. We had Sarah keeping control over GD, we had Andie as the human interaction unit, we have the mini Martha's keeping an eye on everyone all the time, we have the huge Martha's and the Spider thing for massive firepower. Truly as far as brute force was concerned they had it pretty well made

while I did enjoy the episode I really hate that I ended up being right the second that ship vanished all those months ago. Those damned... what do they call themselves? You know that group Beverely was working for and whose people tend to pop up every so often for whatever nefarious scheme. I actually never understood what their purpose was. Probably the weakest part of the entire series. But it only made sense that they kidnapped. Though I didn't see the whole virtual reality type thing going on.

What I am not clear on is who is kindapped. There seems to be far more people in the matrix then the crew. This might also explain why Zoey and oh god I forgot his name aren't there. Maybe they can put artifical avatars like the little kid but they won't be able to duplicate someone they actually know so they avoid putting them in

And yeah they try going on more about then with Baltar's storyline but it never panned out. Let's hope we get something great from them this season!

While I am very curious as to where this goes. I have to admit I wish they would have stuck with the whole AI thing. Who doesn't love the idea of AI becoming so advanced they start taking over the world? On the bright side atleast we got to see a giant version of that one flying AI. I forget it's name. but after it was introduced you see it in the background
That was really awesome! And I love that we still had the Spider things. They remind of the spiders that hunted Spiderman back in the cartoon

Also was a bit disappointed that aliens were not involed. That small 'flash back' Zane had I was thinking "YES! Aliens!" But nope. No Aliens, no AI take over. It's all about that group wanting GD's top people working for them without them realizing. A bit of a bummer... But the episode was great despite all of this.
Yeah I was also hoping for aliens once they landed(and awesome was Fargo)..aww shucks. Who knows maybe next season Smile

Final season and I am both thrilled and depressed. Eureka is one of my favorite shows. I love just about everything in it. I know I can sit down put on a random episode and enjoy.
You know if this had kept going the way they did like last season I would have been happy for this to be the final but after this great reboot I think the writers could pull 2-3 more seasons!

Huh apparently Warehosue 13 is not back yet
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Rex wrote:

Now granted the biggest change is merley Jo and Carter but this changes massively the dynamic of the show. And I have to say that I kinda like Jo and Carter together. I thought it wouldn't work since they always had a more friendship vibe but so far I really like them together

Same here. I never pictured them together. They seemed like they would make great friends. But never something romantic. But now that I have seen it I have to admit I do like it. At first it felt off like something was seriously wrong. But as the episode progressed it felt almost right. But I am more of a Jack/Allison fan myself.

As for the actual episode well done. Nice story,pretty damn good effects for Sy Fy and I also loved the ending. I thought there might be something like this when Zane got zapped so it was nice to see that it was true

My guess is that because it's the final season they decided to go all out. I thought it was a flashback. Something that happened during the four years. Preferably with Aliens. Well I considered that maybe it was Zane peeking into the real world or something. but for some reason that thought left as soon as it came.

Agreed. And played it so well. Not just the subtle fear but the perfect way in which the AI ran things. We had Sarah keeping control over GD, we had Andie as the human interaction unit, we have the mini Martha's keeping an eye on everyone all the time, we have the huge Martha's and the Spider thing for massive firepower. Truly as far as brute force was concerned they had it pretty well made

Martha! I knew it started with a M and was a girl name. You are definitely right. I loved that they keep bringing back the giant spiders. When it's shadow appeared in the window it actually surprised me. You just don't mess with those.

What I am not clear on is who is kindapped. There seems to be far more people in the matrix then the crew. This might also explain why Zoey and oh god I forgot his name aren't there. Maybe they can put artifical avatars like the little kid but they won't be able to duplicate someone they actually know so they avoid putting them in

When I watched I thought it was just the crew. But your right. It seems like they have kidnapped way more people then what was on the crew. In fact where was the rest of the crew? I thought there were more members then just the main characters. My guess is that the entire cast and some other characters were kidnapped before the Season 4 finale. Hell who knows. Maybe the whole Astraeus(had to google it lol) mission was part of the virtual reality as well. But probably not.

And yeah they try going on more about then with Baltar's storyline but it never panned out. Let's hope we get something great from them this season!

Wait... Holy crap. I hadn't noticed that they had the same actor. I do hope we get more from this mysterious group. It really would have been nice if they played a larger role in the past seasons.

That was really awesome! And I love that we still had the Spider things. They remind of the spiders that hunted Spiderman back in the cartoon

Oh I remember those. That spiderman cartoon was my favorite as a kid. Those things were cool. Very Happy

Yeah I was also hoping for aliens once they landed(and awesome was Fargo)..aww shucks. Who knows maybe next season Smile

Fargo was awesome in this episode. I remember thinking when he tried to get more sleep "Yup, that's Fargo alright" and then him trying to be the first on Titan... oh my god. Pure gold. Smile

You know if this had kept going the way they did like last season I would have been happy for this to be the final but after this great reboot I think the writers could pull 2-3 more seasons!

Yeah the last season wasn't all that great. But if the rest of season 5 is anything like the premiere I really hate to see this go. Ah but all greatness must end sometime. Sad

Huh apparently Warehosue 13 is not back yet

I actually forgot all about this show. Well sometimes I remember. I think I got to the first season finale and stopped watching. I watched a few episodes of the next season but after that nothing. I should catchup.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue May 15, 2012 2:47 am

Holy crap...did you see Allison's amazing body!? Can you believe that this actress is 45? She looks better then most 20 year olds
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue May 15, 2012 6:13 pm

I have yet to see yesterday's episode.

But now I think I should get to it immediately. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 24, 2012 12:01 pm

So impressed now Wink ?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum