Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reunion. 20 years, 6 friends, 1 murder.

2 posters

Go down

Reunion. 20 years, 6 friends, 1 murder. Empty Reunion. 20 years, 6 friends, 1 murder.

Post by Unit7 Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:43 pm

I stumbled across Reunion and realizing it was only 13 episodes long I decided to put the pause button on the show I was currently watching and watched this instead.

Reunion is about the story of 6 friends spanning twenty years after their high school graduation. At their 20 year high school reunion one of them ends up dead and the detective is convinced it was one of them and they are all covering for each other.

The series has a rather unusual format. Each episode takes place during a different year and covers the important details about the friends lives and how one of them ends up dead. Given this unusual format there are major gaps in the storyline and you only really get glimpses into these characters lives and you only ever get a very basic idea of what the characters are like in the present and where they ended up.

At first you do not know who was murdered. The victim is primarily just referred to as a 'friend' or a well victim. Slowly as the series continues you learn who is still alive and who ended up dying on the night of the reunion.

The series started off strong and continued to do so up until the last episode. The problem was... well you do the math. 13 episodes with each episode taking place in a different year... yeah. The series left out 7 years. When I found this out I was really bummed. I figured perhaps the last 7 years don't actually matter. That in 1998 the motive for the killing would be revealed and such.

I do love that the events of 1986 play a significant role in the entire series. They were highly important to a lot of what happens over the years.

No. This is actually the show that brought me to make a thread about cancelled shows.

There is also something else that bugs me. While I did enjoy the format of the series... it felt like a lot of what happened could have just been cut. They could have finished the actual story and well within 13 episodes. But... I guess without the final 7 years its hard to say whether or not everything has been building up to the murder.

So unless you were in Brazil during the time of this shows airing there... you may never have known who the killer was. That or if you didn't check the Internet.

The only problem I have with the killer is that... at the end of episode 13 it makes it almost impossible for them to have been the killer. Everything was set up for it sure... but without those 7 years. Who knows. One of the actors seems to have confirmed it. So who knows.

Worth a watch.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Reunion. 20 years, 6 friends, 1 murder. Empty Re: Reunion. 20 years, 6 friends, 1 murder.

Post by Rex Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:36 am

Can you give me a link? Tried 1channell but couldn't find it
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Reunion. 20 years, 6 friends, 1 murder. Empty Re: Reunion. 20 years, 6 friends, 1 murder.

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Rex wrote:Can you give me a link? Tried 1channell but couldn't find it

I think I ended up just torrenting it because I couldn't find it elsewhere. I also just don't remember where I torrented it from. Might have been pirate bay or somewhere else. =/
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down