Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desperate Housewives

2 posters

Go down

Desperate Housewives Empty Desperate Housewives

Post by Unit7 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:45 am

Well maybe not a must watch and no I am not joking. Seriously. But I would say it's worth giving a chance. A real chance.

You know I never thought I'd enjoy this show. I always passed it by thinking "Yeah right." But the truth was I never actually knew what Desperate Housewives was about. I thought it was this super serious drama about the lives of successful women or something. While not to far off... a lot of the times it's a nice blend of mystery, drama, and comedy... and a pinch of supernatural.

Desperate Housewives is the story of four friends living on a fictional street that's plagued by mysteries called Wisteria Lane. Each season has a central mystery often revolving around new neighbors... apparently suburban life can be quite dangerous.

The series starts off with the suicide of Mary Alice a close friend to the four main characters who then acts as a narrator telling the stories and lives of these four friends. Season 1 focuses on the reason why Mary Alice killed herself after recieving a note in the mail.

The Characters:

Susan Meyer a single mother, children book illustrator, and has the worst luck and timing.

Lynette Scavo who was a ad executive who was going places until she fell in love and had like half a dozen kids and now is a suburban wife who now spends her days trying to tame her children and emasculating her husband. Razz

Gabrielle Solis is a former super model who marries a CEO and spends her days cheating on him with the underage gardner. She is incredibly self absorbed and the typical stuff. But she ends up being a fantastic character.

Bree Van de Kamp. A mother who stepped out of the 50's. She is incredibly conservative, member of the NRA, and a republican(as she later points out when someone tries to go down on her) At first I really didn't think I'd enjoy her character. But alot of these traits are played for comedic effect.

Some of these characters I didn't think I would like but they all turn into such amazing characters. Most of the drama is never over the top and the mysterious are also fun. While they are never the prime focus of the season storylines. But they are interesting and add something different to the series.

I thought I'd have more to say and I guess I could write more. But for now this fine. Great series and I'd recommend it to just about anyone. Give it a chance.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Desperate Housewives Empty Re: Desperate Housewives

Post by Rex Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:32 am

I actually have watched. In fact I watched regulary(hey no laughing I was forced to yeah....) until like the third or so season I can't even remember anymore where it became kinda stale
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:49 pm

I never really thought Desperate Housewives got stale. I dunno maybe it's because I pretty much marathoned it in my free time. I have noticed that some shows while I do enjoy the wait between episodes doesn't seem worth it. So while I'll tune in if it's on TV or whatever.

Although I have to admit. I was a tad disappointed when Edie died. Not sure which season that was in.

Although I did really love the last season. Mostly because it was finally the main characters turn to be hiding a secret. That and I really loved the finale. Well not so much the finale but the last ten minutes or so.

Oh and... yeah. I am actually surprised that you have seen the show and once watched it regularly. A girfriend? Razz

But no judgement here. Mostly because the show ended up being one of my favorites... albiet a more of a guilty pleasure.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum