Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking Dead Season 3

3 posters

Go down

Walking Dead Season 3  Empty Walking Dead Season 3

Post by Unit7 Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:16 am

Thought I make a brand new thread. Because when the dead start to walk... nothing smells sweeter then a fresh new thread. Very Happy

Seriously season 3 looks like it's going to be amazing.

Last edited by Unit7 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead Season 3  Empty Re: Walking Dead Season 3

Post by Rex Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:27 am

Ok damn I can't believe I have't seen this earlier. I really gotta make up for the lost time on the internet.! It really looks epic. And it looks like it won't be as static as the last season and things will be on a much grander scale. I am also pleasantly surprised to see that it looks like my favorites will be alive for at least a few episodes. After watching the last season of Being Human I am kinda traumatized and paranoid about characters I love. Damn those British writers. They are sociopaths!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:23 am

Yeah I know how you feel about character deaths. Although I haven't actually seen Being Human. But I have had my fair share of favorites killed off. Sad The Walking Dead having claimed one of them. I forget that old guys name... but damnit that was sad. Sad

Back to Walking Dead. You are definitely right. This will definitely be on a larger scale and the storylines will probably be more complex. I loved season 2 for a bunch of reasons. But It's going to be really nice to have more characters involved. We've seen them on the road, trying to carve a small little paradise, and now we are going to see them interact with other survivors.

Also a prison. What a great idea for a place to set up. Though everytime I think of prisons in a zombie or post apocalyptic setting I always think back to The Stand by Stephen King.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Finally saw the Season 3 premiere and... wow. I am thinking that season 3 will be the best yet. The first episode was just... well amazing. It's not often that I get that tense from watching a horror movie or show and yeah several tense moments for me.

At first I was a bit stumped as to why Laurie was well... so big. I knew she was pregnant but she wasn't nearly as big when season 2 ended. Then I realized there was no snow and was all 'Oh right. They skipped winter."

Seeing as we will be introduced to small town that has survived I wonder how they are dealing with pregnancy. Laurie brings up a rather interesting point. Everyone is infected and that means that the unborn child is also... and... yeah. Though maybe they wont bring this issue up aside from Laurie.

Using a prison as shelter... I mean on one hand it would keep most walkers out... but I think they were stupid in their attempt to further clear the place out. Which brings up one thing that bugs me. One second there were walkers EVERYWHERE and they were coming from all directions. Next thing they were just... gone.

While a great fortification... clearing that place out would be painstakingly slow. They seemed to have rushed it a bit. Which I understand they are in need of some serious supplies. I think I'd have tried to barricade corridors I didn't go down. At the very least it would slow down any walkers coming from that direction. The prison probably has I dunno at the very least several hundred walkers in a confined space? That and from what I remember they didn't bother with the corpses on the ground. I probably would have 1) made sure they were dead dead and 2) remove them from the path.

Oh and... does Daryll use seperate arrows or bolts or whatever they are when he hunts for food? Because I'd imagine he'd try and reuse them as often as possible and... yeah.

Katana Chick and Blonde Chick I was actually really hoping they would have reached the Town by the end of the episode. Thats all I really got to say about them at the moment. Oh and Katana chick is a badass.

I don't quite understand why Rick is so cold and distant from Laurie... I didn't quite get the explination.

Carl is definitely different. It's odd thinking that he was treated as a small kid at the start and now he is actually allowed to take part in clearing out small buildings.

Oh and then the ending! How they managed to survive all this time inside that prison is... well impressive.

Oh and one last thing! I found it really amusing that there were prison guards in riot gear.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Gahhhh! Must....not....read!!!! I can't watch it on Sundays when its on because we don't have cable right now. I have to wait until Thursdays when I'm at my mom's doing laundry. Time Warner is shitty, but they're awesome for putting these shows on their "on demand" channels.

xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 am

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Gahhhh! Must....not....read!!!! I can't watch it on Sundays when its on because we don't have cable right now. I have to wait until Thursdays when I'm at my mom's doing laundry. Time Warner is shitty, but they're awesome for putting these shows on their "on demand" channels.

Aww you poor poor thing. Sad

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:30 am

Holy shit! They did it! They did it! They outright killed the " I am obviously going to betray you down the line" guy. Holy crap so good to see common sense for once!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Once again... where the hell did the zombies go? It seemed like they were going to be trapped in that room for awhile.

As for Common Sense... I wouldn't exactly call what that Prisoner did Common Sense. I mean seriously? What on earth made him think that it would be a good idea to betray the group that seems to know whats going on? Throwing a zombie at Rick like that? Dude... thats just stupid.

While yes it was a good move on Rick for obvious reasons... I am sorta disappointed that he did die. Could have been a fun subplot. Especially if he never actually betrays them. Would be an interesting dynamic.

Was also scary thinking that Rick could just let a person die like that even though so far he hadn't done anything. Just seems so different. Not in a bad way though.

I also feel bad for Carl. I understand what he did was stupid and dangerous but all he wanted to do was help. While I may not have been interested in him before now, I am looking forward to his storyline.

Was still sad we haven't seen the Town yet. But looks like next week we will see them. Which should be fun. For me anyways. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 am

Everything can be summed up in one sentence.

Walker heads in aquariums.

Perhaps one of the most disturbing scenes in the entire series. Oh and Merle is back with a freaking sword for a hand. I mean how bad ass is that?

I thought it was a great episode but I really hope they don't switch groups every other episode.

I got more to say but I gotta go for now. Sad

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:42 am

Walkign Dead has really been impressing me this season. The whole farm thing was kind of dull last season but this? It's pure awesome. And this time they really have no problem killing people. I mean T-Dog was just a matter of time but Lori? Hats off to this one. And a ballsy move to have Carl kill her

And I am quite fascinated with the Governor. I wonder if he is just a plain psycho or is there something deeper. I hope Michone(who I find awesome) gets to the center of it

And is it just me or would it be hilarious if at the end of the season she cuts off Merl's other arm? Probably just me
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:03 am

Rex wrote:Walkign Dead has really been impressing me this season. The whole farm thing was kind of dull last season but this? It's pure awesome. And this time they really have no problem killing people. I mean T-Dog was just a matter of time but Lori? Hats off to this one. And a ballsy move to have Carl kill her

And I am quite fascinated with the Governor. I wonder if he is just a plain psycho or is there something deeper. I hope Michone(who I find awesome) gets to the center of it

And is it just me or would it be hilarious if at the end of the season she cuts off Merl's other arm? Probably just me

I was actually sad to see T-Dog go. I was expecting his death for awhile though. But still sad to see him go. As for Lori... I have to admit I was also sorry to see her go. Though I was sorta hoping that when she died the baby would die. Cruel I know but I guess I am just not sure how they are going to handle it. Thinking about it just now though does give for some nice potential.

I have to say that was probably one of the most cruel things for Maggy to do. I was just staring at my screen thinking 'WTF is she doing? Take the gun and do it yourself." I am pretty sure he can hold the baby for a moment or two. but yeah. Real ballsy and this episode pretty much means everyone is killable. Which is kind of refreshing I mean the only character I see being 'unkillable' is probably Rick. The rest? Not a chance.

As for the Governor I am really looking forward to more of him. At first he seems like a great guy, the kind you'd want around when shit hits the fan. I am not sure if he is full on psycho or if he really is just doing the best he can. I do think some of his moves are definitely more to keep his power then anything else.

Oh I don't want Michone to cut off Merles other hand... that is unless he gets another sword hand thing in which case I'd be loving that. Michone is easily one of my favorites now.

Oh speaking of Michone I was always wondering what was up with those two walkers. It was seriously bugging me. But then I realized that they weren't going after her or anyone for that matter. I mean I would never would have thought to try and actually remove a walkers ability to eat. Hell I'd be to damn scared to even consider even trying.

Kinda cool how she pretty much figured out how to make them harmless pack mules like that. Could even be used as a disguise... soo much better then spreading walker guts on yourself.

Oh and I actually felt a bit bad for the two she had to kill. Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:36 am

Did that... uh... phone ring? Does it have any connection to whoever was watching Carol do the creepy anatomy lesson on that walker?

I am somewhat surprised the group even kept those walkers alive. I get that they were caged up... but again why not just kill em and be done with them? (I actually forgot that was a diff episode but still!)

Rick went all psycho and went on a Walker Killing Spree which was both fun and a bit terrifying to watch. Seriously though he needs new clothes.

Loved Glen's conversation with Old Guy(I forget his name atm)

Governor and his... uh kid. Now that is just creepy. I mean I can understand why he would keep her around but still. Its just not right and very very disturbing. So was the fight between Merl and Random Guy 1 with those chained up walkers. I have to agree with Andrea... it does seem like a way to desensitize people to walkers and make them a Joke. I mean sure its good to not shit yourself everytime you see one but you shouldn't underestimate them. Take the scene with Merl where he and a group check to see if they had caught a Walker. Though what was with them pulling teeth?

Michone. Badass. Need I say more? Though I can't blame Andrea for not wanting to leave though.

Ok that nursery place. I was really expecting a zombie baby the whole time. That would have been seriously fucked up and was kinda relieved they decided not to add one.

Oh back to Rick... I hate to say it but I am thinking he is not going to start off as a loving father towards his daughter. Something about stabbing that walker's fat belly was just disturbing. Though when I saw the blood trail I almost thought that Carl didn't actually kill his mother.

Great great episode. Best. Season. Ever.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:20 am

The second Hershel picked up that phone I knew how that would end... well actually I didn't know exactly. But I knew it was in his head.

Michonne... yup. Still a badass. I really got excited when she was spying on Glenn and Maggie. Even more so at the end of the episode with Rick staring at her as if unsure what to think. Then again considering the walkers didn't pay her any attention I would too. But it was also a nice bit of a call back to season 1 when Glenn and Rick smeared Walker Guts on themselves.
Seriously though she continues to be a badass.

I had to laugh when that one girl was trying to hit that walker. It's funny because in a zombie apocalypse just about EVERYONE can get a headshot 99% of the time on their first shot. Rather interesting that Governor would keep Andrea off the wall. On one hand it makes sense. Don't want people going beyond the wall without a good reason... things could get messy. But I still find it curious.

Carol is alive! I am so happy for Daryl. Smile

Thats about it. Seriously this season has been amazing. Should be fun seeing the two groups meet for the first time. Oh and I have a bad feeling about Glenn and Maggie. Sad

Oh yeah... turns out that fat walker ate Laurie. Something that you know I had not even considered or well thought about. Which is just really disturbing. I mean yeah I get it. Walkers eat people. Still... kinda fucked up.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 am

The phone was rather graet. It took me a bit longer to figure it out but it was an interesting way to shake Rick off his breakdown

I loved that they gave a call back to the first season. It seemed like such a great idea. If it was me I would be smearing zombie guts everywhere in the hope of getting them to stay away. And yes Michone is ultrabadass. I loved the biteogram although it was a bit silly that she would take them on hand to hand. She should have gotten a gun from somewhhere

And the way she stared at Rick at the end was awesome. Really well done scene. And she even thought of getting the baby formula!

Lol yeah. That was kind of bizzare. I mean seriously the zombie was not that far away. If she ahd years of training she should have been able to hit him much easier. What is she even doing on the wall? And if she is that bad with a bow why not get a crossbow with an optical sight?

Yeah that was a great way to bring back morale to the guys. I have grown to really like Carol

Yeah how adorable were Glenn and Maggie but still kind of stupid. I mean come on. You never let a psycho come this close to you. Everybody knows this?

Yeah that was really fucked up but it did make sense. If the zombies feel only hunger they wouldn't stop once they get a meal. And this is actually a good news. If means there are significantly less zombies in the world since most of theri victims would be eaten

I can't wait for the war between them. I think they are kind of evnely matched. Sure the Governor has around 70 as whole but just a small part of them can actually fight (and Michone lowered the number by two) while in the Ricktatorship everyone is an experienced fighter. And Daryll and Michone are worth at least two people. And even Carl can fight

So in the end it would let's see

The Governor had five guys with him when he took out the soldiers. Probably five more guys manning the wall at home. Maybe 3-5 addiational people like the bow girl. I doubt he has more then 15 fightes

And we have

Rick,Daryll, Carol, two prisoners,Michone, Beth, Carl and Hershel

Now Carol or Beth will most likely stay with the baby but still 8 on 15 not bad odds for Rick

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:45 am

Tomorrow I will catch up and gush about how awesome the series is and reply to your post. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:21 am

First thing I have to say is... whats up with Judith? My guess is that little carl had a bit of a crush. Still was one of hell of a 'wait... what?' kind of moments in a very odd way.

If Glen wasn't a badass before, he sure as hell is now. Same for Maggie. As amazing as the whole interrogation scenes were, the one with Maggies was beyond painful to watch. And then the Governor was trying to 'comfort' her... seriously fucked up. Sad

Though atleast Merl got chewed out after learning that Rick's group cleared out the Prison, or at least parts of it.

Oh and I loved the small reunion with Carol. Just shows how much they have become a family. Smile

That Scientist Guy has me thinking. I wonder just how much, if anything, the Walkers do remember about their lives before they turn? I am curious though as to why he seems so desperate to cling to the idea that they do remember something. He claims that he has never seen one turn or really lost anyone when everything went to hell. I guess he could just be frustrated by the whole concept of Walkers.

And now to watch the amazing mid season finale...

I really hate the whole idea of mid season finales to begin with.

Just finished.

WOW. Tyrese and his group seems like they will make for a good addition to the group and chances are when the Governor marches for war they are going to need the help.

I had almost forgotten about the Walker heads and Walker Penny for awhile. Still creeps the shit out of me!

The whole episode was just jammed packed with action. Glen and Maggie escaped and thank god for that because I had a bad feeling that one of them wasn't going to make it.

Terrorist... did he say Terrorist? I have to admit that just seemed like the oddest thing to call Rick's group. Though I guess they could have called them Teletubies the way the crowed was chearing for Daryl and Merls death.

How they will get out of that? I have no idea. At first I was thinking that Merl would act as a spy for the Governor but he seemed far to surprised by everything.

Andrea finally soon learn that the Governor is not to be trusted but... chances are she wont and she will end up staying with the Governor.

If the Governor did not have full control over his people before Rick rescued Glen and Maggie well he sure does now. Hell he could claim he is the Messiah and they'd eat it up.

Got a peak of whats to come and I think a power struggle is going to happen in Rick's group. The way they showed Carl suggesting to Rick that maybe he shouldn't lead anymore or I think that is what he said.

February cannot come soon enough! Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 am

Judith? Don't you mean Beth? The hot 17 year old that Carl is crushing on...oh wait you mean the name for the baby. Yeah that makes sense

I have to say I am amazed at just how much both of them are shining this season. And how much this has improved over last season. God the farm was lame

Ditto. It was nice to see these family moments. I wouldn't be surprised if this more of a family then Daryll ever had with Merl

Speaking of this I really should post about the new zombie show that deals exactly with this issue

Yup. Although being black people in this universe.....not a good sign for their life expectancy

Yup. I wonder just how much time they need to actually starve if the zombie head still had some juice

Yeah first it was them, now Daryll...seriously can't they put Rick or Carl in mortal danger instead. I don't really care that much about them

Lol you know how it is old propganda words are effective

Yeah February is going to rock!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:43 am

Speaking of Beth I am somewhat disappointed that they haven't actually done much with her. I did enjoy the episode where she wanted to end her life. I thought it was a great episode but afterwards she has been given no screen time or development at all. I only really noticed this in the past episode.

Oh I am sure the group has been more of a family towards Daryll then Merl ever was. Then again we never actually saw them together. In fact when they were both brought out to face the crowed was probably the first time they were on screen together... at least from what I remember. Either way whatever interactiont hey did have wasn't much.

Yeah I sorta noticed that. It seems like the second they introduce another black character the old one is dead within the next episode. While I have only read a bit of the comics, I hear that Tyrese is fairly important to the story. So I am thinking he will be sticking around for awhile.

Do Zombies starve? I remember the Scientist guy and the Governor were discussing it but it seems like Zombies never actually get to the point of starving to death. Well they did in 28 Days Later but that was more because they were still technically alive.

What are you talking about Rick and Carl are awesome. =/

True about the propaganda... but I would have called them bandits or something. I'd imagine that a lot of them have more experience with Bandits and such then they would terrorist. Then again I suppose either work.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum