Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Resort

2 posters

Go down

Last Resort Empty Last Resort

Post by Unit7 Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Last Resort LAST-RESORT-POSTER_510

Last Resort follows the Crew of the USS Colorado, a balistics missle submarine, after defying questionable orders to launch four nuclear missiles at Pakistan that were given through a secondary network, one to only be used if DC is destroyed, they are attacked.

From there... well shit just hit the fan.

So I have been looking forward to Last Resort since I first heard about it. Which I think was from Rex. I remember somewhere he posted a bunch of potential shows for Fall 2012. One dealing with Revolution, Last Resort, A Serial Killer that has a cult or something and something to do with space. I guess.

Either way when I learned that it was premiering soon I had to watch. I have to admit, like Revolution, I am having my doubts as to whether or not it will last beyond season 1. I guess I am just getting to paranoid. Seriously if I had a rating system it be 'I give it 4 Cancelations out of 5!' 5 being amazing and 1 being it actually should be cancelled. Razz

I do see some melodrama coming. Which probably wont be... liked by most. Apparently it's riddled with inaccuracies. Though I was rather amused that the Equator Celebration does have it's roots in fact and history. While not like that... Many navies have or at least had(as of 1995 anyways) a rite of passage. Something to do with Neptune and peoples first time crossing the equator.

Thankfully I am the type who easily disables my realistic detector. Then again... I do watch a show where a Sonic Screwdriver that can do... whatever the hell the plot demands of it. That and a police box that's bigger on the inside then it is on the out.

I love the potential drama that is going to unfold. Half the crew are either scared out of their mind and the other seem completely devoted to the Captain. Then you have the SEAL team who can't be trusted. You then got the natives to the island, that one dude definitely didn't seem happy about the whole situation.

Then you have whats going on in the world. Pakistan has been sent back before the stone age assuming there are any actual survivors.

The US is in complete turmoil it seems. The President is being impeached and there is probably chaos within the actual Military, I am not sure exactly what was going on. But I believe a bunch of Generals or high ranking military men were fired.

You then have that one dudes wife in a holding cell.

I gotta admit something. I love a good drama and to be quite honest I don't mind most melodrama. So I have to say... so far I am just loving Last Resort.

The Ending.

While I am no expert in Nuclear blasts and radiation... would 200 miles off the coast of DC be a safe distance? So that was one thing that kinda bugged me. But I am just impressed that they actually did it.

The ending speech was also great. When the captain asks about what happened to his home and starting over. That makes me want to know even more about this world. While I am sure he is royally pissed about being attacked by his own Government... I thinkt here is much more to it.

So yeah. Loved the pilot and looking forward to more.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Last Resort Empty Re: Last Resort

Post by Rex Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Wait...this was actually good? The summary seemed so stupid I never even gave it a chance. I'll check it out right now
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:02 am

Rex wrote:Wait...this was actually good? The summary seemed so stupid I never even gave it a chance. I'll check it out right now

Well I really enjoyed it. I guess the summary does seem kinda stupid. But I am looking forward to the next episode.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:49 am

Ok I just watched it. Well damn this is actually good. I can't believe they pulled it off. I will go on and on and on later one but wow still have a hard time believing how good the pilot was for a concept like this
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Rex wrote:Ok I just watched it. Well damn this is actually good. I can't believe they pulled it off. I will go on and on and on later one but wow still have a hard time believing how good the pilot was for a concept like this

See I told you it was good. Personally I like the concept. It does seem a bit far fetched but maybe thats just me.

There was one thing I can't believe I didn't mention in my first post.

I love the title of the show. At the end of the pilot the show gives the title a nice double meaning. The obvious one is that they have no other choice and it's literally their last resort to survive. Then when the Captain is talking about what happened to the home he knew sorta left me thinking about vacation resorts and things. A perfect place for fun and happyness and all that.

If any of that makes sense. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:26 am

Another great episode. Spoilers ahead!

First off a small detail seen towards the end of the episode... or maybe it wasn't. I forget. I find it interesting that the President, who just the other day, was pretty much hated by the majority of the United States. Everyone seemed to be displeased with him. Towards the end of the episode we learn that because of Marcus(the captain) he has pretty much won over the entire congress.

Which I find interesting. I wonder how this scenario, no matter how implausable it might be, would play out in real life. Under the threat of a Terrorist with 17 nuclear warheads... would people change their minds? I would love to see some of the media coverage on this. What we have seen is small clips and such. Nothing... well good.

I really love that Sinclair chick. She's the one who makes that guy who comments about them using a cruise missile look like a complete idiot. There is something that does seem odd. That order she has? I am calling it out as a redherring. That order Sinclair found? red herring. Seems like a bit of an oversight. I mean... his wife even knows it wasn't some accident.

That SEAL dude who said it was all his fault at the end of the pilot and was pretty much drunk the whole time. I am really curious as to why he thinks its his fault and the reluctant peacemaker or keeper storyline.

I loved how the Captain has pretty much severely damaged the relationship between the US and Russia. That whole scene was fantastic. I love scenes like that where the character is cunning and manipulates people into doing something stupid. Seriously. The Captain is truly willing to do anything to protect his men. That or he is just batshit crazy. Then again... I don't think there is a difference. Either way. New favorite character. Hands down.

The Cobb guy who is locked up. Oh I really hope they don't kill him off too soon. He really could provide for some interesting storylines down the road. Assuming it gets that far.

The Nevada testing sites. In all honesty I had completely forgotten about them. Which I suppose would lead some credibility too the whole Nuclear detonation off the coast. I remember some people complaining about it.

Though one thing does bug me. It was the entire firefight against the Spetsnaz. Why did they Halo jump during broad daylight? Though I guess you really can't just hide a commercial airline from a the NATO radar and such. But why not wait and move during the night? Eh. But I am no combat expert so... yeah.

The speech of the Seige of Grozny was interesting. So. Who is the enemy keeping XO from his home? The US government/conspiracy or the Captain? Though it does seem like for now the XO is loyal to the Captain... but after Christine is done being mind fucked... oh excuse me I mean 'Cured' by that traitor...' I have no idea how his loyalties will fall.

Personally I am hoping that it will give him more strength. Because I am a believer. The Captain is right. Even if he were to be just doing this because his son died and he is pissed at the world. They will kill them all. Everyone on that island is fucked. Amnesty? For any of them? I call bullshit.

Then again Michael was able to leave the Island with his son... then again he did end up getting blown up.

So yes. I loved this episode. Tons of stuff going on. And from what little I saw of next weeks episodes it looks like we will be seeing a stand off between the Captain and the former rulers of the Island.

I also want to see more of the natives. While both episodes took place over a couple days or so... I want to know how they feel about this. The bar lady just doesn't seem to give a fuck. Though I guess it might have something to do with the story she told the SEAL guy... I wonder if the volcanoe will errupt at any point in the future. I mean come on. You tell us that there is a volcanoe and it doesn't errupt? Would be a shame.

Great episode. Smile

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Agreed. Which makes me wonder who started the conspiracies. I at first thought it was the military who were against the president but now...

Well I wouldn't be surprised. Look at Bush. A few primitive assholes in a cave got him immense support and the only thing they did was kill a few thousand people. Which is horrible but nothing compared to looking out of your window and seeing a nuclear explosion and knowing that more are to come

Could be. Makes no sense that they would go through the trouble of killing him but let him keep the order. Or that they keep a record of the order

I am curious as well.. I have absolutely no theories on this

Absolutely. I wonder if China will be next. And I do love that once his first bluff to kill his sons failed he bounced back immediately

Have no idea. Perhaps it's harder to do the jumps at night?

Oh yeah. The sheer insanity of the tests during the cold war is mind blowing. Have you read about The Sedan Test? It's crazy. Not to mention the original idea with Panama

Oh you never know. It's kind of crazy how the military system works. They could very well get amnesty as long as they turn. The military often doesn't care about justice as long as it reaches it's goals

Oh I wonder if they will nuke the volcanoe Wink

But yes so far it seems a solid show. I am very pleasantly surprised!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Not a bad episode. The gauntlet has been thrown on the island as well. And the captain will take a serious confidence beatdown by not killing the scumbag who killed his man. But I gotta say I have to agree with him. They are in no position to fight a two front war

I am also curious as to what is going on in Washington. The reason for the pre emptive nuke seemed kinda weak. I wonder just how this is connected to the SEAL team. Did Washington actually really mean it with the SEALS just giving wrong infor or killing the wrong guy? I have no idea what's going on
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:11 am

At this point I haven't a clue who is behind the conspiracy. At first it did seem like a rogue faction of the Military was behind it because of the President. Nuking a foreign country like that not going to win over many people. But considering the fallout actually helped the President... it definitely seems like he is in on it.

I think there really is a Chess Master who figured out that the Colorado would be the least likely to launch the Nukes given those circumstances. Figured that the Colorado would survive and force them into going Rogue... though maybe not. They may have just wanted an excuse to kill the SEAL team. Hell it might have been a Xanatos Gambit. Either way they win.

As for doing jumps at night... Maybe. But I think they would be specifically trained to do those jumps at night. The whole idea is to get a special forces team inside a country and behind enemy lines without being detected. But I suppose it didn't matter. That entire 200 mile radius would be a no fly zone.

No I haven't heard about those tests. I will definitely have to look them up.

As for whats going on in DC. I haven't a clue. I think the SEAL team helped facilitate the nuking of Pakistan... and were probably supposed to die. Hell I just want to know what was the purpose of the pre emptive strike to begin with. What is the objective? Maybe it was in some way a means to really piss off the Middle East? But for what reason? God I really really hope there is a good reason behind all of this and not some crappy one.

OH I definitely don't want to be the Captain in next weeks episode. From his view point I can definitely understand why. A war between the Colorado and the Warlord would be... borderline impossible. But unfortunately if the rest of the crew don't come to realize this the divide will grow between themselves.

Oh what is it about shows involving Islands that end up fucking with your head? Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum