Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrow

2 posters

Go down

Arrow Empty Arrow

Post by Unit7 Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:06 pm

When I first heard about Arrow I thought it was just a Smallville spinoff. Not a bad thing mind you... but for some reason it didn't grab my attention as much. When I learned that it was a different Green Arrow and universe... I looked into it more and the trailers and teasers had me sold.

Arrow is a Origin story of the Green Arrow. Not much unlike Smallville. After Oliver Queen was stranded on an Island he transforms into a living weapon in order to survive and in hopes to save Starling City from the corruption of the rich and powerful.

After watching the Pilot I realized something. Green Arrow in Smallville was really under used. Considering that Green Arrow was pretty much the only other superhero that stuck around Metropolis... they really could have used him more.

Arrow is also a slightly darker series then Smallville. Not by much and I am not sure if Darker is the right word for it. But unlike in Smallville, Green Arrow has no problems killing people. In fact in the first episode he racks up quite the kill count... and a few assists. Gotta love it when the badguys just shoot themselves. Razz

There are also some good subplots going on. For starters Olivers sister seems to be following the old Oliver's footsteps. Going to parties they probably shouldn't be at, taking drugs, and abusing the name Queen.

Then you have Oliver's best friend, who a detective asks "So you drug any special ladies tonight" That and the fact that he is/was sleeping with Olivers Ex Girlfriend... though Oliver did cheat on her with his sister... who died on the Yacht when it overturned. Oh yeah... and the detective now looking into the whole Guy in a Green Hood is the father of ex girlfriend and sister...

Should make things interesting.

But then there is the main plot of the series or at least season 1. What secrets did Oliver's dad give him before he died? Whatever it was we know it helped inspired Oliver to become the Green Arrow and fight the corruption... but how far has it spread?
Spoiler:

Great first episode and I am looking forward to more.

Well there was one thing that bugged me. The time between Queen's rescue and him returning home to Starling city isn't as clear as I thought it be. Mostly because in the episode he uses a uh... computer hacking arrow? To hack into Adam Hunt's bank accounts to steal 40million dollars. He has spent maybe a week in Starling City... so when and where did he have the time to make something like that? I get we are going to be seeing all sorts of fun and different types of Arrows... but just seems odd that he has something like that right away.

But then again he does speak Russian and it's implied that he probably didn't speak Russian before the shipwreck... so I guess maybe Oliver didn't go straight home... maybe took a detour. So either this is all a legit complaint or it just adds to the mystery.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Arrow Empty Re: Arrow

Post by Rex Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Agreed. I grew kinda really REALLY bored towards the end of Smallville and I wasn't interested in a spin off

I am really curious as into how he was trained to be the man he is today. I doubt he trained himself. I am guessing that there was someone else on the island. Someone to teach him. And teach him pretty brutally since as we saw he went through the boat accident unscathed but apparently his training literally broke him a few times

Well I don't know about that. He seemed kinda stupid in Smallville. But here in a darker show where he can kill...I can see it. I just hope they come up with something better then a big of a green paint to hide his face. I do enjoy the new level they are bringing him to

I like the sister. I wonder just what the storyline will be with her. She seems to be following his old footseps more out of desperation then actually enjoying it so I wonder how they will mold her

I am guessing that this is where the people who trained him will come in the picture. I am guessing some kind of a rusiian connection since he appears to have learned the language on the island

In any case I expected very very little but I was pleasantly surprised. There are still the lame cliches every once in a while but a whole it's very good. And the end twist with the mother was actually unexpected
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Rex wrote:
I am really curious as into how he was trained to be the man he is today. I doubt he trained himself. I am guessing that there was someone else on the island. Someone to teach him. And teach him pretty brutally since as we saw he went through the boat accident unscathed but apparently his training literally broke him a few times

Wow. I hadn't even considered the idea that he wasn't alone on the island. It does make much more sense that someone else was there. Would also explain the whole Russian thing... and a whole lot of other stuff. You know I was just about to make a Lost reference... but then I remembered how the best friend tried to explain the ending to that show.

Well I don't know about that. He seemed kinda stupid in Smallville. But here in a darker show where he can kill...I can see it. I just hope they come up with something better then a big of a green paint to hide his face. I do enjoy the new level they are bringing him to

I think the idea is that while he is under the hood you can't see his face and the green paint is more to make it darker. Personally I like the look. At least it's an upgrade compared to what Green Arrow's costume was in Smallville. In fact... I hated every costume in it. Well I did like the whole dark clothes and trenchcoat thing.

I like the sister. I wonder just what the storyline will be with her. She seems to be following his old footseps more out of desperation then actually enjoying it so I wonder how they will mold her

Good point. She definitely didn't seem to enjoy it. Seems like she was really close with her brother and is or at least was trying to hold on to him in a rather dangerous way. Should be fun to see where the story will take her.

I am guessing that this is where the people who trained him will come in the picture. I am guessing some kind of a rusiian connection since he appears to have learned the language on the island

Again. I can't believe I completely ignored this possibility. I really do hope we see more of his time on the Island. In fact I was a tad disappointed that we only saw a like 30 seconds.

In any case I expected very very little but I was pleasantly surprised. There are still the lame cliches every once in a while but a whole it's very good. And the end twist with the mother was actually unexpected

Eh most everything has a few cliches in them these days. Though I am not that critical of them as long as it's part of a good story or one that promises to be.

As for the mother I agree. I really wasn't expecting her to be in on whatever Oliver's secret is.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:28 am

The show is getting decent and I it looks like they are going to finally give a glimpse of his training on the island.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Rex wrote:The show is getting decent and I it looks like they are going to finally give a glimpse of his training on the island.

Looks like you were right. There was someone else on the island... and I still can't believe I didn't think of it. lol

This weeks episode seemed a bit fast paced and I was a bit diappointed that the White Haired Chick was only briefly in it. Hopefully we will see her and the Triad down the line. Overall the episode was good and definitely looking forward to his training on the Island.

Also the conspiracy thickens with that odd symbol. Whats it supposed to be? Sorta reminds me of part of the opening credits for House with the nerves system or whatever. I wonder just how involved the Mother is with this group.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:51 am

I fell seriously behind... well by two episodes... but now I am caught up.

Not much to say. Except now I am REALLY curious about the whole Island thing. Not only was Oliver not alone but turns out a whole group of military looking people aswell. Obvious guess is that they were working for Mrs. Queen and the rest of the people on the List. Which actually helps explain somethings. If I remember correctly that book was empty except for the odd symbol. Was wondering how he managed to fill up all those pages with names. Lots and lots of names.

Dead Shot... I am really hoping he wasnt you know dead at the end of the episode. He looked pretty dead but... well would just be a shame to not see him again.

Then there is Diggle. Great name btw. I wasn't sure how long it would take for Diggle to join Oliver. As much fun as it was seeing him annoyed by Olivers continuing escape act it should prove to be a interesting combination. Though I always figured Diggle would find out differently. Not a "Oh hey by the way I am that Hooded dude" Eh oh well.

Ok... seriously was that John Barrowman? Holy crap so that's what Jack has been up too!

Sorta creepy that Mrs Queen-Steele has the Queen's Gambit locked away in some warehouse. Which you know is probably convienient because it probably has you know proves that the yacht was sabatoged. Or I think that was what happend.

Felt sorry for Oliver though when Laurel talks to her father after the prison riot. Seriously that must have seriously hurt. Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:44 am

I quite enjoy that we got to see more of the island. I really hope the original hood isn't dead. He seems awesome

And is it me or did that look like Slade from Teen Titans

It sure was! It would be so great to see Jack as a vilain

I hope the whole clearing your name by getting publicly hunted very interesting plan. But the little sister doesn't seem quite to buy it. I hope she finds out. She seems like someone who has potential
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:42 am

Rex wrote:I quite enjoy that we got to see more of the island. I really hope the original hood isn't dead. He seems awesome

Oh come on we both know he is dead. Which is going to seriously piss me off. Because he does is a badass. Also agree. Seriously what are those people up to? Is it just some sort of training facility or perhaps there is more? Maybe there is a hatch!

And is it me or did that look like Slade from Teen Titans

Yeah he did but for a good reason. Slade and Deathstroke are one in the same character. Turns out Deathstroke's real name is Slade Wilson. I read that they just used Slade for Teen Titans because apparently Deathstroke isn't kid friendly or something.

I also can't believe I didnt notice that that General guy who was against the Vigilantes in Smallville was named Slade.

It sure was! It would be so great to see Jack as a vilain
Well this show just got far more interesting. Personally anytime they mention his name I am just going to substitute it for Jack.

I hope the whole clearing your name by getting publicly hunted very interesting plan. But the little sister doesn't seem quite to buy it. I hope she finds out. She seems like someone who has potential

It was a ballsy move one that if Diggle hadn't joined in could have seriously backfired. Felt bad for Diggle though, he really didn't deserve to be lied to. Also I agree about the sister. Kinda felt bad when oliver told her he got that arrow head from a gift shop... though the way she was looking at it in her final scene probably means she really skeptical about the whole thing.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey don't be like dead. He could have been dead but not really dead but actually fallen into a coma and gotten an amnesia. And now he was brainwashed into being a bad guy and Oliver will have to face his teacher and so on. You know comic stuff! It can happen. I don't want him to be dead. He was cool Sad

He was? I kinda fast forwarded most of the later seasons of Smallville

Yeah. Me too. And I am fact just waiting for him to have sex with everybody

Yup. I wonder if they will actually go with her being a sidekick storyline.

Oh well now I am off to see the new episode!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 am

Sorry. Nope. He is dead. He is deader then Jack Harkness.... oh wait. But yeah I wont be surprised if he 'dies' and then later comes back.

Yeah he was.

Somehow I doubt he'll end up having sex with everyone.

As for Thea being a sidekick. I have one word for you. Speedy. See I knew that nickname sounded familiar. I just wasn't sure which sidekick was named Speedy. Turns out Green Arrow actually has a side kicked named Speedy. Though I suppose that role might be Diggles and Thea's nickname is just a reference.

I enjoyed this weeks episode. I find it interesting that Oliver didn't have any interest in taking down the street gangs and thugs. But I agree with Diggle. Perhaps taking down the local bank robbers wont solve every problem... but knowing that the Vigilante is helping them out has got to be a bit of a morale booster or something. I dunno.

The bank robbers face masks were also neat. I have to say the costume department has done a great job so far.

Oh and gotta love that opening scene...

Felt bad for Thea about how the whole helping out WhatsHisFace with Laurel without realizing and hoping it was her he wanted or... yeah.

I wonder what those burned pages had on them. More names or maybe it was something more? I was seriously wondering how he managed to get all those names in the first place.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:51 am

Hey you never know Smile I think there might be some hate sexing between him and the mom

Hey that's what I was thinking. Based on the spoilers they are going to bring in
Spoiler:
and this might be a good way to slowly bring her in as Speedy

Me too. But now that I think about it they have been hinting for a while that Oliver is not a hero but more obssed with his father's list

Speaking of which that was a cool way to discover the name. I was really curious as to how he got it. A really cool twist. Almost made me wish to start burning all my notebooks

Loved that we saw them. I liked the Royal Flush gang both from Batman Beyond and from the Justice League. Although I was a bit disappointed that they were a bit too common thiefs here. I was hoping it would be a more interesting storyline with them

And yeah poor Thea. She always seems to get the bad end of things. On the bright side I think this might be what drives her into the sidekick huisness
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Rex wrote:Hey you never know Smile I think there might be some hate sexing between him and the mom

Hey that's what I was thinking. Based on the spoilers they are going to bring in
Spoiler:
and this might be a good way to slowly bring her in as Speedy

Wait bring who as Speedy? The way I see it I want Thea to become Olivers sidekick of sorts. Razz

Me too. But now that I think about it they have been hinting for a while that Oliver is not a hero but more obssed with his father's list

This is definitely a unique hero storyline. Seeing him go from correcting his father's mistakes and playing Robin Hood to actually becoming the more traditional hero.

Speaking of which that was a cool way to discover the name. I was really curious as to how he got it. A really cool twist. Almost made me wish to start burning all my notebooks

Well all my notebooks are just crappy ones you buy in stores... but if I ever get something like Oliver's little journal. Chances are I am going to burn at least one page. Razz

And yeah poor Thea. She always seems to get the bad end of things. On the bright side I think this might be what drives her into the sidekick huisness

One can hope. I'd love to see Oliver and Thea kicking butt together. Though if she does end up in the hero business I won't be to surprised if they decide to at first pit Oliver and Thea against one another. Which could be both fun and frustrating(but not in a bad way) But then maybe thats just what I would do and like to see.

Finally watched the latest episode.

That daughter of the Mob guy is pretty cool... who I think is the Huntress. Not sure. So far they leave the names out of it. Good to see the Triad is back with China White. Personally I am hoping that the Mob and the Triad go to war for a few episodes. Might be a good way for Oliver to see that he needs to actually do more to protect Starling City other then the corrupt businessmen.

Not liking the whole Laurel and Whatshisface together. But I pretty much jumped onto the LaurelxOliver ship the second I saw it. Though I was surprised Whatshisface is the son of Jack(whoeverhisfaceis) now that was interesting and I have to say I did not see that coming. But it makes sense. It seems like a lot of the wealthier people in Starling City is connected back to this mysterious group.

Though it's unclear if Oliver knows this or not. Not sure if he does because so far it doesn't seem like he is aware of the Mystery Gorup. He just sees the names on the page and knows they deserve a good arrow in the ass. Razz

Good episode and I can't wait for more
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Ok so He really didn't know about the mystery group.

This weeks episode was great. The Archer, or as I like to call him, the Dark Archer is a badass and I got to admit I was completely amazed that it wasn't Oliver's mentor from the island. The fact that it was Jack(seriously what is his name again?) just blew my mind...

I wonder if there is a connection between the Mentor and Jack. I mean it seems rather odd that both are master archers. Which means that this Mystery Group is most likely connected to the paramilitary group on the Island. Or was that already established? I mean there is no proof but it just seems far to coincidental.

Oh Death Stroke is back! Seriously they need to give him more screen time.

Oh if only Thea's boyfriend(or whatever he is) knew just how dangerous it is to be fooling around with her...

Now the biggest thing is that the Mystery Group actually has a plan other then being corrupt rich guys wanting to make a profit through shady practice deals.

Thousands dead? What on earth are they planning?

Oh and one last thing. I rather liked that they brought up the Hood as a bad nickname. Also loved when Jack suggested Green Arrow and Oliver said it was lame. Razz

Oh I want more! Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:32 am

Wait bring who as Speedy? The way I see it I want Thea to become Olivers sidekick of sorts. Razz

Yeah exactly. They seem to be bringing her and Oliver closer together and she seems to mature more so I can see her discovering Oliver's secret soon/ And while I doubt Oliver would ever let his sister tag along like he did with Helena I can see her nagging him into training her and hanging out in his batcave
Well all my notebooks are just crappy ones you buy in stores... but if I ever get something like Oliver's little journal. Chances are I am going to burn at least one page. Razz

Haha me too. I really gotta check the trick shops to get some kind of special invisble inks. This would be cool

This weeks episode was great. The Archer, or as I like to call him, the Dark Archer is a badass and I got to admit I was completely amazed that it wasn't Oliver's mentor from the island. The fact that it was Jack(seriously what is his name again?) just blew my mind.

Me too. Until I herd his voice I was almost sure it was his mentor. Especially with the hints that he was a hardcore criminal before the island

I wonder if there is a connection between the Mentor and Jack. I mean it seems rather odd that both are master archers. Which means that this Mystery Group is most likely connected to the paramilitary group on the Island. Or was that already established? I mean there is no proof but it just seems far to coincidental.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was his first student. I thought that the mystery group on the island was this russian mob thing that Oliver is apart of?

Oh Death Stroke is back! Seriously they need to give him more screen time.
Agreed. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Oliver's first kill on the island(or at least he would think he killed him

Oh if only Thea's boyfriend(or whatever he is) knew just how dangerous it is to be fooling around with her...
Yeah he really gives off the douchebag vibe

Now the biggest thing is that the Mystery Group actually has a plan other then being corrupt rich guys wanting to make a profit through shady practice deals.

Thousands dead? What on earth are they planning?
I am curious as well. Maybe some kind of a political push by scaring the city with some terror thing ala Long Kiss Goodnight?

I am also curious as to who wrote the list and why?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Rex wrote:
Yeah exactly. They seem to be bringing her and Oliver closer together and she seems to mature more so I can see her discovering Oliver's secret soon/ And while I doubt Oliver would ever let his sister tag along like he did with Helena I can see her nagging him into training her and hanging out in his batcave

I can see that and would help him be able to smooth things over with his family. Though for some reason I think it wont be as soon. Maybe she will find out but he won't know or something. Thats always an amusing storyline thing.

Me too. Until I herd his voice I was almost sure it was his mentor. Especially with the hints that he was a hardcore criminal before the island

Even when the Archer guy spoke I thought 'Well maybe it could still be the mentor because.... of some voice changing thing?'

I wouldn't be surprised if he was his first student. I thought that the mystery group on the island was this russian mob thing that Oliver is apart of?

For a moment there I forgot about the Russian Mob. I always assumed he was lying his way through that whole thing. Got the tattoo and enough information to pass himself off as the guy he was impersonating... of course it was never brought up again Wait did he have a tattoo?

Either way that reminds me that we still don't have a clue how he knows Russian.

\Agreed. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Oliver's first kill on the island(or at least he would think he killed him

Hmm I can see that.

Yeah he really gives off the douchebag vibe

Definitely agree.

I am curious as well. Maybe some kind of a political push by scaring the city with some terror thing ala Long Kiss Goodnight?

At this point your guess is as good as mine.

I am also curious as to who wrote the list and why?

It might be a form of insurance policy? Each member has their own private copy and gives them a sense of equal footing. Then again so far its just a list of names... So that's unlikely and probably too risky overall.

A list for people to know who is in the know and trustworthy? Of course I am unsure if anyone other then Oliver's parents and Jack have a copy. But I can see it being used as a phonebook of sorts.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum