Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear John, from a military wife's point of view...

Go down

Dear John, from a military wife's point of view... Empty Dear John, from a military wife's point of view...

Post by MrsJazz Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:56 pm

So Adam and I just watched the movie, I have read the book, though Adam has not he's always up to watch anything military. That being said...

Though there are many things that don't match up to the book (though honestly I expected that.) I can say that they way many scenes, just the way they were filmed, touched me. The many deployment scenes, them writing letters...it was quite easy to picture Adam and I. Those moments in the air port when he leaves, those times when he's flying and loading the C-17. I don't know how to explain it, it was emotional and beautiful. They way they shot the scenes, the camera sweeping over the pen moving across the piece of paper, words flowing flawlessly...brings back so many memories. Memories of writing a letter every night, stuffing it into an envelope to be dropped into the post the next day. The words John scribbled I remember hearing so many times, "I can't tell you where is..."

Even though they changed parts from the book...I am pleased with how these scenes played out.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum