Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dilemma....kind of

+3
secretlifelover_5
Malletmusic17
maggiemay
7 posters

Go down

Dilemma....kind of Empty Dilemma....kind of

Post by maggiemay Sun May 16, 2010 7:40 pm

As some of you all know, my dance studio is closing soon and combining with the studio that owns it at a new location. My mom doesn't want me moving to the new location because of the problems we've been having this year. I don't really want to go either. We've been looking at other studios to figure out where I want to dance next year.

Well I've been making friends at the studio that owns us and it's making this whole process harder. I might want to continue dancing at the studio that owns us, but 1) my parents probably wouldn't pay for it and 2) my mom would probably be upset because of all the time/money we're spending looking for a new one. And it also depends on where my friends end up.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated. Anybody have any advice for me? Or just wanna talk for a little while? I'm bored. cyclops
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Dilemma....kind of Empty Re: Dilemma....kind of

Post by Malletmusic17 Sun May 16, 2010 7:48 pm

why wouldnt your parents pay for it?
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Sun May 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:why wouldnt your parents pay for it?

Because my mom is mad at the owner for basically running my studio into the ground. And nothing has gone as expected, so she doesn't want to be paying her anymore than she has to.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Sun May 16, 2010 7:54 pm

maggiemay wrote:

Because my mom is mad at the owner for basically running my studio into the ground. And nothing has gone as expected, so she doesn't want to be paying her anymore than she has to.

awh thats no fair :/
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Sun May 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:

I see her reasoning because I'm just as unhappy about it as she is, but if it's where I'll be happiest, I'm not sure how she'll feel :/ It's so confusing.
Today we had a practice and one of the girls asked me what classes I was taking next year and I just said "I don't know yet". It's not a lie, but it's not the full truth. Crying or Very sad
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Sun May 16, 2010 8:01 pm

maggiemay wrote:
Malletmusic17 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:

I see her reasoning because I'm just as unhappy about it as she is, but if it's where I'll be happiest, I'm not sure how she'll feel :/ It's so confusing.
Today we had a practice and one of the girls asked me what classes I was taking next year and I just said "I don't know yet". It's not a lie, but it's not the full truth. Crying or Very sad

awhhh :/
well maybe your mom will change her mind?
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Sun May 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:
Malletmusic17 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:

I hope she would. But I don't even know where I'm dancing next year so I'm not too worried about it... I just don't like making friends, knowing I probably won't be there next year, and then never seeing them again.
Like I said to you earlier, I could have gone to dinner with some of them, but no. My mom was "too busy". Any friend making opportunities I get should be taken because I'm not the most social person in the world.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Sun May 16, 2010 8:28 pm

maggiemay wrote:
Malletmusic17 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:
Malletmusic17 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:

I hope she would. But I don't even know where I'm dancing next year so I'm not too worried about it... I just don't like making friends, knowing I probably won't be there next year, and then never seeing them again.
Like I said to you earlier, I could have gone to dinner with some of them, but no. My mom was "too busy". Any friend making opportunities I get should be taken because I'm not the most social person in the world.

I know how you feel :/ about the social thing? im really shy with people i dont know.
im sure you will be fine where ever you dance next year(:
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Sun May 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:
Malletmusic17 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:
Malletmusic17 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:

I know how you feel :/ about the social thing? im really shy with people i dont know.
im sure you will be fine where ever you dance next year(:

I've always been like that. It's annoying sometimes. I take one class at the studio that owns us and I didn't talk to any of the people til like a week ago. The class started in February. It takes me a long time to warm up to people.
Thanks Smile I'm sure I will be too, making the decision is just really hard.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by secretlifelover_5 Sun May 16, 2010 9:12 pm

I care!! but have no advice.. Sad
secretlifelover_5
secretlifelover_5

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun May 16, 2010 9:40 pm

secretlifelover_5 wrote:I care!! but have no advice.. Sad

I second this....
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun May 16, 2010 10:25 pm

The decision is easy. Take a part time job and pay for it yourself.
Or contact a few of your friends from the old school and just dance with each other for free. Of course if you want to go pro this won't work but if it's just about the dance it would probably be good
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Mon May 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Rex wrote:The decision is easy. Take a part time job and pay for it yourself.
Or contact a few of your friends from the old school and just dance with each other for free. Of course if you want to go pro this won't work but if it's just about the dance it would probably be good

Rex, it costs like $300 a month for all of my classes. I don't have a job yet, I'm working on that. But I don't want to spend all my paychecks paying for dance classes.
That would work, but no where near the same. No recital, none of the stuff that goes on actually at the studio.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Mon May 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Hey Maggie Smile I hope everythinggoes good. I am here to chat with you.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamgirl18 Mon May 17, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm so sorry! I hope that you find the perfect place to dance! I'm sure you're amazing! Smile
dreamgirl18
dreamgirl18
Animal Lover
Animal Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Well 300 is not so much. If you get a mimum wage job that's like 40 or so hours on it so you can easily do it

Maybe not but it will be a good first step. And who knows with time you might make it so
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Tue May 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Rex wrote:Well 300 is not so much. If you get a mimum wage job that's like 40 or so hours on it so you can easily do it

Maybe not but it will be a good first step. And who knows with time you might make it so

I can't work 40 hours a week during the school year. And my brother and I share the car so we can't both we working at the same time.

My aspiring career is not dance related, so I don't want to start my own thing.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Tue May 18, 2010 1:41 pm

dreamgirl18 wrote:I'm so sorry! I hope that you find the perfect place to dance! I'm sure you're amazing! Smile

Thanks Lauren! Very Happy
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue May 18, 2010 10:52 pm

maggiemay wrote:
Rex wrote:Well 300 is not so much. If you get a mimum wage job that's like 40 or so hours on it so you can easily do it

I can't work 40 hours a week during the school year. And my brother and I share the car so we can't both we working at the same time.

No that's 40 or so hours a month or 10 or so hours a week. And if you take night shifts they will probbaly pay you more. Besids you have to do it onlky till your 18 then there won't be a problem
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue May 18, 2010 10:53 pm

maggiemay wrote:

No that's 40 or so hours a month or 10 or so hours a week. And if you take night shifts they will probbaly pay you more. Besids you have to do it onlky till your 18 then there won't be a problem
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down