Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight

5 posters

Go down

Twilight Empty Twilight

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:50 pm

So turns out I may just be a masochist afterall.

So with Eclipse coming out I thought I would watch the movies. Why? I suppose for the same reason I tried to read the book(still have 40 or so pages left of it too!)

Within the first 10 minutes I started wondering something.

Am I listening to an Audio Book?

Now when done right, I don't mind voice overs and a bit of narration. But so far(I have it paused at 14 mins at the time I am writing this) it feels so... weird. For some reason I just don't see the need for most of it. It doesn't help that its done in this emotionless tone. Most of the Voice Over information could have easily been either left out entirely or done through regular interaction with characters and such. but mostly, we just didn't need it.

Also I think the copy I am watching must have skipped something. Because it just felt so weird. She gets her new room, she then gets the truck, then shes off to school? Is that actually how it goes? It felt way off for some reason.

Also another thing. Her acceptance as a new studant seemed to be more cringeworthy in live action then in words. Everyone was all over her and it just was weird. Its at this point that I am only watching for Michael Welch... that and maybe for the chick who plays Alice.

Another thing bugs me. Why on earth was Bella so obsessed with him? She had literally spent a single class period and when he leaves its like 'Nooo! where is he?!?!'

Actually you know what. Screw it. I can't do it. I got to the point where Mike asks Bella to the prom and I just don't think I could actually watch the rest.
(yes I was watching as I wrote this)

The only part I did enjoy about this movie was that human got killed by 'an animal' Mostly because I don't remember it in the book and if it wasn't then it should have been in the book.

Because going through several hundred pages without much plot and then suddenly these people drinkers show up without any buildup was just sorta crap imo.

So I tried. But I couldn't.

I don't mean to bash the series. I really really don't. but everything about it was just so horrible.

Now keep in mind. That this is coming from a guy who would sometimes spend his saturdays watching low budget B horror movies on the scifi channel. Where the acting was poor, the special effects were terrible, and the plots were roughly the same no matter what. Insert Mutated/Engineered creature into small town. That or some disaster movie... which would roughly follow the same path anyways.

Now I can enjoy those. I couldn't enjoy this. Though I think alot of it has to do with the source material.

Is there a name for the phobia where you are afraid of becoming the next Stephenie Meyer? silent (ok NOW I am just outright bashing)

In Before Let The Right One In recommendation.

Which reminds me.

*goes off to find it online for tomorrow*
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Twilight Empty Re: Twilight

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:04 am

Twilight: one girl's choice between necrophilia and beastiality.
Oh, how I love My Drunk Texts. xD
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brown eyes sp Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:38 am

Ah, yes. A fellow comrade in trying to give it a fair chance, only to be bitterly and pathetically disappointed. I, like you, tried. I read the first book, I watched the first movie, but in the end it's all just crap. Razz
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:40 am

I am not surprised. I also didn't manage to finish it without some serious fast forwarding

A lot of people would rather :(Warnig NSFS: Not Safe for Soul)
Spoiler: