Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Alchemist

2 posters

Go down

Full Metal Alchemist Empty Full Metal Alchemist

Post by Rex Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Wow so I finally got around to watching this show and I am very impressed. I am barely at episode 7(which is quite disturbing) but I am already loving this show
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Full Metal Alchemist Empty Re: Full Metal Alchemist

Post by Unit7 Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Wait you have never seen Full Metal Alchemist? Thats quite sad. Sad

Wait which one are you watching? There are 2 series(one was being done along side the manga and they sorta diverged) the second one, Brotherhood or something is supposed to follow the manga better.

Anyways I have yet to see FMA: Brotherhood much. Caught a few episodes though.

But I loved the first anime series. Had great action, great comedy, and great characters.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 pm

I am currently on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oKlk0T7zxg&feature=related

Don't know which series it is. But man for such a high profile animation there are some really messed up things inside. This is definitely not very child friendly
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Rex wrote:I am currently on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oKlk0T7zxg&feature=related

Don't know which series it is. But man for such a high profile animation there are some really messed up things inside. This is definitely not very child friendly

Your watching the first series, I can tell by the opening credits.(I believe the animation and even the voice actors are virtually the same. just different stories. lol)

Yeah I know what you mean. For some reason I still find it odd that animated shows could contain such adult themes. Well I mean there are plenty of adult oriented cartoon series, but they are usually comedy and don't have complex characters like anime does.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:44 am

Wow yesterday I had no trouble watching it on youtube and now the episodes from 10 above seem gone. Dammit I will have to resort to megavideo again.

Oh I don't find the adult themes so strange as much as the fact that it made it into a pretty mainstream anime like this one(since I have been hearing about it for quite a while) I usually expect mainstream anime to be stuff like pokemon and so on.(well in the west at least)
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:36 am

Rex wrote:Wow yesterday I had no trouble watching it on youtube and now the episodes from 10 above seem gone. Dammit I will have to resort to megavideo again.

Oh I don't find the adult themes so strange as much as the fact that it made it into a pretty mainstream anime like this one(since I have been hearing about it for quite a while) I usually expect mainstream anime to be stuff like pokemon and so on.(well in the west at least)

That sucks. While I don't mind megavideo, the time limit of 72 minutes can be a real pain. Because usually I just want to keep watching. Sucks that its not on youtube though. While having to find the next part can get annoying, its usually great quality.

I don't find to too strange for anime itself, but rather just animated works in general. In the west its usually labeled as a kids thing, and when its adult show its almost purely comedy.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:23 am

Current observations

1. The English dub is superb. I am actually enjoying it more then the original. Something that I have experienced very rare in animes. Bravo!

2. Those soldiers are the worst shots in the entire universe. Seriously. A drunk monkey can shoot more accurately

3. Mustang is awesome and Hawkeye is pure badass

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

5. Lust is nice Smile And Greed is a surprisingly cool guy

6. Armstrong is kinda creepy...dude put that shirt on
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:36 am

Ok so I checked out Brotherhood as well. More details on my thoughts later but for now I must say.....Holy Shit!!! Mustang is a beast. Pure badass. And poor Lust Full Metal Alchemist Icon_sad
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:30 pm

I have yet to really see Brotherhood. Caught a few episodes on Adult swim, and saw the first few online. Also if you can, make sure to check out Conquerers of Shambala(it concludes the first series)
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Here you go. All episodes. Sadly on megavideo. And I must say that the English dub is surprisingly good. Hell it's awesome

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-episode-1-english-dubbed-online-free

The first 15-20 episodes are only so so since they are retelling the basic story of the first series with a few changes but later on it gets insane. This series here puts a lot more importance on the side characters, adds a few new ones and has some insane battle scenes. And it has some more complicated storyline where it's cool to see the characters using more strategy.

I especially recommend watching episode 19.

I've been meaning to catch it but people have it to upload it on my torrents
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 am

Nice. Just saw Conquerers of Shambala. It was quite fun and concluded the series well although it kinda sucked that they left
Spoiler:
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Rex wrote:Here you go. All episodes. Sadly on megavideo. And I must say that the English dub is surprisingly good. Hell it's awesome

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-episode-1-english-dubbed-online-free

The first 15-20 episodes are only so so since they are retelling the basic story of the first series with a few changes but later on it gets insane. This series here puts a lot more importance on the side characters, adds a few new ones and has some insane battle scenes. And it has some more complicated storyline where it's cool to see the characters using more strategy.

I especially recommend watching episode 19.

I've been meaning to catch it but people have it to upload it on my torrents

Thanks for the link. Oh good it really is different series lol. Hmm yeah I had a bit of trouble finding the movie too. I found it... but then again the video itself was so messed up I really need to rewatch.

Rex wrote:Nice. Just saw Conquerers of Shambala. It was quite fun and concluded the series well although it kinda sucked that they left
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Yeah. After a while it becomes insanely different but in a really good way. And it has some great new characters like Armstrong's big sister. Oh yeah it's crazy as it sounds Razz
Yeah I couldn't find the movie as well. I had to get it from the pirate bay which was a really annoying experience. I hate international trackers. Ok so maybe I love but it's a hate love relationship

Well then you should
Spoiler:
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: