Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING about Posting Stories online.

4 posters

Go down

WARNING about Posting Stories online. Empty WARNING about Posting Stories online.

Post by Unit7 Mon May 17, 2010 9:03 pm

If you have something you want to publish, DO NOT POST IT.

While posting small excerpts from a work of fiction is fine, posting the full story is not.

When you post something on the Internet it is considered Published in the Business. You have given up your First Rights to it and thats what publishers look for. Why publish something when you can find it free online?

Keep this in mind when you post your fictional stories.

But if you don't want to get something published, feel free to post it. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

WARNING about Posting Stories online. Empty Re: WARNING about Posting Stories online.

Post by secret_life93 Mon May 17, 2010 9:04 pm

I have no intentions of trying to get anything published at this point, so I'm good. Smile Thanks for the heads up, I never knew about any of that before. Smile
secret_life93
secret_life93

Back to top Go down

WARNING about Posting Stories online. Empty Re: WARNING about Posting Stories online.

Post by Unit7 Mon May 17, 2010 10:43 pm

secret_life93 wrote:I have no intentions of trying to get anything published at this point, so I'm good. Smile Thanks for the heads up, I never knew about any of that before. Smile

Yeah I saw that you had posted something and realized not everyone knows this. Though I put it up.

I have yet to read your story's excerpt, but I am looking forward to it. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:51 pm

I should note that even before the publishing company faxed my contract that asked if my full manuscript was posted anywhere on the internet. Descriptions and excerpts excluded.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Something to inspire the future writers here Wink

Spoiler:
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Twilight may infact be one of the Ultimate Evils in this world but... it also gave a ton of hope to writers everywhere. That and may have driven some in AA meetings where they turned up drunk and started complaining how the world isn't fair and how crap like Twilight got published and his masterpiece didn't get published.

But yeah, definitely giving hope to writers everywhere. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down