Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unit did you.....

2 posters

Go down

Unit did you..... Empty Unit did you.....

Post by Rex Tue May 18, 2010 3:00 am

find the cake?

Unit did you..... 2661-3
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Unit did you..... Empty Re: Unit did you.....

Post by Unit7 Tue May 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Damn been to busy and tired lately to play Portal. Sad

So no, i did not find the cake. But they said there will be some. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue May 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Holy crap I finally got to Test Chamber 19. Very Happy

But boy oh boy was 18 a pain in the ass. Wait I think it was 18. It had those turrets and you had to manipulate those plasma ball things to kill them and then you had to go across to get a cube(omg I killed my companion cube. >.<) and I was so frustrated once I had to get the cube in that room. I watched a video and I couldn't understand what the dude was trying to do. I guess he just kept messing up with the time. I would have played that level all day and not once consider looking over the damned edge.... -_- I can't believe that platform was down there the whole freaking time! Unbelievable. Sad

Then I had to get up them platforms you know? I learned one thing about this game. Dying is just a pain in the ass. I hate having to click to bring up the loading screen. After countless failed attempts of trying to get it just right. I realized... why dont I just use the autosave? -_- I think this saved me from so so so much frustration.

But when I finally finished it. I was one happy person. Very Happy

As for the Companion Cube...

I really didn't want to do it. I was having so much fun with my Companion Cube. It was really really weird too because I just didn't want to destroy it.

So instead of destroying it. I jumped into the incineration(sp) thing instead. Then after awhile I was like.... ok ok I will do it. So I tossed it in and then I sorta jumped onto the opening and got stuck I guess and I died. I couldn't go on without it so I jumped in after it!!

On my third attempt the Companion Cube actually got stuck between the 2 portals It was just sorta sitting there. Amused I wasn't paying attention and opened a portal over my head. It hit me! Sad But I understood, I mean I did throw it into the fire last time... Sad

I didn't want to. But... I had to go on.

Though while knowing that I cannot be held accountable(or whatever it was) for its death was not exactly comforting.

It was that he would probably want me to continue on. That I should go and finish this hell.

RIP Companion Cube.

I will miss you. Sad Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue May 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Ew Double Post!!!

Meh screw it.

You know I sorta feel guilty about using a walkthrough on a game like Portal. Normally I don't mind using one in a game that I am stuck in and need a small little boost. But for Portal its different for some reason. I am just glad I only used it on like 2 parts. The first being stupid and me not paying attention to the game enough and now the couple parts in Chamber 18. Though the second time I used it I already knew what needed to be done anyways...

Meh oh well.

Atleast there will be cake. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue May 18, 2010 10:49 pm

This video sums up my feelings on the companion cube extremely well

Crying or Very sad

Yeah. It's those little things that usually get you. Miss one chism,one door or whatver and bham

You mean the four turrents on platforms? Yeah to me they weren't so much a problem you just have to hide quickly. The problem was timing the jump to open the doors on the sealed energy reciever. It took a few tries

Isn't autosave a bit of a pain in the ass as well? I pesonally preer just mnual save whenver I am trying something risky. Like the multiple that huge climb

Now get ready. The best part is just ahead. And just you know it kight be a good idea to lower the music volume when the time comes so you understand it better. You will know when. Oh and don't forget the hints from the past subjects
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue May 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Wow that video definitely puts how I felt. In fact the choice of song is eerily similar to how I felt when I was with it. RIP Companion Cube. Sad

Yeah thats the room I was talking about. I didn't even see the Turrets when I first entered the room and suddenly I was being attacked. After that it was just a bit annoying trying to kill them. As always, it was satisfying seeing them spaz out and die. Very Happy

Also I hated getting that timing right. Luckily I had put a portal up on that wall next to the button and looked through it. I would have missed it entirely. When I finally timed it right I was jumping for joy. The jump to get the cube was also a pain. Always the small stuff. Sad

Yeah autosaving(dunno which I did. I just saved and it allowed me to load up from that point) was a pain, but its much better then having to do all those jumps over again if I were to die. In which case I would have to start over. Took me quite awhile just to properly do the first one(though I noticed I kept my finger pressed on one of the WASD keys which through me off) But I only autosaved during that part of the game. Now if there weren't all those checkpoints places where you respawn, I would have done it alot more.

Oh I can't wait until I get time to play it.

Also still haven't played any of the bonus levels yet. looking forward to that too.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue May 18, 2010 11:04 pm

You are close to the finish. In fact I think you only one level away. Overall if you don't look around too much you have about 45minutes to 1h 30 of game left
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue May 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Rex wrote:You are close to the finish. In fact I think you only one level away. Overall if you don't look around too much you have about 45minutes to 1h 30 of game left

Tempting to play now, but I am to tired to try and figure out any real puzzles. Though I will probably look around a bit. Some interesting stuff to be seen. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed May 19, 2010 1:52 pm

The cake is a lie...
the cake is a lie...

What do they mean its a lie!! I want my cake. Sad

OK I played portal today but I didn't finish the game. After you use that one rocket launcher droid thing to break open the cube tube I got stuck. Funny story about that. When I first entered that hallway I thought "I bet I could manipulate that rocket to break it" but instead I decided to try and use a chair(didn't work obviously) Then I was like "hmm ok so you do have to break it.'

actually speaking of trying to use objects to get places. In that one room with those turrets that appear after those doors open? I tried to stack those oil barrel things and then jump through one portal to try and make it up there. At first I tried doing this at the wrong spot(completely overlooked the clues) and then I tried with the right exit.

Yeah turns out you can actually just shoot a portal up there -_-

So yeah I got stuck after the stupid stupid rocket thing. I just keep spinning around and around in that fan shaft... thing.

Also I LOVED the part where they try and kill you. After being stupid and over thinking that part(seems to be common with me in this game...) I was watching the flames as the platform moved towards it and I was like 'Wait... this can't be right!' so I quickly shot a portal and escaped. haha

Of course then I got stuck on that part. I remembered what you said about remembering what you have learned. Thank you for that. Razz

Ok I am done now. xD
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 20, 2010 1:07 am

Haha yeah I remember that damn shaft. I also got stuck at it. But it's actually one of those super easy things once you figure it out. When you are in the shaft you have to just shoot a portal between the fans. That's all Smile

Anyway gotta go write a paper now. Boring. But I will be back later to tell you about this fun thing that's actually very close to the shaft
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu May 20, 2010 11:43 am

Rex wrote:Haha yeah I remember that damn shaft. I also got stuck at it. But it's actually one of those super easy things once you figure it out. When you are in the shaft you have to just shoot a portal between the fans. That's all Smile

Anyway gotta go write a paper now. Boring. But I will be back later to tell you about this fun thing that's actually very close to the shaft

Are you sure? I reiws shotting down there but I couldn't...

Though mayve those fan blades got in the way. lol

Once again its the easy stuff. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 20, 2010 11:48 am

Unit7 wrote:
Rex wrote:Haha yeah I remember that damn shaft. I also got stuck at it. But it's actually one of those super easy things once you figure it out. When you are in the shaft you have to just shoot a portal between the fans. That's all Smile

Are you sure? I reiws shotting down there but I couldn't...

Though mayve those fan blades got in the way. lol

Once again its the easy stuff. lol

Try again. It's this one right? (skip to 8:01)

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu May 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Yup thats the place I am talking about. Wow I guess I was toward the center of the fan or something.

Hey out of curiosity. When you got to that Rocket Launching Droid thing did you try and kill it to? I spent a good 5 minutes trying to get the Rocket to hit it.(to used to having to defeat bosses and enemies lol) until I started looking for some weapon and wondered if that other viewing room thing had something I could bash this thing's circuits in. xD
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 20, 2010 12:19 pm

But of course Very Happy First time I played I spent some serious time on it but then I went all meh on it.

By the way I tried your suggestion to get turrets to shoot at each other and it worked. They don't desroy each other but the turret you are using a shield started going " Don't shoot". It was kinda fun

Also for some reason mostly because the sound so cute I decided to spare the turrets on the 19th level so know I just sneak behind them ,picked them up and put them in a corner where they can't see me. It's kinda fun. Although harder
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu May 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Finally beat the game... well I still have them bonus levels After I got through that shaft thing it was smooth sailing. Though that room with all those turrets was a small pain(you are right, they sound cute and are fun to listen to)

I loved fighting GLaDOS. It wasy easy, but his dialogue was just alot of fun. Before I realized you had to throw those things into the incinerator. I goofed around with it. I even opened to portals on the floor next to eachother and watched it go back and forth while listening to him talk.

But how dare he bring up Companion Cube and how I killed it. I didn't want to. Its not fair, he made me. Sad

Also loved the ending credits song. That was just awesome. I remember you linked to it a few months back, but after playing the game and then listening to it. Its just so much better.

Also I loved the small scene with the Companion cube and the Cake, with those droid things coming online(or whatever they were. o.O )
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down