Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aw... Looks like the college caught up with my bad student ways...

3 posters

Go down

Aw... Looks like the college caught up with my bad student ways... Empty Aw... Looks like the college caught up with my bad student ways...

Post by melissa052 Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:30 am

I was apparently dismissed from the college... According to the email, I can appeal to it if there's an 'extenuating circumstance' involved... Is it possible to make one up? (Extenuating circumstances are verified cases of accidents, illnesses, death in the immediate family, jury duty, declaration of war, natural calamity, military conscription, family or job displacement, instructor error, or other circumstances beyond the control of the student which are justifiable in the judgment of the college president or his/her designee.)

Eh, maybe this can be a good thing... But how to convince Grandma that it's not bad?

I have to wonder now, though... When I go back to college, hopefully not till I move to LA, would I be a junior like I was gonna be this next semester or will I be a freshman again? (In other words, can I treat this dismissal as a new beginning?)
I think I'll talk to one of the online counselors later today about that....
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Aw... Looks like the college caught up with my bad student ways... Empty Re: Aw... Looks like the college caught up with my bad student ways...

Post by brown eyes sp Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:49 am

Your status when you go back will depend on how many of the credits you already earned for the classes you took transfer over to the new university. Which, I hate to tell you, is usually not many, especially if you are moving far away from your original university. They'll probably let you transfer a few of your core curriculum classes, but you'll have to go back and re-take some stuff so that it counts as a part of their curriculum. Colleges are pretty good at screwing you like that Neutral .
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

Aw... Looks like the college caught up with my bad student ways... Empty Re: Aw... Looks like the college caught up with my bad student ways...

Post by Rex Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:08 am

Well that sucks but on the bright side this will serve as a great motivation for the next time
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:56 pm

brown eyes sp wrote:Your status when you go back will depend on how many of the credits you already earned for the classes you took transfer over to the new university. Which, I hate to tell you, is usually not many, especially if you are moving far away from your original university. They'll probably let you transfer a few of your core curriculum classes, but you'll have to go back and re-take some stuff so that it counts as a part of their curriculum. Colleges are pretty good at screwing you like that Neutral .
The college I'll be going to in LA is actually not a University, just a city college like I go to now, but one with a really good film program, I couldn't transfer to a university now if I wanted to because of my status... I haven't looked yet, but I honestly doubt I even have more than like 24 units considering my sucky grades every semester... I should have went to alleviate some of my past classes on the last week of school last semester...
I just checked and I only have 29 completed units... I suck!

Rex wrote:Well that sucks but on the bright side this will serve as a great motivation for the next time
Yeah, motivation is pretty much the thing I lacked since around 2/3rd semesters... Mostly because I knew what I was doing wasn't helping me in any way and knowing I should be somewhere else that could help me... I honestly believe I'll be 120% better as a student when I'm in a school that can actually help me with my future....
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum