Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Bloody Valentine 3D

2 posters

Go down

My Bloody Valentine 3D Empty My Bloody Valentine 3D

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:47 pm

With the disapointment of Death On Demand I decided to try and find a good horror movie. So I picked My Bloody Valentine 3D. Though I admit it attracted my eye because of Jensen Ackles. I loved him(no homo) in Supernatural and another movie he did several years back. It was a movie I had always meant to see anyways.

Jensen Ackles plays Tom Hasinger(I think thats his last name) who was blamed for a collapse in a mine because he didn't relieve the pressure on the methane pipes or something. One Miner survived and its believed he was the one to kill the trapped Miners. He would later go on to kill 20 or so people before being shot at by police. The story really picks up with Tom returning home 10 years later so he can sell the family Mine. But a pick ax wielding killer, the preffered weapon by Warden(the dude who survived, goes on a rampage through the town killing as it should be done.

My only real complaint about the movie is how you can easily tell what would have been in 3D. Its actually sorta funny how different the intended 3D objects look when not in 3D. Not to say it looks bad, but everytime I noticed this, I was drawn out of the movie.

The characters are great and have some great actors playing them. Jensen did a great job of playing Tom. Kerr Smith did an excellent job of protraying Axel, the town sherrif.

The deaths. Now the ways Warden killed his victims were just great in all its brutality. It was gory in that perfect way. Well done. Smile

The ending was great. I loved it. Perhaps one of the better endings(and especially so much better then Death On Demand's)

I would go into detail about this... but well its something you will have to see. Lets just say, it kept me guessing right until the very end. Hell I am still trying to work my head around a few aspects of it. lol

If you love horror films and especially the Slasher subgenre. Then I would say this is definitely worth seeing. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

My Bloody Valentine 3D Empty Re: My Bloody Valentine 3D

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Isn't that the movie where some girl just runs around completely naked for an hour? Seems a little unnecessary. I think I'll skip this one. Neutral
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Isn't that the movie where some girl just runs around completely naked for an hour? Seems a little unnecessary. I think I'll skip this one. Neutral

Damn I almost forgot to mention that. While that bit has the best most hillarious death in the whole thing. The nudity in that part was a bit... to much. In fact its the only time nudity is even in the movie. Also it wasn't for an hour it was for several minutes. You should just skip the few minutes. The rest of the movie was what a slasher flick should be.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum