Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love and Suicide- My Review... as if anyone actually cares, lol

3 posters

Go down

Love and Suicide- My Review... as if anyone actually cares, lol Empty Love and Suicide- My Review... as if anyone actually cares, lol

Post by Unit7 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:59 am

So I was browsing movies and I stumbled on this movie called Love and Suicide. I read the description and I thought 'This should be interesting'

The movie follows 2 girls as they go from friends and beyond. Kaye is a new girl in New Orleans and befriends a girl named Emily. As their friendship grows, they become so much more. With their new relationship, Kaye lives in fear of her mother of finding out who is very religious and tries to get her daughter to be more active reader of the bible and going to church. The movie shows how difficult life can become when we can't accept one another for who they are.

Now when I said Nonexistant Budget, I literally meant it. Any special effects(mostly slowmotion and something with the audio and such) is bad. I mean real bad. Basicly it looks like a small group of people and a camcorder. So visuals are on the low end.

The acting... well I suppose they had some good moments. There wasn't exactly the greatest actors and sometimes it was really distracting.

The Characters.
Well aside from Kaye and Emily the characters were not many. There was a guy who was interested in Emily but... well that didn't end well.

Though I did love Kaye's little brother who as Kaye puts it. Was once told the story of chicken little and ever since he felt the need to wear something on his head(odd hats to football helmets)

While the actresses who played Kaye and Emily were not that great, I did love the characters and their relationship. They were both very unique.

The Story. I loved the story. Whats not to love about a story like this? Two people who fall in love and have to overcome-

Wait! I think I just heard Obi-Wan Kenobi say "I felt a great disturbance in the Guy Points, as if millions of Points suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

But yeah. I love stories like this. Smile

The ending, even though I had heard it was depressing, caught me completely off guard.

It was also incredibly cheesy too. There was actually one scene where this guy who wants to be with Emily is drunk and walking around, while elsewhere Emily is walking around and comes to this giant fire. The Dude calls out Emily's name, while Emily calls out Kaye and I think sorta pleading with God why her and such. In all honesty, I have no idea why that scene was even in there. It was poorly done(well more so) whatever it was they were trying to do... well it could have done better in a different way.

The only real thing that this movie has going for it is the story itself. Which could be improved on in some ways.

parts of the movie also sorta jumped around in time. One minute one was discussing getting an apartment of their own, the very next scene is with that character getting a small house. So... yeah.

Anyways I personally think its worth a shot. Though the first 3 minutes or so are... well pretty bad.

Well its an incredibly low budget movie with some bad acting.

This movie should be remade and given the chance the story deserves. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvAxtI30WZA&has_verified=1

Full Movie(apparently its free on youtube. Though not sure if residents outside of US can see it or how that all works.) Oh! and you need to have an account thats listed as 18 and over. xD
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Love and Suicide- My Review... as if anyone actually cares, lol Empty Re: Love and Suicide- My Review... as if anyone actually cares, lol

Post by Rex Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:09 am

Seems intriguing. I might give it a shot. However if you are looking for a good suicide love story I highly recommend....ok I forgot the name. I will get back at this once I am finished with Warehouse 13
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Love and Suicide- My Review... as if anyone actually cares, lol Empty Re: Love and Suicide- My Review... as if anyone actually cares, lol

Post by Unit7 Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Rex wrote:Seems intriguing. I might give it a shot. However if you are looking for a good suicide love story I highly recommend....ok I forgot the name. I will get back at this once I am finished with Warehouse 13

I think its worth a good chance. The quality of the movie is pretty bad, but if you can look past that it has the potential for such an amazing story.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Well since it's free I might just have go give it a try.
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum