Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prom Night

2 posters

Go down

Prom Night Empty Prom Night

Post by pinkcupcake Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Okay so a few days ago, I dared myself to watch a horror movie. Thinking, how bad could it really be? And I wanted to know why everyone else loved it so much. So I thought, what could I watch that wouldn't be AWFULLY scary? And I remembered my friends saying Prom Night was really tame in the scary category, and it was actually pretty funny. They said the only aspect that could scare me was the creepy aspect... and they said there were a few pop-ups that may freak me out. So I went on Youtube and they had the whole movie up on it, and I watched it through.

The flashback at the beginning where Donna is sixteen and she comes home from the movies really freaked me out. I think that itself was the scariest part. She comes home to find her dad murdered in the living room, and obviously upset, she goes upstairs to her brother's room to find him murdered as well, both of them stabbed multiple times. Then she runs to her parent's bedroom and hides under the bed, and a few moments later her mother runs in there but is followed by a man (who you can't see yet because it's her eye view from under the bed and you only see feet) and he demands to know where "she" is and the mother refuses to tell him, and he knocks her to the ground with a knife to her throat, asking again with even more anger, and in a split second the mother sees her daughter under the bed (without making it obvious, somehow) and she refused again, and he stabbed her violently while strangling her, and she's gurgling and choking until he leaves and her eyes are frozen on her daughter Donna. So Donna, traumatized, runs outside and sees a cop car going by with its sirens on, and she waves her hands and screams for help, and all the sudden you hear the guy behind her and she wakes up, back in real life in a room with her therapist.

It's like a year later and she is healing, sort of, but still scared. But she's excited because the next night is her senior prom night. Also, I should add this very important part of it. The guy who murdered her family used to be her science teacher and he grew obsessed with her, and after they got a restraining order against him he murdered her family in hopes of getting to Donna. The reason why she wasn't taken that night was because he thought she wasn't home. He ended up in jail, and he looks like a serious creep, talks like one too. She had to go to the police station the day after and confirm it was him who did it, because the cops caught him, and he kept saying that he would get out of there soon, and they would finally be together forever. Really creepy. So Donna always gets nightmares the year following that terrifying episode, but now she's better, of course, in time for her senior prom.

Now the day after the therapy session, Donna is getting ready and everything and after she has arrived at the hotel where the prom is being held with her boyfriend and two other couples who are all her friends, and while they are having fun and dancing and everything, the camera goes inside a police station where a policeman gets a call that something Ramsey had escaped from jail. This guy was the one who was stalking her, the night of her senior prom, he's free. So automatically, you think... shit. Not only because he escaped but also because he escaped 3 DAYS BEFORE the prom, and the police weren't notified until the night of her prom. So they get a bunch of cop cars to surround the hotel, but not until the camera shows Ramsey, her stalker, with a shaved face and a buzz cut, looking a bit different from how he used to, which is a way he can stay low key, obviously done on purpose. He checks into the hotel on the same floor as Donna and her friends got a room on, after the black guy who's her friend gets another key for the room in front of the creep.

So he hears, and he goes up to his room and when he sees a maid, he scratches his key up with his knife and asks her to let him into his room with the master key she has. So naturally, she's an idiot and she goes up and lets him in, and walks into his room with her back turned. He strangles her and leads her to the bathroom where he stabs her repeatedly and gets the card, putting it in his pocket. So now he can get into Donna's room with the hotel key! Yay, right? So that's one person on his ticket. While this is happening, Donna and her friends are still dancing downstairs, of course. Donna decides to go upstairs to the room to freshen up, naturally alone, and she hears things but it ends up being her friend Claire. Claire goes on about how her date is being an ass, and Donna says she's sorry and asks if she wants to go back down to the dance. Claire says she wants to freshen up and wash her face and chill for a while but she'll be back down soon. So Donna goes back down and dances with her beau. But Claire is now alone.

Spoiler:

I put everything in spoilers just in case you guys might wanna watch and haven't watched it before. I didn't want to give away who got killed and such, haha.

So yeah. Pretty sure that was a lot more of a summary than it was a review. Sorry for the longness of it xD

Last edited by pinkcupcake on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

Prom Night Empty Re: Prom Night

Post by Unit7 Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Well mostly it was a summary of the movie. Razz

But it beats just about everything I have written as far as reviews go. xD]

Soo... did you enjoy it? Or were you actually a scaredy cat? tongue

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Whoops... yeah it was xD I'm gonna change that... lol

Soo...

I actually did enjoy it. It was amusing seeing my 8th grade English teacher lookalike go around murdering people. And it wasn't that scary, just a bit creepy.
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:13 pm

pinkcupcake wrote:Whoops... yeah it was xD I'm gonna change that... lol

Soo...

I actually did enjoy it. It was amusing seeing my 8th grade English teacher lookalike go around murdering people. And it wasn't that scary, just a bit creepy.

haha well thats good.

Last edited by Unit7 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Yeah haha
pinkcupcake