Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassination of a High School President

Go down

Assassination of a High School President  Empty Assassination of a High School President

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:31 am

I stumbled on this movie purely by accident while searching for something else.

Assassination of a High School President follows a kid named Bobby Funke(pronounced Funk, but most people say Funky.) who is a Reporter for some Catholic school news paper. He thinks he has stumbled upon something of interest when dozens of students hand in a quiz that needed the person to translate something into spanish only the translation they gave had something to do with Sperm. lol Anyways he is denied of being able to get this story and instead has to do a piece of the High School's President thats all around popular and well liked. When the SAT scores go missing Funke is persuaded to try and figure out who did it. However he unravels something much much bigger.
(fail. you can find a better description of things on imdb but yeah)

First off. This movie is just awesome. One of the first things this movie reminded me of is a hardboiled detective novel/movie. I am sure there is a more technical term for it. Its a comedy, but its a comedy that's humor comes largely by how serious Funke acts and the seriousness of the whole plot. Its... I guess its just something you will have to see.

The acting was great. I loved the performance by the dude who played Bobby Funke. Also Mischa Barton did a fantastic job with her part. Then there was Bruce Willis who played the Principal who was a veteran of Desert Storm and hates gum. He did a fantastic job.

While being a Comedy I didn't find much to laugh out loud about... but it left me amused and smiling as it went along. Again its hard to explain... but I think you might get it if you watch.

The ending was actaully really good. I loved how the mystery had come together and how within the movie itself you could have pieced everything together. Well almost everything was available to you. A few of the 'clues' you had to figure out and you probably couldn't connect it until after the end.

Basicly... I would highly recommend this movie highly. lol

For the guys
Spoiler:

Extreme spoilers!
Spoiler:
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down