Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw

+2
pinkcupcake
Hannah_Banana222
6 posters

Go down

Saw Empty Saw

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:26 pm

I just watched Saw for the first time.  I only watched the first one, so no spoilers on the others, people!  But don't worry.  Within a couple days, I'm sure I'll be all caught up.

Anyway, this has gotta be one of my favorite movies ever.  It's just awesome.

For the 6 people on the planet who haven't seen it, it's about these 2 guys who end up in a dirty room where they're being watched by some psychopath who makes them hurt themselves.  *pauses for breath*  There are lots of flashbacks to other victims and their horrible deaths.

There were multiple chances for other people to kill the killer. But like every horror movie known to man, no one takes advantage of those moments, and the bad guy slips away just in time.

The ending is great.  It had an M. Night Shyamalan-ish twist, but like better.  In the last 2 minutes, everything you thought you knew about the movie is changed.  I had nothing to say but holy shit.

I realize I suck at giving reviews/summaries, but if I said any more, I'd just ramble on and give too many spoilers.  You're welcome. Razz
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Saw Empty Re: Saw

Post by pinkcupcake Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:36 pm

If I dislike OVERLY scary movies but don't mind tame ones... should I see it? I heard Saw is really gross though.
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:44 pm

pinkcupcake wrote:If I dislike OVERLY scary movies but don't mind tame ones... should I see it? I heard Saw is really gross though.

Depends on your definition of tame, but I would say no. I've heard that this is not nearly as gory as the sequels, but it was still pretty bad.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:I just watched Saw for the first time.  I only watched the first one, so no spoilers on the others, people!  But don't worry.  Within a couple days, I'm sure I'll be all caught up.

For the 6 people on the planet who haven't seen it, it's about these 2 guys who end up in a dirty room where they're being watched by some psychopath who makes them hurt themselves.  *pauses for breath*  There are lots of flashbacks to other victims and their horrible deaths.

There were multiple chances for other people to kill the killer. But like every horror movie known to man, no one takes advantage of those moments, and the bad guy slips away just in time.

The ending is great.  It had an M. Night Shyamalan-ish twist, but like better.  In the last 2 minutes, everything you thought you knew about the movie is changed.  I had nothing to say but holy shit.

I realize I suck at giving reviews/summaries, but if I said any more, I'd just ramble on and give too many spoilers.  You're welcome. Razz

Meh probably better then most of mine. Often mine just end up me either gushing about it and rambling incoherently about it or raging about how awful it was and going off on incoherent rants. *shrugs*

Wait. Exactly when did they have a chance to kill the killer? From what I remember, none of them really had any opprotunity to get close to them. o.O

I don't think any of the rest of the Saw movies were as great as the first.(this reminds me I should look up the short film that was used to market the Saw movies for you)

Alot of the times it does end up with how creative Jigsaw can kill his victims rather then the overall story.

However, there is actually a rather brilliant overall story that goes through the entire series. Well I think its brilliant. It often leaves you thinking 'wait what just happened?' but in that good way. Its surprising how interconnected the entire series actually is.

Also I am pretty sure the rest of the movies will have that sort of Twist ending. Its not as great as the one in Saw... but enjoyable. Well I find them enjoyable. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Unit7 wrote:
Hannah_Banana222 wrote:I just watched Saw for the first time.  I only watched the first one, so no spoilers on the others, people!  But don't worry.  Within a couple days, I'm sure I'll be all caught up.

Meh probably better then most of mine. Often mine just end up me either gushing about it and rambling incoherently about it or raging about how awful it was and going off on incoherent rants. *shrugs*

Wait. Exactly when did they have a chance to kill the killer? From what I remember, none of them really had any opprotunity to get close to them. o.O

I don't think any of the rest of the Saw movies were as great as the first.(this reminds me I should look up the short film that was used to market the Saw movies for you)

Alot of the times it does end up with how creative Jigsaw can kill his victims rather then the overall story.

However, there is actually a rather brilliant overall story that goes through the entire series. Well I think its brilliant. It often leaves you thinking 'wait what just happened?' but in that good way. Its surprising how interconnected the entire series actually is.

Also I am pretty sure the rest of the movies will have that sort of Twist ending. Its not as great as the one in Saw... but enjoyable. Well I find them enjoyable. lol

Well yours usually go into great detail. I just sorta bullcrap something together and tell people to watch. tongue

Several times, the cops were like, "Don't move, or I'll shoot!" Couldn't they just shoot the guy and end the madness?

Yeah, that's what my brother has been telling me. That the second one picks up right where this left off and so on, and that it'll make more sense when more stuff is revealed.

I am really looking forward to the others.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:06 pm

Is this where that one Detective is chasing him down into that basement and the one detective gets... well you know?

I think it was trying to be realistic. They can't really shoot at an unarmed man(I think he was unarmed) and posed no immediate threat to someone else or the cops themselves.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Unit7 wrote:Is this where that one Detective is chasing him down into that basement and the one detective gets... well you know?

I think it was trying to be realistic. They can't really shoot at an unarmed man(I think he was unarmed) and posed no immediate threat to someone else or the cops themselves.

Yeah. That makes sense.

Also...
Spoiler:
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Haha I guarantee you that I will never see this movie, so I'm wondering this:
Do the cops have any idea about this crap with Jigsaw and the game he puts the people through?
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:17 pm

pinkcupcake wrote:Haha I guarantee you that I will never see this movie, so I'm wondering this:
Do the cops have any idea about this crap with Jigsaw and the game he puts the people through?

Yes they do. In fact one of Jigsaw's prisoners in the first was actually a suspect in the killings. The Police are completely aware of what Jigsaw does. The thing is they don't know what he looks like. Atleast not as far as the first film goes.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 pm

I realize I suck at giving reviews/summaries, but if I said any more, I'd just ramble on and give too many spoilers. You're welcome.

Meh probably better then most of mine. Often mine just end up me either gushing about it and rambling incoherently about it or raging about how awful it was and going off on incoherent rants.

Don't worry, I suck worse than both of you! Razz Probably because a suck royally at writing or maybe because I haven't really honestly tried? Weird thing is about less then a week ago I joked on twitter about starting a blog to 'review' random movies I've seen and about 90% of my friends and my sister say I should definitely do that... Eh, maybe I'll try when I get home to write an ACTUAL review and let you people be the real judge of that! Razz

ANYWHO! Yes, I've seen all the Saw movies and love them! Of course I love any gory/scary movie....
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:11 pm

pinkcupcake wrote:If I dislike OVERLY scary movies but don't mind tame ones... should I see it? I heard Saw is really gross though.

saw is all blood and gore. it is not psychologicly scary, just visually. does that make sense?

and hannah, the saws are awesome. i've only seen the first three. the second one is defintily one to look forward to.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:56 pm

Yup. True dat. Haha!

I saw the second one. The twist was somewhat expected. I mean, I didn't figure it out but I should've with my thought process.

But yeah. It was awesome. Smile
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Yup. True dat. Haha!

I saw the second one. The twist was somewhat expected. I mean, I didn't figure it out but I should've with my thought process.

But yeah. It was awesome. Smile

I believe for the most part the twists can be somewhat predicted because of the movies are set up. They give you clues and hints and show you things that might not make sense at first but when put together you sorta go 'Oh I should have figured that out!'
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:46 am

What a sick movie....

Saw 48b7d1d8-388e-4a3f-9a85-06e00e6299bb
Rex
Rex